• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Oh. They shouldn't let you reload when you're in the process of being detected or noticed.

In retrospect, with 50% of people even completing the mission and less than 10% getting silent assassin, it's not like it's making things massively easy for everyone.

I was skeptical, but now I think it's the right concession to make for completionists. People who actually have a chance to get silent assassin won't feel bad if something goes horribly wrong, but people who don't normally get silent assassin aren't suddenly going to get it because of this.

And I would still guess that probably 90% of everything that goes wrong happens after people kill the target.

Managed to get Silent Assassin this time (accidentally did a pistol execution instead of a subdue on the first elusive, grr) and suit only to boot. Only the second time I'd played on Sapienza so I got a little bit lost in the cellars a few times, but made it out OK in the end. I didn't need any restarts, but for that first elusive target I really wish I'd known that I could've just restarted after accidentally killing that bodyguard :(

Jintor

In retrospect, with 50% of people even completing the mission and less than 10% getting silent assassin, it's not like it's making things massively easy for everyone.

I was skeptical, but now I think it's the right concession to make for completionists. People who actually have a chance to get silent assassin won't feel bad if something goes horribly wrong, but people who don't normally get silent assassin aren't suddenly going to get it because of this.

And I would still guess that probably 90% of everything that goes wrong happens after people kill the target.

I suppose that's true. I did ruin the elusive target for myself by reloading everytime something went vaguely wrong. But one time I did it because of the fucking subdue bug and some fucker saw me through a wall somehow, so I guess I can't complain too much

No idea how I didn't get silent assassin this time. Wasn't detected, didn't take down anyone but the target, and nobody found his body. Heck, I even did it with just the suit. Dammit :(

Parsnip

I'm a bit out of the loop with this, have they said how often they are going to do these elusive targets? I was a bit surprised about the second one being so soon after the first one.

No idea how I didn't get silent assassin this time. Wasn't detected, didn't take down anyone but the target, and nobody found his body. Heck, I even did it with just the suit. Dammit :(

There are several bugs. Did you get 20k in all categories? If so, try re-playing the main mission for Sapienza (or an escalation might work) and it you might still unlock SA. Outside of that could be spotted bug, or subdue bug, or you might have run over yellow shirt guy in road.

Sucks but you are not alone. Part of me thinks the 10% stats on SA being completed on the ET is in large part due to bugs screwing people out of it.

Oh, what the hell. Last time the target lasted until 6PM here. Now they remove it in the middle of the day? They really got to do some actual schedule here, now I missed it...

Arttemis

Is the game still enforcing an online connection to access weapon unlocks, and does it kick you out of the game after a disconnect?

Metal-Geo

Oh, what the hell. Last time the target lasted until 6PM here. Now they remove it in the middle of the day? They really got to do some actual schedule here, now I missed it...

They started this elusive target earlier. The Forger started at 19:00 CEST. This time it started at 14:00 CEST. 5 hours earlier.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Cool cool.
I think I need to get my ass in gear and actually play the game a bit more. Went into the congressman without actually playing Sapienza at all before, so that didn't go all that well.

Yep. That's something I took in account before doing the Elusive target. I did several challenges and Escalations before I even considered doing it, because I was sure I was going to get my ass handed to me otherwise.

Foffy

Banned
Cool cool.
I think I need to get my ass in gear and actually play the game a bit more. Went into the congressman without actually playing Sapienza at all before, so that didn't go all that well.

Wow, you're crazy. :p

I think these are less tense if you've done most of the challenges in the game, as you know the core level. It becomes a game of planning the hit in the level, not so much figuring out the clockwork of the level itself.

There are several bugs. Did you get 20k in all categories? If so, try re-playing the main mission for Sapienza (or an escalation might work) and it you might still unlock SA. Outside of that could be spotted bug, or subdue bug, or you might have run over yellow shirt guy in road.

Sucks but you are not alone. Part of me thinks the 10% stats on SA being completed on the ET is in large part due to bugs screwing people out of it.

20k all round. C'est la vie, I wouldn't be surprised if we get another go at these targets again somewhere in the future.

madjoki

20k all round. C'est la vie, I wouldn't be surprised if we get another go at these targets again somewhere in the future.

Yeah, I think eventually targets will start to repeat, eg. maybe after physical release. I doubt they will be creating all new targets for those who buy it then.

I think they will keep creating elusive targets after final release if they stick with the online / episodic format, and after every 10 or so of them permanently add those to levels as replayable contracts like the Sarajevo 6.

2 more days..

giphy.gif

Is the game still enforcing an online connection to access weapon unlocks,
Yes. If you can't connect, you won't be able to access gear, weapons, outfits, smuggling and starting locations which require unlocking (i.e. like 90% of them). It has been made clear that they're never going to fix that. They haven't even acknowledged it as a problem. It's working as intended as far as they're concerned.

They were basically trusting the servers would hold up and no one would ever notice. Which is presumably also why they felt confident in lying about how the full game would be accessible offline, and deliberately avoided mentioning that it wouldn't be. I imagine that bullshitting was about avoiding the bad pre-release PR that could very possibly have stemmed from people knowing single player progression was going to be an online only feature.
and does it kick you out of the game after a disconnect?
But on the plus side, Io improved the UI so you can try to immediately reconnect, instead of getting booted offline and to the main menu. So no, not necessarily, it will depend.

Square Enix sent me an email letting me know that the second Elusive Target was now live! I thought that was pretty awesome.

Unfortunately they sent it 6 hours after the Elusive Target had finished, lol

MaKTaiL

I think they will keep creating elusive targets after final release if they stick with the online / episodic format, and after every 10 or so of them permanently add those to levels as replayable contracts like the Sarajevo 6.
They have to create more, or at least bring the old ones back. There are people who will only buy the game when it's finished on disc in January 2017 so they must have access to new Elusives.

They have to create more, or at least bring the old ones back. There are people who will only buy the game when it's finished on disc in January 2017 so they must have access to new Elusives.
I think they'll have a rotation of elusives at some point after retail release.

How big is the Marrakesh file size? Also, no patch?

Moff

must they? because they always listed elusives as an advantage for people who buy the game episodically.

Meneses

I see it but can't buy it from the store, says not available for purchase.

And I still don't have anything in-game related to Marrakesh.

skynidas

Banned
maybe they pulled it just now?

edit: mine finished downloading but nothing appears in game, probably have to wait for a patch for the shit to activate.

I can't play any of the actual missions, just the tutorial, due to error ce-34878-0. Is there anything I can do about this? It crashes out on the load screen no matter what mission I select

skynidas

Banned
Episode Three Release Notes

Video: A 360 Degree Visit to Marrakesh

Episode Three releases for all platforms on May 31st and adds an entirely new destination to HITMAN; Marrakesh, Morocco. From the busy souks and shisha cafes, to the angry mobs calling for justice outside the Swedish consulate, Marrakesh promises HITMAN players the lure of voyeurism and the thrill of infiltration.

Episode Three Release Timings

At 10am CEST on May 31st, the HITMAN servers will be taken down for maintenance in preparation for Episode Three. The downtime is scheduled to end at 13:00 CEST and from that point, all PS4 and Xbox One players will be able to download a new game update and play the Marrakesh location. PC players will be able to download and play Episode Three at approximately 18:00 CEST on May 31st.

Episode Three: Marrakesh Release Notes

New Destination: Marrakesh

New Story mission: A Gilded Cage

8 new Opportunities for ‘A Gilded Cage’

20 levels of Marrakesh Mastery, with the following unlocks:
7 new Marrakesh Starting Locations
8 new Marrakesh Agency Pickup locations
6 new weapon/gear unlocks

New suit for Marrakesh: Summer Suit

71 new Marrakesh-specific challenges

7 new trophies/achievements

New ‘The Sarajevo Six’ Contract. Target 3: The Extractor (PS4 Exclusive)

Live Content for Marrakesh will include: New Escalation Contracts, Elusive Targets and New Featured Contracts (Contracts Mode)

New Gameplay Options

Weapon Balancing

Firearms Re-balanced headshot damage for all pistols. Pistols should now be more lethal at longer ranges, when performing headshots. Minor re-balancing and bug fixing of several firearms, including damage models and recoil patterns.

Shotguns Re-balanced Enram HV shotguns. Fire rates, ammo carrying capacity and recoil patterns have been adjusted. The Enram HV rewarded in Sapienza Location Mastery now comes with extra ammunition. Fixed an issue regarding gunshot audio synchronization.

NPC and Target Information

Instinct Mode now displays the name of NPC’s. In Contracts Mode, kill conditions (weapon / disguise) are shown. This option can be turned off in the Gameplay Options.

Inventory Wheel Perks

The perks associated with each weapon are now displayed on the in-game inventory wheel, allowing players a better overview of the weapon they are choosing to equip.

Mini Map NPC Indicators

Added an option to allow players to turn off the NPC indicators on the Mini Map. Targets are still shown. This option is set to “on” by default and can be toggled in the Gameplay Options.

Game Menu Improvements

Improved Leaderboards The Top 100 scores are now loaded immediately in a scrollable list and each leaderboard entry shows the detailed score associated with it, meaning all players can see the score awarded to all leaderboard entries. A player’s own leaderboard position is always shown on the leaderboard screen, allowing them to easily see how they rank against other players.

Featured Contracts Tile Update The Featured Contracts tile now displays the location of the mission and the most recent Featured Contracts are shown as the first in the list.

Save Games Manual and Auto saves are now shown on a single menu screen. Previously, players would need to tab between two separate screens.

Challenge Saturation When viewing challenges in the menu, those that have not been completed are now displayed in greyscale to clearly show the completed and not-completed challenges at a glance.

Game and server version display The game and server version are now displayed in the ‘Options’ Menu.

Fixed Issues

Fixed an issue where subduing NPC’s could result in a non-target kill. This was mostly occurring in small/tight spaces.

Fixed an issue where the use of savegames could result in incorrect calculation of the time bonus.

Fixed an issue where the “Escalating the Situation” challenge would not unlock after completing the requirements. Players may be required to complete one more Escalation Contract for this to unlock.

Changed the unlock requirements of the ‘Master of Disguise’ challenge, specifically removing the requirement to equip the location-specific Italian Suit.

Fixed an issue where the “Rock On” challenge in 'The Enforcer' Sarajevo Six mission would not unlock, despite completing the requirements. (PS4 only)

Fixed an issue that would allow items in Agency Pickups to be duplicated.

Fixed an issue where the non-target penalty would not be applied in some Escalation Contracts where the “No Pacifications” complication was enabled.

Fixed an issue where the ‘Body Found’ score penalty would not be applied if the body is found at the same time as the player enters the ‘combat’ state.

Fixed a rare issue that would cause a framerate drop in Paris when equipping a weapon inside the palace.

Fixed an issue where the information about being recorded by a security camera would not be shown in languages other than English.

Fixed an issue where the ‘Over Here…’ challenge in the ICA Facility would not unlock if a guard finds a coin on his way to the generator.

Fixed an infinite loading bug that was occurring when players would sign out of the game during a mission and then sign back in with the same account.

PC-specific Improvements

The Game Launcher now displays resolutions higher than 2560x1440. These options were previously available but only via the in-game graphics settings.

Fixed an issue where the FPS may lock to 60 after alt+tab

Performance and framerate improvements, particularly for DX12.

Fixed various crash issues when loading and restarting missions.

https://hitman.com/en-us/news/episode-three-release-notes#

Top Bottom