• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

must they? because they always listed elusives as an advantage for people who buy the game episodically.

Well, I'd argue they still are. The 48 hour window is the selling point. People get excited about upcoming ET's. When will they be? Then where will they be on map? Then sharing stories of their success / failures, etc. And then they are gone. That won't change for each new ET as they are released. You still have to wait 3 months or whatever until a chance to replay.

And on flipside when old ones are unlocked / made replayable now you have basically new content (as only had 48 hour window first go) to have fun replaying / experimenting / getting missed SA's with. I think a format like this (a mix of old w/new) would be a win/win and majority of players would welcome it.

Parsnip

Yeah that subdue bug was bugging me a lot, nice that it's gone.

Also, have they done those "360 Degree" videos for new locations before?

Did you google the error code? It's very common PS4 error that usually has nothing to do with the game. First few google hits give you solutions which you may have already tried but if not try steps on this page:

http://ps4daily.com/2014/09/ps4-error-ce-34878-0-fix/

When I have had this problem in past deleting the game then re-downloading / re-installing (bit of a pain, but is what it is) solves the problem. Good luck!

I've done that a few times already (deleting/redownloading the game) with no luck. I have over 50 PS4 games and none have this problem. I am not factory resetting my PS4.

On the Hitman tech support forums people are having the same problem on PC.

I'm going to try rebuilding my database.

I haven't deleted my saves because I don't want to redo the tutorial again. Does anyone know if that stuff is skippable on a clean start?

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
It's so strange, some people can play the game without any glitches, and others can't even play it.

I'm glad I've been lucky in that aspect.

Anyway, can't wait to play the new level tomorrow. EDIT: Also, I don't think it's skippable :(

Hoping the game will finally start tracking Sarajevo Six completion (at least, it's there in the UI for me, but nothing ever adds the checkmark)

Love it otherwise.

I've done that a few times already (deleting/redownloading the game) with no luck. I have over 50 PS4 games and none have this problem. I am not factory resetting my PS4.

On the Hitman tech support forums people are having the same problem on PC.

I'm going to try rebuilding my database.

I haven't deleted my saves because I don't want to redo the tutorial again. Does anyone know if that stuff is skippable on a clean start?

From my 2nd account on PS4 (to replay ET's) on a clean start you just need to walk into the ICA complex and then skip the cut scenes. It will start you out in training but just exit that to main menu. Then you can play Paris, Sapienza or Marrakesh when you get it. You don't have to earlier levels to unlock future levels BUT it will give you a "are you sure?" warning when you click on a later level if earlier levels haven't been completed.

Sorry the game is giving you so much trouble. I hope rebuilding the database works!

From my 2nd account on PS4 (to replay ET's) on a clean start you just need to walk into the ICA complex and then skip the cut scenes. It will start you out in training but just exit that to main menu. Then you can play Paris, Sapienza or Marrakesh when you get it. You don't have to earlier levels to unlock future levels BUT it will give you a "are you sure?" warning when you click on a later level if earlier levels haven't been completed.

Sorry the game is giving you so much trouble. I hope rebuilding the database works!

It didn't. All I got for my trouble was PS VUE and NOW and stuff being bumped to the top of my app tray.

I guess I will try deleting all my saves, if it's that quick to try normal levels again. I really want to play this game :(

Edit - apparently it is redownloading a patch for every game. Fuck

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Hoping the game will finally start tracking Sarajevo Six completion (at least, it's there in the UI for me, but nothing ever adds the checkmark)

Love it otherwise.

Is that Sarajevo Six stuff good? I don't get it because I'm playing on xbox but you never see anyone talk about it.

Sarajevo Six are exactly like the ET's but not as good because no 48 hour window / hype / community aspect to them. The 2 I've played so far have been so-so. Nice to have them but you aren't really missing out anything. Hopefully they will be released to everyone else eventually.

Foffy

Banned
Is that Sarajevo Six stuff good? I don't get it because I'm playing on xbox but you never see anyone talk about it.

Think like ETs, but they do have challenges regarding how they're killed.

Each target only had one. Kill the guy in Paris on the stage, kill the guy in Sapienza in the biolab, etc.

I deleted all my saves, from console and cloud, but when I launch the game it still comes up with my tutorial progress. Is this saved server side? Is there any way to wipe it completely in case one of them is corrupted and causing the problem?

Edit - I tried logging in with another username that had a completely fresh game and I still can't play anything but the tutorial. I guess it is time to give up.

I deleted all my saves, from console and cloud, but when I launch the game it still comes up with my tutorial progress. Is this saved server side? Is there any way to wipe it completely in case one of them is corrupted and causing the problem?

Edit - I tried logging in with another username that had a completely fresh game and I still can't play anything but the tutorial. I guess it is time to give up.

Your account progress is saved server side for each user / login on PS4, so you shouldn't lose any progress by deleting and reinstalling the game.

For the new account / username -- just exit out of the tutorial mission (exit to menu). Then click on Paris or Sapienza locations. You will get a warning about playing them before playing tutorial / earlier missions. They are definitely playable, even if at a glance they don't appear it. Confirmed this just a few days ago on 2nd account for an ET.

If for some reason they are not I agree time to give up as your copy seems cursed :(

Your account progress is saved server side for each user / login on PS4, so you shouldn't lose any progress by deleting and reinstalling the game.

For the new account / username -- just exit out of the tutorial mission (exit to menu). Then click on Paris or Sapienza locations. You will get a warning about playing them before playing tutorial / earlier missions. They are definitely playable, even if at a glance they don't appear it. Confirmed this just a few days ago on 2nd account for an ET.

If for some reason they are not I agree time to give up as your copy seems cursed :(

I was able to select the mission as you said, but the game still crashed.

Thanks for following up though. I'm bummed out

Demoskinos

dammit the new level comes out and I'm not sure I feel like throwing $15 at it cause the only thing I've been playing is Overwatch. =(

I hope theyre able to implement gameplay/customization adjustments to allow us to rampage like in Blood Money. Sometimes I just want to kill everyone with my assault rifle without dying in 3 hits.

Hulohot

Neo Member
Does anyone else have trouble aiming in this? Firefights are so difficult because the aiming is so sensitive

Seems way to sensitive and I can't see any options for this in the menu. Am I blind?

MUnited83

For you.
Does anyone else have trouble aiming in this? Firefights are so difficult because the aiming is so sensitive

Seems way to sensitive and I can't see any options for this in the menu. Am I blind?

other way around I think. The deadzone for analogue controls is absolutely terrible.

Jb

other way around I think. The deadzone for analogue controls is absolutely terrible.

I noticed this as well. Just headshotting your target is way harder than it should be on consoles. The shooting in general is really unsatisfying in this one (I don't remember it being this bad in Absolution).

MUnited83

For you.
I noticed this as well. Just headshotting your target is way harder than it should be on consoles. The shooting in general is really unsatisfying in this one (I don't remember it being this bad in Absolution).

Yeah, it's really bad, and present in PC version as well if a controller is used. I quite prefer the controller over m/kb in this game, but the deadzone issue make sniping effectively basically impossible that way.

Top Bottom