• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Marrakesh: They'll probably ditch the poison kill opportunity for Zaydan. I could see them also making it tougher to sneak into the Consulate without a disguise.

Colorado: They could make it so you can't pose as an Interpol agent unless disguised as the technician. Being able to do all of that as the point man makes things a lot easier. Also make the elite guard disguise harder to get than being able to change into it in the truck.

Hokkaido: This is the easiest mission, and big part of that is how easy it is to sneak through the Morgue. You can eliminate targets, destroy evidence and escape quickly and easily from there. They could probably make it harder to get the remote control for the curator's meds, and add another NPC or two to that area. Probably near the stem cell containment room.

...I didn't even know you could use the Interpol badge as the Point Man. Although for Colorado I'm thinking more of how Graves and Berg are basically non-challenges due to the chandelier and the lawnmower - they both could use some shaking up.

For Hokkaido, access to the heart is definitely getting restricted. All they would really need to do is turn one of the bodyguards in the storage room around, and that will prevent you from just shooting it from outside.

Does Professional difficulty extend to user contracts as well?

On Twitter they clarified that it's just for story missions (that means no bonus missions either).

I hope professional difficulty levels get opened up for creating new contracts, though.

...I didn't even know you could use the Interpol badge as the Point Man. Although for Colorado I'm thinking more of how Graves and Berg are basically non-challenges due to the chandelier and the lawnmower - they both could use some shaking up.

For Hokkaido, access to the heart is definitely getting restricted. All they would really need to do is turn one of the bodyguards in the storage room around, and that will prevent you from just shooting it from outside.
I'm guessing any militia disguise will work when talking to Graves as long as you have the badge in your possession (though I could be wrong on that). It just so happened that I did this on my very first attempt on Colorado with the point man disguise, and I'm like "Huh, that was easy." It's a pretty OP disguise for most of the map.

ArjanN

That was my thought too! Whenever the guards get called, unless there's like one or two I can take out fast I'm done for immediately.

Still, pretty damn excited for this.

While combat is deadlier than in the previous games, if you have a decent defensible position you can still clear out a map.

Professional difficulty level is a welcome addition. Just in time too. I finally 100%ed every level last night.

My biggest wish for season two is a cross-platform contract system. I'm fine with separate leaderboards, but it would be nice to be able to do contracts created on PS4 or XBox on PC and vice-versa.

So it's definitely harder for me to pin down, as I try to never replay that map, but I've always felt that the difficulty and relatively empty, linear spaces in the public area of the map make the chick's kill very boring and busywork. I like the spaces around the lower surgery sections, because they're diverse and require maneuvering lots of tight corridors for some creative kills.

Also, coming in as an unarmed patient really takes away that cool feeling of being a hitman. Blending into those large crowds in earlier missions while maintaining dispensation was all a very fundamental part of why I enjoy Paris, Marrakesh, and Colorado, love Sapienza, don't care for Bangkok, and don't like Hokkaido.

BigAT

Has anyone been playing the Caravella Conundrum contract? How the hell did someone beat it in 3:10?

I managed to do it yesterday, but it was real ugly.

2jQQY9S.jpg

I started out at the default location in keeping with the actual Giant Bomb conditions. Missed the Sheik before he got to the auction as a result. Things got...messy from there.

Dereck

I've been playing Hitman pretty steady for a week now and I want to see if you guys do this.

Sometimes when I'm doing a mission that has two targets, I'll kill the first target after having found a few disguises, gathering intel, and following people around.

The last target though, sometimes I just end up shooting that idiot right in the middle of people, and just to exit the mission. Like fuck this shit dude, he's right here, I'm gonna put a bullet in his brain and skedaddle.

So far it's worked about 40% of the time.

Demoskinos

I managed to do it yesterday, but it was real ugly.

I started out at the default location in keeping with the actual Giant Bomb conditions. Missed the Sheik before he got to the auction as a result. Things got...messy from there.

So in other words. Playing it just like Vinny. :p

That professional difficulty info dump is bliss. Only thing missing at this point is a keyhole peeking feature. That would make Hitman Vision™© no longer a requirement for people who don't want to feel dirty for using it just so they don't bumble into alert guards and people on the other side of doors.

Good shit IO.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Is it still required to be online in order to play Hitman?

Joeku

Just did Caravella in about twenty minutes Silent Assassin, only to find out I apparently killed a non-target. Think I might have broken a neck. Whoops. Still got 54th on PC.

Closing in on 100 hours. So worth it.

____

I've been playing Hitman pretty steady for a week now and I want to see if you guys do this.

Sometimes when I'm doing a mission that has two targets, I'll kill the first target after having found a few disguises, gathering intel, and following people around.

The last target though, sometimes I just end up shooting that idiot right in the middle of people, and just to exit the mission. Like fuck this shit dude, he's right here, I'm gonna put a bullet in his brain and skedaddle.

Definitely have done this.

My plans for The Caravella Conundrum did not work out.

I couldn't resist following the speedruns for taking out Novikov under 45 seconds, but I wanted to follow that up with calling in Code 17 to get Dalia to the saferoom. But it seemed almost impossible to get Kurt the bodyguard to also go upstairs.

Is it possible to crash the stage ceiling in Paris without collateral damage?

I don't think it's possible, since you have no way of getting the audience out of the way without an outright evacuation. And then no one will go on stage.

In the future IO will probably reconsider making the "signature" kill of a level impossible to get SA with.

I could actually see a way to make this one work: evacuate the fashion show, take out Dalia, and set off the fireworks. Then give Novikov an extra routine where he goes onto the empty stage alone to throw a tantrum about whether this day could get any worse.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Also, I take it the best way to do the various sniper stuff in Sapienza is to wear a bodyguard costume and stash a rifle for pickup huh?

I don't think it's possible, since you have no way of getting the audience out of the way without an outright evacuation. And then no one will go on stage.

In the future IO will probably reconsider making the "signature" kill of a level impossible to get SA with.

I could actually see a way to make this one work: evacuate the fashion show, take out Dalia, and set off the fireworks. Then give Novikov an extra routine where he goes onto the empty stage alone to throw a tantrum about whether this day could get any worse.

Ah figures. It was a cool assassination but the collateral is just too unavoidable.

Also, I take it the best way to do the various sniper stuff in Sapienza is to wear a bodyguard costume and stash a rifle for pickup huh?

You could, but Sapienza is designed so that every sniper spot can be reached from the nearest rifle stashing location without a disguise. It's just kind of a pain getting there in two of those cases.

It wasn't until Marrakesh that a disguise became basically mandatory if you wanted to snipe.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
You could, but Sapienza is designed so that every sniper spot can be reached from the nearest rifle stashing location without a disguise. It's just kind of a pain getting there in two of those cases.

It wasn't until Marrakesh that a disguise became basically mandatory if you wanted to snipe.

Hmm but I can't seem to find a nearby pick up point for the church. The one that's near is only for small items.

derFeef

This game has so much content and replay value it's actually intimidating to even start it up... but I would love to actually tackle it one day.
Played Paris two times, Sapienza one time at 75% (destroy Virus is left).

I'm tempted to get the steelbook release for this, but I'm curious how much content have I missed out on due to not playing the game as the different events and stuff went live?

And how does this compare to the other games? The only one I really played was Silent Assassin, and a bit of Absolution and the one that starts out in a meat factory I think. I'm guessing the AI is improved tenfold from Hitman 2, but is it still a case of once you get spotted you're basically screwed in terms of completing the mission using stealth, as opposed to something like MGS where you can hide away and wait for the alert to finish?

Weebos

Banned
I'm tempted to get the steelbook release for this, but I'm curious how much content have I missed out on due to not playing the game as the different events and stuff went live?

The only things you have missed are some of the Elusive Targets. They're cool, but this game would still be 10/10 without them ever existing.

AndyVirus

Did that first attempt on Bangkok. Elaborate killing of Jordan Cross, then Ken Morgan is just hanging around with his bodyguard out front so popped them both in the head and ran to the exit.

The only things you have missed are some of the Elusive Targets. They're cool, but this game would still be 10/10 without them ever existing.

Oh, that's good to hear.
I've heard the game is repayable, but is that because of aiming to get the best score/ghost runs etc. or is there RNG involved that changes how objectives, enemy locations etc.?

Liamc723

Is there any way to permanently change your default load out?

I never use the fibre wire and always switch it out for the lockpick but it gets annoying having to do it every single time. Any way to change it so it sticks to the lockpick?

MaKTaiL

And how does this compare to the other games? The only one I really played was Silent Assassin, and a bit of Absolution and the one that starts out in a meat factory I think. I'm guessing the AI is improved tenfold from Hitman 2, but is it still a case of once you get spotted you're basically screwed in terms of completing the mission using stealth, as opposed to something like MGS where you can hide away and wait for the alert to finish?
You can always change disguses or simply run away from enemies once you get spotted. It's definitely possible (and even common) to get away and got back to being stealthy again.

As the previous reply mentioned, it's totally possible to go back to being stealthy. Watch Vinny play Hitman on Giant Bomb (search for "Hitsmas") to see how much you're able to go back to being stealthy after screwing up.

Basically, imagine everything Silent Assassin wanted to be, fully realized. That's this game.

Got the steelbook edition earlier.

The disc contains 43.80GB.

irbcxjK.jpg

Another 10.5GB for update version 1.21.

HErS26p.jpg

And the physical copy doesn't come with a platinum trophy.

kDa1Kll.jpg

PadUZLt.jpg

Is there no way to get the soundtrack seperately? I love the music in this game but I don't have the money for the special edition.

There's a soundtrack code in the steelbook edition (with HITMAN documentary).
You can redeem it on SQE website and they will send you the link download it in your e-mail.

I redeemed the code and got my e-mail BUT the links inside is broken so I'm not sure if it's a mp3 files or what.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Is it still required to be online in order to play Hitman?

Yes and no. You need to be online to unlock challenges which unlock new gear but once you have it you can use it offline now.

Is there any way to permanently change your default load out?

I never use the fibre wire and always switch it out for the lockpick but it gets annoying having to do it every single time. Any way to change it so it sticks to the lockpick?

No, you have to do it everytime. That's a good idea though.

Szadek

Professional difficult sounds pretty awesome.
Trying to get SA on suit only runs is going to be quite the challenge.
Getting SA is the most interesting part of the game anyway, since hunting for opportunites can get very tedious very fast.

Getting back into this game and Im not sure how people play this without using the "opportunities". Previous games had much smaller levels so it was a bit easier to find paths to the target.

I wandered around Marakeesh yesterday for at least an hour with the opportunities turned off trying to find a way and couldnt get anywhere.

Its so satisfying to see the dominos fall when everything works together but finding that initial thread to pull can be very difficult.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Getting back into this game and Im not sure how people play this without using the "opportunities". Previous games had much smaller levels so it was a bit easier to find paths to the target.

I wandered around Marakeesh yesterday for at least an hour with the opportunities turned off trying to find a way and couldnt get anywhere.

Its so satisfying to see the dominos fall when everything works together but finding that initial thread to pull can be very difficult.

I like the opportunities and also tell people to leave them on. They're never guiding you to the perfect hit, it's most like the developers just giving you some hints about what you can do and you can build on that. You can see that design because the challenges are like the next level to that where they're nudging you in a certain direction but you're suppose to figure that out for yourself. And even then there's still stuff you just find or do that is really satisfying because nobody told you about it.

Foffy

Banned
Got the steelbook edition earlier.

There's a soundtrack code in the steelbook edition (with HITMAN documentary).
You can redeem it on SQE website and they will send you the link download it in your e-mail.

I redeemed the code and got my e-mail BUT the links inside is broken so I'm not sure if it's a mp3 files or what.

Does your game contain the Landslide mission? It'd be in the Sapienza destination.

Greddleok

I bought the game recently, the whole thing, and when I try to download individual episodes, PSN crashes.

Has anyone else experienced this? No idea what to do, spent money for the whole thing but can only play paris. Kinda angry.

I have been purchasing it digitally on PS4 but it's so tempting to pick up the nice looking physical steelbook version (I'd probably get Xbox One just so I wasn't buying the exact same version again). I just wish it wasn't full price since the game has been so cheap digitally multiple times. I'll just wait for a sale.

Is now a good time to jump in for this game? I've never played a Hitman game before but this one looks pretty fun.
Oh heck yes. I've been a Hitman fan but only recently got into this and I'm just having an absolute blast. The stuff you get from the first season will last you quite a while and the game is just pure Hitman, through and through.

Do know that you have to be connected online in order to unlock stuff, so it's sort of an online only title.

Top Bottom