• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Expected it to not make this month and is barely going to do it... So hyped!

Anybody else say they wanted the sniper rifle case in that survey? I know it won't be in this... But I hope in one of the next ones.

Ozium

I wonder what they are up to with the different settings of the existing episodes, like the nighttime sapienza.
as fantastic as that level is, I sure hope that won't be it's own episode

Season 2.

enjoy all the locations from Season 1, but at a different time of day!

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
No, wait, I haven't finished up in Sapienza! You're killing me here, IO!
Awesome.

MMaRsu

Banned
marrakesh 5/31!

Fucking sweet!!!!!

Two%20kids%20dancing.gif

phoenixyz

Wow, I didn't even finish all opportunities in Sapienza yet.
By the way, are there more ways to destroy the virus than
the killswitch laptop and hiding a bomb in front of it
?

dedhead54

I hope I get better at this game as time goes on. Right now I feel like I am lacking. I still feel slightly overwhelmed in Paris, where I am just starting the escalations.

?

Yes,
shooting the stalactite above the virus container or just plain shooting it.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
?

Overheating the container. With a laptop/button aside from the virus.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't notice at first, but it seems we'll finally have a costume with gloves. About damn time.

I wonder if one of the opportunities is inciting a riot so you can sneak somewhere. That would be cool.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/hi...come-more-d/1100-6440142/?ftag=GSS-05-10aaa0b

The interview above (some good stuff in it, worth the read) seems to suggest you will be able to:

"Yes, there are ways to impact it, and there are, as always, moving parts that you can discover. I won't spoil it, but what I'll say is that, the banker and the general (the two main targets), their relationship is a lot closer than the news would put it, if you were living in that world. They would be unrelated but in truth, they're probably quite closely related, and playing the level and completing opportunities will reveal that to the player."

Bebpo

Banned
Was clearing up some of the Sapienza challenges and damn, there's so many crazy kills in this. The eye for an eye one was pretty awesome. I thought the only point of opening the observatory sky was to get Silvio look up at the sky so you can drop the diorama on him.

That being said, I hope some of the further escalations make use of the buildings in the plaza. That three story building where the rasta guy is and security cam device is, isn't really used at all. Plus it'd be nice if there was an escalation where you could get the "drop the church bell on a target" so you didn't have to do a custom contract to get it. Although the one escalation with the target in the cemetery, I've seen in run inside the church once, so maybe there's a way to get him to run through the room where the bell drops and drop it just in time but seems like that'd be a tight window on an escalation with no saving/loading which would suck.

Also there's all these little shops you can go into along the streets and that whole locked up section of stores on the 2nd floor you can get into. All which pretty much have no use so far. Maybe they can throw an escalation in there.

Really great map.

Jintor

No way they built that just to leave it empty. No way in hell.

I wonder if the next map is gonna be the same way. (Still haven't internalised the name yet)

Also there's all these little shops you can go into along the streets and that whole locked up section of stores on the 2nd floor you can get into. All which pretty much have no use so far. Maybe they can throw an escalation in there.

It's been mentioned somewhere that, in Italy, all those shops would be closed for siesta in the afternoon.

Meaning, they should reopen... in the evening.

Bebpo

Banned
No way they built that just to leave it empty. No way in hell.

Yeah, that's the other thing. Not only is it a huge building in the Plaza with a lot of fully decorated rooms, right now they can't even use it for escalations or custom contracts because for the most part it's all empty with no people in it!
It really does seem like each map should get a second alternative version with different npc setup and npc routines. Maybe we get 3 maps, then night versions of the 3, then we get the next 3 maps in the fall/winter and then the night versions of those?

Otoh, I'm not really sure what a night version of Paris would bring. Pretty much every area of the Paris map is used in either the main mission or an escalation.

4thman

Neo Member
I thought I read somewhere that there would be alternative settings to the levels. E.g., that there would be Paris during the day where its open to the public as a regular museum....not sure where I read that..

Jintor

i hope they significantly change them up, but hitman is so open to change just by putting npcs in different places and pathing them differently.

I thought I read somewhere that there would be alternative settings to the levels. E.g., that there would be Paris during the day where its open to the public as a regular museum....not sure where I read that..

Here, probably. I know I've made at least one post about it. Doesn't seem to have worked out that way yet, unfortunately.

I never found a way to do this without anyone noticing while it heats up.

There are two ways:

Use the sabotage distractions inside the same room, making sure to step away from each one immediately after using it to avoid being suspected.

Pull the fire alarm on the back of the virus containment room.

ZeroX03

Banned
Imagine Sapienza at night with the mansion opened to the public and the stores full of people. That'd totally change the atmosphere. I really want to see how they'll play with these maps.

Loving this game, just wish it didn't run like crap on my PC. 980 SLI. I can run The Division like butter @ 1080P but this game can't hold 60fps no matter what I do.

I blame the fact that it was designed around AMD architecture.

it seems fairly obvious the unused buildings in sapienza will be used for elusive targets.

speaking of, are we getting one tomorrow, or likely tuesday with the launch of marrakesh?

Top Bottom