• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Im still hazy as to how this game scores. For the blackmailer, I did what everybody else seems to have done: lure him into the bathroom with coins and/or using the faucet. I killed him with a poison syringe, stashed the body, walked out and got in the helicopter. Yet, I only got a 4 star rating?

Granted it took me a little bit of time to get the timing right on the coin toss so I didnt draw somebody else and not the intended target. Also I had to knock out a bus boy who was standing right outside the bathroom because he would always respond to any coin tosses (I thought that if you stash the body it doesnt count against you?). Unless I am mistaken on the knockout body hiding issue, the only other thing I can think was time?

What was everybody elses completion time?

You can open the leaderboards for the ET and hover your cursor over your score. It'll tell you where you got docked points (by a body being found or something like that).

Moff

really excited for landslide and pro mode, I'll definitely put a lot of time into hitman again in the coming weeks

lol I just made the connection with the Note 7 and the explodey phone, goddamn

It may not count as an accident but it is fucking hilarious for it to go beep beep bewm

So how does the duck bomb operate? Has it really been useful?

If you're talking about the pale duck, it works the same as the remote duck bomb you can already unlock, only it's white. It works about as well as you'd expect; people pick it up like "huh, what's this?" so it ends up being useful for an easy kill, but it doesn't count for an accident kill so it fell out of favor compared to the fire extinguisher/remote breaching charge combo.

The disc version is in the wild now, yes? I'm surprised there aren't any Landslide playthroughs up on YouTube yet.

The bonus missions are not on the disc, so no one can play Landslide until they release tomorrow.

So how does the duck bomb operate? Has it really been useful?

One other thing is that you can throw it and press the button in plain sight, and no one will notice a crime or suspect you. It can create distractions in ways nothing else can.

I've deliberately kept away from all discussion and news about this game pending it's physical release. I do not have high speed internet and with only a 25GB/mo data cap, downloading this game is out of the question.

I'm a big fan of the Hitman series and have played them all. I'm hearing the new game got a good reception and is regarded to be the best in the series next to Blood Money. What I want to know is - does the game still feature the variety, the interesting mission scenarios, the humor, the creativity, replayability and all that fun stuff?

Lastly, I seem to remember a lot of hubba over the game requiring an internet connection. Due to my reasons above, I keep my PS4 disconnected from the internet. Will I be able to play this game without issue?

I guess I'm just asking if there's anything I need to know before buying. If I should buy at all.

Thanks!

I've deliberately kept away from all discussion and news about this game pending it's physical release. I do not have high speed internet and with only a 25GB/mo data cap, downloading this game is out of the question.

I'm a big fan of the Hitman series and have played them all. I'm hearing the new game got a good reception and is regarded to be the best in the series next to Blood Money. What I want to know is - does the game still feature the variety, the interesting mission scenarios, the humor, the creativity, replayability and all that fun stuff?

Lastly, I seem to remember a lot of hubba over the game requiring an internet connection. Due to my reasons above, I keep my PS4 disconnected from the internet. Will I be able to play this game without issue?

I guess I'm just asking if there's anything I need to know before buying. If I should buy at all.

Thanks!

As of now, you can only complete challenges and unlock new items in online mode, but once unlocked they can be used offline. There are no leaderboards in offline mode. You can't play elusive targets offline, but I'm not sure about contracts. Online and offline saves are separate. It's definitely intended to be played online. Aside from downloading the bonus episodes and patches, I don't think it uses much bandwidth by just playing online.

As of now, you can only complete challenges and unlock new items in online mode, but once unlocked they can be used offline. There are no leaderboards in offline mode. You can't play elusive targets offline, but I'm not sure about contracts. Online and offline saves are separate. It's definitely intended to be played online. Aside from downloading the bonus episodes and patches, I don't think it uses much bandwidth by just playing online.

Would you still recommend it, given my situation?

SL128

Compared to Blood Money, the written humor is more subtle and less outrageous, but humor is still important; instead of coming mostly from writing (although the writing is still funny), this game's humor comes from the mechanics and absurd situations.

I think it's uncontroversial to say that this game has the most creative freedom and replayability of any Hitman game.

Variety is probably this game's weakest point compared to BM, but I think it's totally sufficient. The main levels are a Parisian mansion which hosts a fashion show and elite auction, a beautiful and old vacation town in Italy with a mansion and
a secret lab beneath it
, Marrakesh as massive protests go on over a Swedish banker stealing billions of dollars as a general plans to instate martial law, a high-end hotel in Bangkok hosting a rock band, a swampy farm in Colorado where
a private militia is organizing and operating
, and a secret hospital/resort in Hokkaido. Additionally, there are three side-missions which remix parts of Sapienza and Marrakesh. The locations are all distinct from eachother, have different tones, spins on the formula, use their own assets, and are of very high quality, but again, there being only 6 of them inherently limits variety.

Your online unlocks will work offline, but your offline unlocks are only available offline (as I understand it). If you end up getting disconnected during gameplay, the game will pause and give you the option to reconnect for as long as is needed. If you play exclusively offline, you shouldn't have any issues aside from not being able to do contracts mode or elusive targets (unless I'm wrong about offline unlocks).

Cheddahz

Banned
Elusive target was super easy!
I had a silent pistol stored in the top floor bathroom, got the invitation to the auction and went upstairs, quickly went into the attic, vaulted to the bathroom and waited for the target to get on the catwalk. Once he was down, I went and got Kurger's outfit to walk on the catwalk to get the memory stick

Would you still recommend it, given my situation?
According to this post the 1.21 update is 10.5G, so that's almost half your cap for the month. I'm sure that doesn't include the Landslide bonus mission, as it's a separate DLC code. If you can take the 10.5G hit to your download cap for the month, I would definitely recommend it.

According to this post the 1.21 update is 10.5G, so that's almost half your cap for the month. I'm sure that doesn't include the Landslide bonus mission, as it's a separate DLC code. If you can take the 10.5G hit to your download cap for the month, I would definitely recommend it.

Jesus Christ. These updates are killing me (and hard drive space) I'll just try to take my console to the girlfriends house and update it there. Online exclusive content is stupid though.

I really like this game, but it will destroy your data cap, sadly.
Is that true of simply playing online? I realize the updates and bonus mission downloads are going to wreck a data cap, but if he's able to update using a different connection, how much bandwidth does just playing online actually use?

Adnor

Banned
Is that true of simply playing online? I realize the updates and bonus mission downloads are going to wreck a data cap, but if he's able to update using a different connection, how much bandwidth does just playing online actually use?

I doubt just playing consumes too much bandwidth because it's only checking if you're online, but I can't really confirm it.

-GJ-

4 hints for 4 places I can remember:
- Underground laboratory
- Silvio's garden
- Alleyway
- Museum(?)

If you want specifics, you can always visit Hitman Maps.

If you're in the villa, search the garden shed or the garage.

If you're outside the villa, in the back alleys there's a guy working on a boat. There's a wrench on the boat.

There are a few more in obscure places but you'll probably never go there.
Thanks! Managed to find the one in the garage after running around for an hour or so. Good to know what the other locations are :).

Gjerven

ZU3VFVT.png

Source

OP has deleted his comments, but apparently this is 20 hours over a week, so 10 MB per hour.

Szadek

Got SA, No Suit in chapter 2 as well as Sniper Assassin
Was pretty easy once I knew the level layout of the map.

I still spent almost no time in the city. I don't know why I should.

Got SA, No Suit in chapter 2 as well as Sniper Assassin
Was pretty easy once I knew the level layout of the map.

I still spent almost no time in the city. I don't know why I should.

Some of the assassination opportunities involve people in the city. It's a really fun stage.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
If you're talking about the pale duck, it works the same as the remote duck bomb you can already unlock, only it's white. It works about as well as you'd expect; people pick it up like "huh, what's this?" so it ends up being useful for an easy kill, but it doesn't count for an accident kill so it fell out of favor compared to the fire extinguisher/remote breaching charge combo.

ahh figures, that's lame :/

One other thing is that you can throw it and press the button in plain sight, and no one will notice a crime or suspect you. It can create distractions in ways nothing else can.

aren't most detonators like that

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Throwing a regular explosive in sight of NPCs definitely counts as a crime. I'm pretty sure detonating it in sight of NPCs also counts as a crime.

I was talking about the remote detonator

at least, the remote detonator from my experience never triggers suspicion even after detonating the bomb.

I was talking about the remote detonator

at least, the remote detonator from my experience never triggers suspicion even after detonating the bomb.

I just tested this and I guess you're right!

There are a hundred of these little things where I want to say "I could swear it worked differently at launch" except you could probably get away with saying that about anything. And I could just have been colossally misunderstanding the game back at launch.

Is it possible to crash the stage ceiling in Paris without collateral damage?

Also, someone proved me wrong and got silent assassin with the falling light rig: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVYWe5YxHtk

It's... not exactly trivial since he had to (1) make Novikov stop at the start of the runway without anyone else on the runway, (2) make the fashion show crowd panic without setting Novikov into lockdown, and (3) lure Novikov onto the runway with coins.

NightOnyx

I'm excited for the update, lots of cool stuff included it looks like. I'm so glad they are adding HDR support though. The game already looks awesome on my pro and 4ktv, but I cant wait to play it with HDR on, especially while playing Landslide in Sapienza.

Jesus Christ. These updates are killing me (and hard drive space) I'll just try to take my console to the girlfriends house and update it there. Online exclusive content is stupid though.

If I were you, I would just capture the update link, bring laptop to your gf's house and download from there. No need to bring PS4.

There is a PC program called PSXDownloadHelper, it will act as proxy/cache server to your PS4.

What are the effects? See this pictures

[1] https://scontent-sit4-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=326e13c0ed28a4a1a811f7b865001f2a&oe=590396F0

[2] https://scontent-sit4-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=5a351a884d156e19e0b8206f351968c1&oe=5919F4A2

I want Sony to make official tool to make game data/update downloads available via PC :(

Top Bottom