• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Did an absolute perfect run and got screwed out of SA:

- Started in kitchen. Grabbed rat poison.
- Shot camera in courtyard.
- Went up to roof and disabled evidence just to be sure.
- Switched into house staff (no one can detect you) in basement, distracted waiter with coin and poisoned wine glass.
- Took out first bodyguard w/crowbar in library as everyone was leaving.
- Took out the second guard w/crowbar in the garage area.
- Target drank from glass. Garroted him in bathroom with door closed and no guards
- Walk out to car. Threw a coin to get guy in yellow shirt off the road. Exited mission.

And the fucking thing said I was spotted. Utter fucking bullshit.

SA is definitely bugged on this one as others have posted runs where they weren't spotted (fairly or unfairly) and still didn't get it.

Oh, well, still had fun but not getting SA for absolutely no reason is goddamn lame.

Almost thought I had an opportunity when I
overflowed the laundry room sink and he went to personally wipe it up for some reason
... Except both bodyguards followed him right in. Seriously, though, not a single person who's actually on the payroll cared.

Need to make up my mind on how I'm going to do this.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Almost thought I had an opportunity when I
overflowed the laundry room sink
and he went to personally investigate it... Except both bodyguards followed him right in.

Need to make up my mind on how I'm going to do this.

I'm having the same problem, they never seen to leave him alone. I used rat poison thinking I could get him but everyone just bundled in the toilet.

OMG almost had Silent Assassin but 47 ran someone over on the way out!!

Yes it says Body Found but if you Exit quickly enough it doesn't count. Karma, I suppose lol

Oh is that guy always there to get run over?? I've never had that happen before in any of my previous runs so I thought the game just glitched haha

Not always it's just part of his route -- he eventually wanders over to take pictures of accident -- so depending on timing he might be in middle of road when you exit via car. Which I think is hysterical but would be pissed if I lost out on an SA because of it.

I'm having the same problem, they never seen to leave him alone. I used rat poison thinking I could get him but everyone just bundled in the toilet.

You got to take out at least one of them (I took out both) I think as you should be able to subdue the one that stands behind him while the target is puking without him noticing and then kill the target (leaving both bodies in bathroom).

Moff

yeah it's easy to take them out
1) poison the glass
2) wait for them to walk through the garage, then distract, 1 guard will go look, the rest will walk along, subdue the guard, there is a box
3) wait for him to drink and go to the toilet, distract the second guard into that small hallway opposite the toilet with another box, you can probably just subdie him right behind the targe, though
4) the rest is obvious, kill the target, get away
it would be a very easy elusive but sadly I had a subdue kill and got spotted, although I still don't know why, I even took out the security recordings first

There is a spotted bug in there somewhere. Happened to me too. Shot first camera well before I was in range. Took time to delete evidence just to be safe. No one ever spotted me. No change in HUD. No audio / video cues. Never happened but in end on scoring screen it said I was spotted.

OMG almost had Silent Assassin but 47 ran someone over on the way out!!

Oh is that guy always there to get run over?? I've never had that happen before in any of my previous runs so I thought the game just glitched haha

Aaah, I think you've answered who the non-target kill was I got penalised for on a flawless escalation run. (kill yellow chef while wearing kitchen outfit). Yellow chef never saw me coming. Only person I touched. Flawless melee kill. -5000 non-target - WTF! didn't even notice anyone in the road. Will watch for this in future.

So just to be sure here

I can plan my attack on the Congressman, restart as many times but he just can't die until I give him his undoing?

I never considered doing that with the Forger...

MUnited83

For you.
So just to be sure here

I can plan my attack on the Congressman, restart as many times but he just can't die until I give him his undoing?

I never considered doing that with the Forger...
Basically, you can always restart, unless:

-the target dies
-Agent 47 dies
-target does a sucessful evacuation

Well that was easy... took about 15 minutes and the elusive target is dead.
Just followed the butler lady that yells at her brother outside through the gate door, knocked her out, stole her clothes, went inside and down to the wine cellar and there he was. Followed him, another butler and his two goons around for a few minutes until I slowly picked them off one by one with a coin distraction, finally punched the Congressman and then snapped his neck and hauled ass out of there to the car down the road.
I was kind of hoping for a bit more challenge, I kind of lucked into finding him so soon.

There is a spotted bug in there somewhere. Happened to me too. Shot first camera well before I was in range. Took time to delete evidence just to be safe. No one ever spotted me. No change in HUD. No audio / video cues. Never happened but in end on scoring screen it said I was spotted.

Bug appears to be tied to throwing coins instead of phantom cameras-- sometimes when you throw a coin the NPC's reaction counts as you being spotted, regardless of whether they actually see you throw it or give any indication that it was you, not to mention no change on HUD or any other indication that you have been "spotted". And when has being caught throwing a coin ever counted as spotted? Has this always been a thing?

Anyways, the bugs have really soured me on ET's. You only get one chance to get an SA. At least with subdue bug you know about it and can restart but with the coin bug you have zero clue. You think you've done everything right but in the end "surprise! we randomly decided you were spotted!" It literally comes down to a coin toss now... oye!

Bug appears to be tied to throwing coins instead of phantom cameras-- sometimes when you throw a coin the NPC's reaction counts as you being spotted, regardless of whether they actually see you throw it or give any indication that it was you, not to mention no change on HUD or any other indication that you have been "spotted". And when has being caught throwing a coin ever counted as spotted? Has this always been a thing?

Thanks for sharing your experience. If it's the coins then that would explain why I rarely had this bug appear.

I'm finally going to do my proper Congressman run tonight. I was considering using coins or the noisemakers to clear the way for a push over the balcony, but now I'm concerned about the consequences...

Although I might have one more option. Will need to do some testing.

MUnited83

For you.
Well that was easy... took about 15 minutes and the elusive target is dead.
Just followed the butler lady that yells at her brother outside through the gate door, knocked her out, stole her clothes, went inside and down to the wine cellar and there he was. Followed him, another butler and his two goons around for a few minutes until I slowly picked them off one by one with a coin distraction, finally punched the Congressman and then snapped his neck and hauled ass out of there to the car down the road.
I was kind of hoping for a bit more challenge, I kind of lucked into finding him so soon.

wait what

how did you steal her clothes? Till now you couldn't steal women's clothes, did they fix this in the last patch?

Thanks for sharing your experience. If it's the coins then that would explain why I rarely had this bug appear.

I'm finally going to do my proper Congressman run tonight. I was considering using coins or the noisemakers to clear the way for a push over the balcony, but now I'm concerned about the consequences...

Although I might have one more option. Will need to do some testing.

I hope you have a nice clean run! good luck!

wait what

how did you steal her clothes? Till now you couldn't steal women's clothes, did they fix this in the last patch?

My bad, I was mistaken it with one of my escalation runs.
I took her brothers clothes from his room up stairs then followed her through the door and found some housekeeper clothes with the dirty laundry and then took the butler out who was with the two guards and the congressman.

EDIT: I wish there was a way of replaying the elusive target missions after you had beaten them, it's kind of against the point but I'd like to be able to experiment a bit more.

MUnited83

For you.
My bad, I was mistaken it with one of my escalation runs.
I took her brothers clothes from his room up stairs then followed her through the door and found some housekeeper clothes with the dirty laundry and then took the butler out who was with the two guards and the congressman.

EDIT: I wish there was a way of replaying the elusive target missions after you had beaten them, it's kind of against the point but I'd like to be able to experiment a bit more.

Well, you can make a new steam account and family share with it at least.

I hope you have a nice clean run! good luck!

Thanks!

I got silent assassin in 2:22 and ended up relying completely on coins after all. Everything went as planned.

While he was on the balcony I threw two coins to distract the bodyguards and the housekeeper, and then pushed him over while everyone was looking away.

It looks like there is an element of randomness: he will cycle between
the sitting room, the library, and the wine cellar
in random order.

And while I was doing that I found even more stuff I don't know how to use. I don't know how to shoot down this style of chandeliers, and I have no idea who will drink from the poisoned coffee maker.

There's a coffee maker in the kitchenette just off the sitting room. There's even rat poison right next to it.

...Someone else has found this, right?

Thanks!

I got silent assassin in 2:22 and ended up relying completely on coins after all. Everything went as planned.

While he was on the balcony I threw two coins to distract the bodyguards and the housekeeper, and then pushed him over while everyone was looking away.

It looks like there is an element of randomness: he will cycle between
the sitting room, the library, and the wine cellar
in random order.

And while I was doing that I found even more stuff I don't know how to use. I don't know how to shoot down this style of chandeliers, and I have no idea who will drink from the poisoned coffee maker.

Great job! Yeah, it's totally random which of the 3 locations he goes to first... well, as far as I have been able to tell at least. I tried to find triggers but each time I thought I had it figured out he did something different. So pretty sure it's random.

On my 2nd account, I was able to avenge the spotted bug with a SO / SA. Like you, I went for the "View to Die For" =) using dropped guns for the guards and a coin (risked it) on the smoking chick.

Great job! Yeah, it's totally random which of the 3 locations he goes to first... well, as far as I have been able to tell at least. I tried to find triggers but each time I thought I had it figured out he did something different. So pretty sure it's random.

On my 2nd account, I was able to avenge the spotted bug with a SO / SA. Like you, I went for the "View to Die For" =) using dropped guns for the guards and a coin (risked it) on the smoking chick.

One coin for the guy on the left, one coin for the guy on the right and the housekeeper. You can throw just far enough.

Yeah I found it too, that's the room I stuff the two guards in, the coffee maker is on the far end of the counter next to the door.

I just checked: the coffee maker is not there during the story mission.

I did poison it during the elusive mission, but no one came after waiting a while... Is there anybody left who can try this out for real?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Oh god what the fuck why do
his guards follow him into the bathroom when he's vomiting?

I was lying in wait and I nearly had a heart attack

Oh god what the fuck why do
his guards follow him into the bathroom when he's vomiting?

I was lying in wait and I nearly had a heart attack

Lol. Glad you are okay. I was ready for it this time after what happened on first ET. I think it's safe to say poisoning targets is never going to be as simply as it initially was. Watch out for this in Episode 3 as well. They might do something really sneaky like send a random NPC on a delay into bathroom to catch you getting rid of the body.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Lol. Glad you are okay. I was ready for it this time after what happened on first ET. I think it's safe to say poisoning targets is never going to be as simply as it initially was. Watch out for this in Episode 3 as well. They might do something really sneaky like send a random NPC on a delay into bathroom to catch you getting rid of the body.

Yeah thank god I still managed to
take em both out and snap his neck and make my escape
but when
I saw them following him in I just had this huge "oh FUCK" reaction

Reading this page it sounds like absolutely everyone
went for the poisoned wine?
Anyone got any other ideas?

Jintor

After playing with resets after not realising they existed in the first ET I kinda think they should disallow them... but maybe that's too cruel cos the game's still just janky enough that unavoidable shit can occasionally occur. Maybe there's a better balance?

Bebpo

Banned
Forgot you could cheat an ET by restarting, otherwise yeah I'd go for the semi-poison wine, follow to bathroom, hidden kill.

I mean I followed him into the wine celler but how was I supposed to know he was going to drink a specific glass until he's about to do it and then at that point you can't really stand in front of him and pour something in without getting caught. I feel like this applies to all targets in the game. Because you can poison every glass/piece of food in the map, until you do a run seeing what people eat or drink, you don't know what to poison.

Anyhow, I guess I'm a little annoyed cause I failed the ET. ETs are fun and exciting until you fail one and then it's annoying :p I got him separated from his bodyguards for a second by a railing so I ran over to try to push him over thinking no one would see it and it'd be a silent kill, but the bodyguards somehow saw it and they all shot me to death instantly when I did it. Kind of annoying because the whole time I was walking right behind his group with the explosive golf ball for when all else fails group exploded them all to at least clear the ET even if it's not silent. :(

Jintor

they cycle locations so they'll come back and drink the wine later if you can be bothered waiting

can you seriously kill that guy with your car as you're escaping? fucking bullshit

Poisoned coffee maker like half hour ago and nothing yet. It's likely a remnant of original idea (poison his coffee cup) that was axed in favor of having him go down to the basement for a glass of wine. But they forgot to remove the machine.

I mean I followed him into the wine celler but how was I supposed to know he was going to drink a specific glass until he's about to do it and then at that point you can't really stand in front of him and pour something in without getting caught. I feel like this applies to all targets in the game. Because you can poison every glass/piece of food in the map, until you do a run seeing what people eat or drink, you don't know what to poison.

It definitely wasn't there during the story mission, plus there's a guy in the wine cellar who's been reprogrammed to just look at that wine glass the whole time instead of walking his normal route. Those were my clues.

Sorry to hear about the failed attempt. Even while I was doing it I was constantly fearing that someone would turn around at the wrong time.

Poisoned coffee maker like half hour ago and nothing yet. It's likely a remnant of original idea (poison his coffee cup) that was axed in favor of having him go down to the basement for a glass of wine. But they forgot to remove the machine.

That's a shame. He definitely sits down at a coffee table with a coffee pot and mug while he's in the library - but those are in the normal mission as well.

Bebpo

Banned
It definitely wasn't there during the story mission, plus there's a guy in the wine cellar who's been reprogrammed to just look at that wine glass the whole time instead of walking his normal route. Those were my clues.

Sorry to hear about the failed attempt. Even while I was doing it I was constantly fearing that someone would turn around at the wrong time.

Yeah, I still don't know the level well enough to notice stuff like that. Sapienza is so huge, can wait for them to make more use of it. I still haven't tried to do anything with the street performers yet or get a cyclist outfit. I think those are the last two outfits I'm missing.

Oh and there's this one conversation I always walk by at the starting cafe area where they talk about finding a hazmat suit in the hedges. I need to find that and figure out if it makes getting around any quicker.

PreFire

Took out the elusive target with a headshot from behind in
the basement
. Got spotted by one of his guards but switched outfits before I left

Wish we could retry these

2/2 on Elusive Silent Assassins, whew.
Took my time scouting this one so no great score because of time but I don't care about that.

I chose to:
Start as a body guard near DiSantis having a phone convo. I immediately run down the stairs behind you, through the mansion and downstairs into the laundry room grabbing a fire extinguisher along the way. I wait for what seems like an eternity till they come down to the wine cellar. Open door, back off out of sight on the steps near the washing machine, throw a coin, lure a guard in, wait for door to close, throw an extinguisher at him, hide body in the bin right there. Repeat. Got a little nervous with the 2nd one because the Congressman came in instead of the guard. I figured the 2nd guard would follow him in and after a pause, he sure did. So Congressman checked out the coin, he walked out as the guard walked in, I'm hiding off in the stairwell, I throw another coin, guard looks, fire extinguisher to his head, hide body bla bla bla. Repeat all that one more time for the Congressman to come in, I wait for the door to shut, I Silverball his dome, drag him up the steps to another box, hide body and I'm OUT via the climbable wall near the ICA house and into the VW bug I go off into the tunnel.

Of course as usual my shit glitches and they dont give me the challenges and I'm nervous. Like always, I have to complete some other shit to get it to pop. I did a contract and finished it and both challenges for the Elusive popped. Whew.

Reading this page it sounds like absolutely everyone
went for the poisoned wine?
Anyone got any other ideas?

As per the end of my silly long ranty post above, I didn't think of using coins to get rid of the bodyguards. Attempts to poison the wine or remote detonate fell flat (shoud've used the rubber duck - what was I thinking?). In the end I went for the amazingly simple...

stand outside the library window and shoot him in the back with a silenced pistol as they all walked away.

phoenixyz

I silent assassined the elusive target by
taking out the two guards in the cellar (seperating them by using the coins) and then killing him the next time he went down to the cellar. It wasn't really part of my plan that I couldn't fit him in the box where both of his bodyguards are in, so I had to drag him around the fucking garage. My heart was racing as I expected that someone will see me for sure.

Top Bottom