• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Will the moroccan people still only talk english tho?
Wasn't there an option for native Italian miscellaneous dialogue in the Sapienza episode? Could've sworn there was something like that in the options or one of the patch notes
edit: ah yeah it was this... So I guess that is as good as we can hope to get
Native Ambient Audio
Added an audio layer for Sapienza that will play native ambient dialogue in crowded areas.

The GameSpot interview makes the funny point that IO is only giving non-generic accents to important characters, in order to draw attention to them.

"That guy actually talks like he's French, so he must be the target"

thenexus6

The English speaking doesn't bother me as much as the obviously reused voice actors between levels.

Everyone sounds like the dubbed

86282.jpg

MUnited83

For you.
Completed in about 2 minutes, 5 stars, 3 place in leaderboards....

Fucking thing still didn't unlock the Silent Assassin challenge for the target despite me meeting all the requirements... *sigh*

After the blunder that was the Forger assassination I decided to go the much easier route and sniped the Congressman right in the ass. Worked liked a charm.

Ludens

Banned

Fucking thing still didn't unlock the Silent Assassin challenge for the target despite me meeting all the requirements... *sigh*

Maybe you have the same bug I have, camera records you but the game doesn't give you a notification about it. Did you check if you had a 0 in the camera stat during the stats screen?
Anyway fast way to do this? I got disconnected in the first elusive, don't wanna miss this one too.

Moff

sooo, this is my first elusive
how does this work? apparently you can replan and restart the mission? but not quit and then later retry it?

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
sooo, this is my first elusive
how does this work? apparently you can replan and restart the mission? but not quit and then later retry it?

If you die or the target dies it's over. You can quit and retry later if you just want to do a bit of detective work

MUnited83

For you.
Maybe you have the same bug I have, camera records you but the game doesn't give you a notification about it. Did you check if you had a 0 in the camera stat during the stats screen?
Anyway fast way to do this? I got disconnected in the first elusive, don't wanna miss this one too.

Nah, I made sure i was not even remotely close to any cameras (since i fucked up my last elusive because of that) I got perfect score, everything needed for SA...but no dice...

Regarding the kill, I did my thing. I drop a pale duck in front of the target, let him pick it up, see when he's far enough from the guards, run to the exit, blow him up, exit immediately. I call it the "Scrooge McDuck challenge" :p. Did the same with Paris elusive target.

Metal-Geo

Silent Assassin, Suit Only. Feels good, mon.

First try I took the time and learn the Congressman's pattern/route. But also to listen to his dialogues. (Something I regret not doing with the Forger.)

Second try I went in for the kill. Reused a trick I did with the Forger to get rid of the bodyguards.

The fact that neither the Congressman nor his bodyguards are alerted by your presence made it very easy - much like the Forger.
Still though, my heart went berserk.

Ludens

Banned
Anyway it's really crappy having a game focusing so much on CHALLENGES and score and having at the same time a bug which totally ruins your score.
Come on, IO, really?
How much time they need to fix this garbage, is going from Sapienza's release now.

ZeroX03

Banned
Beat the elusive target with no issues:
Started as a gardener.
Ran around to the mansion entrance (avoiding the camera) and found the target.
Waited for his assistant to lead him down toward the wine cellar.
Ran ahead of them into the cellar.
Threw a coin to distract the server, lethal poisoned the drink.
Waited a few minutes, he died.
Escaped using the car outside the mansion.

Got 20k points for everything - a body was found but I still got that bonus, thanks glitch - mostly missed a good score because it took 5+ minutes. The target's scripting seems to require you to be really close for him to continue along his set path otherwise he'd do something different or just do nothing. Maybe there's a random element, I'm not sure. Seems like I wasted an extra few minutes because I was too far away to trigger the final step.

dreamfall

That feeling when you kill the elusive target and your system crashes shortly after as you're escaping.

God damn.

I think I'm going to miss these rewards :/

Jintor

Got 'im.

But the fucking 'random subdue kills a dude' bug got me halfway through and apparently that persists across reloads. (Yeah I know a month ago I was saying reloads weren't in the spirit of elusive targets, but I wanted to quickly reset the dude's pattern and it was the fastest way... yeah, I'm weak).

I don't understand why that bug is still in the game

It's absolutely ridiculous the bug is still in the game. They shouldn't be waiting for EP3 to patch it and if they don't patch it by then as much as I love this game I will not purchase further episodes until it has been confirmed squashed.

On the other hand, everyone by now should be aware of the bug, and if not killing non-targets is important to you there are plenty of blunt object to knock people out with. You simply cannot risk choking anybody out.

And if it does happen you should be able to restart the challenge to give it another try. I haven't heard anything about the non-target killed subdue bug persisting across a restart. But just in case it does keep a blunt object equipped at all times.

This game. Grrrrrrrrrr.

I don't believe you can get the silent assassin challenge if you use explosives. "SILENT" assassin.

Jintor

And if it does happen you should be able to restart the challenge to give it another try. I haven't heard anything about the non-target killed subdue bug persisting across a restart. But just in case it does keep a blunt object equipped at all times.

I'm pretty sure I only poisoned my target, but I left before he actually drank the cup, so I guess someone else could've died... but I'm pretty sure nobody did!

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I don't believe you can get the silent assassin challenge if you use explosives. "SILENT" assassin.

yeah that's really throwing me because it looks like if you exit quick enough you don't get any of the penalties that normally come with that sort of kill. Feels too much like a glitch.

yeah that's really throwing me because it looks like if you exit quick enough you don't get any of the penalties that normally come with that sort of kill. Feels too much like a glitch.

Yep. Not my play style. I'm going to try and attempt this suit only tonight. Fuck, its going to be tense.

Moff

hmm, got only a 3 star rating
apparently I killed a non target, probably one of the two subdued guards and I got spotted once, I wouldn't know where, cameras are the first thing I took out, started at the bodyguard location

weird

Every silent assassin world record right now is basically using remote explosives, right?

On the one hand I wish it wasn't so predictable, but on the other hand I can't imagine there being anything faster.

They changed one of the existing NPCs in the wine cellar to be looking at the
wine glass
at all times!

And so I could not get past him to get the housekeeper disguise. I do appreciate these little touches.

Okay, I'm starting to warm up to this game now.

Turned off most of the help/HUD features in the menu, and...played it on the PS Vita via PS4 Remote Play.

Suddenly it's a much better game - go figure.

Now we have three levels (including the tutorial) and a fourth dropping Tuesday the fun of dipping in and jumping back and forth between arenas is settling in. As we get more levels the escalation missions, contracts, and exclusive targets make more sense and I hope they continue to drop more of these for older levels as the game goes on and not just concentrate on the newest level(s).

I still think the episodic release schedule is dumb and a way of duping gamers in to paying for an unfinished game. I still think the main story missions are severely lacking in content. They should have held off until the story missions were complete and released it as a whole, as originally planned, then done the monthly escalations and exclusive targets. But that's just my personal opinion/beef.

The actual game itself is brilliant.

Anyway, enough procrastination...the exclusive target...the congressman.

I completed it, no problems - thank god after failing out of the previous one.

Thought I'd get him with a remote detonation but I couldn't get the positioning and timing right.

So then I found a poisoning opportunity, but couldn't get the timing/disguise right.

So,
I opted for standing out side the library window and shooting him in the back with a silencer as he walked out the room with his guards. I then put the gun away, strolled out the main gates and got in the car. One shot kill. Job done.

Now really looking forward to the new level on Tuesday.

They changed one of the existing NPCs in the wine cellar to be looking at the
wine glass
at all times!

And so I could not get past him to get the housekeeper disguise. I do appreciate these little touches.

There's an easier route into the room behind the wine cellar with the housekeeper disguise. Hint - I started in the kitchens...

Shit, I'm sitting here at work coming up with plans to get into that area suit only for the challenge. You don't have to do suit only though, right?

Just silent, hide all bodies?
Kill target only?

This time I think I'll do a dry run or two on how to get in unspotted on the non-elusive Sapienza map. Last time I was so confident in myself in Paris knowing every square inch, I went in all gung ho and fucked myself.

Shit, I'm sitting here at work coming up with plans to get into that area suit only for the challenge. You don't have to do suit only though, right?

Just silent, hide all bodies?
Kill target only?

This time I think I'll do a dry run or two on how to get in unspotted on the non-elusive Sapienza map. Last time I was so confident in myself in Paris knowing every square inch, I went in all gung ho and fucked myself.

Nope, you don't have to do it suit only.

Completed, Silent Assassin. How I did it:

[1]Started in the kitchen.
[2]Grabbed can of spaghetti & the rat poison, headed down into wine cellar.
[3]Waited for the 2 house staff to finish their convo, spaghettied the one that goes right and hid the body.
[4]Threw a coin to lure one of the other two away, mom's spaghettied him then spaghettied the other one. Hid both bodies.
[5]Target seemed to do a lap of his route before drinking from the glass so as he walked off I dropped another coin so one of his security guards stayed behind. Spaghettied him and hid the body.
[6]Waited in the garage until the target returned, coin > KO the second guard.
[7]Hid in toilet, drowned target and then left the area.

DukeBobby

Bollocks, I managed to knock out his two guards but got spotted by the housekeeper as I was performing the kill. Still, I got out before the whole place was alerted, so it wasn't too bad.

Top Bottom