• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

It was $9.99 for me on mobile, but it was "Download" on the store on my PS4. Of course it still took 9.99 out of my wallet, which Playstation's crack customer service team is all over at the moment.

Now the problem is they have put the episode on the old broken ass Sony network.

XpHOWHR.jpg
Downloading at a solid 200K/s

Just for shits and giggles I unpaused Just Cause 3 update:
Which then finished 2 minutes later. Hitman Episode 3 is still chugging along at 7 hours remaining.

And meanwhile Playstation Support:

Oscar: Since the PS store is updating today, your license for the full experience was not recognized and therefore, you were charged for the episode three.
Oscar: Now, do not worry since I have a solution for you.
Oscar: What I will do is to request your license to be corrected but this will imply that the base game will be removed and a refund will be processed for it as well as for the episode three.
Oscar: This will take from three to five business days so I strongly recommend you not to buy any content related to Hitman until you get the money back to your PSN wallet.

Absolute champs...

No, when I turned the PS on, it prompted me to a 4 something GB update for Hitman. It downloaded it and went to the game automatically but I can't play it. It's "redded" out as if I haven't purchased it. When I try to play it, it says "You do not own the content you're trying to access. Do you want to visit the PS Store?" From there if I click yes, it takes me there and says 9.99. But fuck that. I'll just wait till they get it fixed.

MaKTaiL

They finally fixed the "You've been spotted by a camera." not showing up on different languages other than English. I can finally know where I've been seen. Also, they added a new sound effect when the camera sees you.

Randdalf

I think they missed an opportunity with one of the opportunities, specifically regarding the general.

What if you could cut the captive's bonds and give him a knife, rather than disguising as him? I suppose it might be against the spirit of Hitman, but that would be a fitting resolution to that mini-storyline.

Moff

did a few more challenges and opportunities

eh, I like the level, it's very good.

I think it's main problem is that everything looks to undetailed and not very exciting, the school and the embassy especially. there is exactly one really pretty area and that's the lamp store they show at the beginning of the trailer

sapienza was really beautiful and detailed, you had so many different nice locations, not only the town, you had a church, the beach, the lab, the garden, the ruins, a villa with a pool. in marrakesh everything looks the same.

and I still don't like how many random people can see through your disguise. it's not as bad as the sapienza villa but I just don't feel that feature makes the game more interesting, only annoying.

and I still think they should lock the opportunities until you completed the mission once

Pretty cool that you can
dismiss soldiers and get them to leave
with the military officer's uniform.

did a few more challenges and opportunities

eh, I like the level, it's very good.

I think it's main problem is that everything looks to undetailed and not very exciting, the school and the embassy especially. there is exactly one really pretty area and that's the lamp store they show at the beginning of the trailer

sapienza was really beautiful and detailed, you had so many different nice locations, not only the town, you had a church, the beach, the lab, the garden, the ruins, a villa with a pool. in marrakesh everything looks the same.

and I still don't like how many random people can see through your disguise. it's not as bad as the sapienza villa but I just don't feel that feature makes the game more interesting, only annoying.

and I still think they should lock the opportunities until you completed the mission once

I thought the visual design of the Swedish Consulate was excellent, but I'm with you on the rest of the level.

Sometimes it's pretty bizarre which NPCs can see through which costumes. Like, why does the secretary see through elite soldier disguises but not regular soldier disguises?

The rooftops, like the one where you find the
head of security
, feel lavishly detailed to me.

And then there's the electronics market where you start out. The dark ambience and the claustrophobic crowds make a big difference.

Sapienza is an inherently nicer-looking place, no doubt about it. But then, it is a vacation destination.

Ultimately I think it's a very well designed level, it's just that its focus is more on infiltration and sneaking around rather than setting up zany assassinations. Some people are going to be disappointed by that, but maybe it's good to have some variety.

Edit: I expect the GB quick look to be a nightmare.

Deadstar

Ultimately I think it's a very well designed level, it's just that its focus is more on infiltration and sneaking around rather than setting up zany assassinations. Some people are going to be disappointed by that, but maybe it's good to have some variety.

Edit: I expect the GB quick look to be a nightmare.

Lol why is this? Are there a lot of high security areas that don't leave a lot of room for error?

Ludens

Banned
The game always freezes for me when returning to the main menu after the mission, I need to manually kill the game from the taskbar.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I think they missed an opportunity with one of the opportunities, specifically regarding the general.

What if you could cut the captive's bonds and give him a knife, rather than disguising as him? I suppose it might be against the spirit of Hitman, but that would be a fitting resolution to that mini-storyline.

I thought that's where it was going. Would've been cool to set that in motion.

dragn

why do i get the exact same performance with dx12 and 11 with a 390 2500k combo, also freesync still doesnt work in hitman -.-

Randdalf

Anyone found the location of a Courtyard Club membership card?
I know about the one inside the club, but I'm scouring the level and cannot find one outside the club.

PreFire

Damn, I thought the update I installed earlier was episode 3. I wish the episodes would just download automatically for those who paid for the full game

Now I gotta wait for this shit lol

Pretty cool mission. Might play it more then Sapienza actually. First run went pretty bad and killed a lot of people, just going around seeing whats what. Second time Silent Assassin by
doing the interview and dropping a moose on the targets head and killing the general by taking the place of the prisoner.

Randdalf

No, you're right. It's actually in the
restaurant in the staff-only area.

Yeah I knew about that one. Hmmm, bit weird that the only card would be inside the place you get into it with. You can pick/find the key for the staff exit door, but it's still a bit annoying.

Yeah I knew about that one. Hmmm, bit weird that the only card would be inside the place you get into it with. You can pick/find the key for the staff exit door, but it's still a bit annoying.

Huh. I didn't realize that at all because I got in by
a third route.

There is also a non-target killed / random death bug. I subdued someone and put them in a box. 2-3 minutes later a non-target killed / body found alert popped up while I was on other side of map.

I'm starting to understand Marrakesh. You can't just find all the things you need conveniently located in a single place anymore. You need to bring things from one place into another before you can make anything interesting happen.

How else are you supposed to
drop a taxidermied moose on your target
?

I'm starting to understand Marrakesh. You can't just find all the things you need conveniently located in a single place anymore. You need to bring things from one place into another before you can make anything interesting happen.

How else are you supposed to
drop a taxidermied moose on your target
?
TV interview opportunity. I'll let you figure out the rest.

What's the benefit of getting the bundle instead of buying episodes individually? A little cheaper?
I'm interested in getting this game. Is it a good Hitman game?

man i love this game. just spent about an hour on my first playthrough. really enjoyed the level, felt very alive and i saw some opportunities (including a nice spot to snipe) during my run.

the only thing i felt was a bit out of place was officers and security guards recognizing the opposite disguise... makes no sense.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
What's the benefit of getting the bundle instead of buying episodes individually? A little cheaper?

The game is great but if you're unsure just buy the intro pack which has the tutorial stuff and Paris and then buy the episodes when you want. it works out about $5 cheaper if you buy the full game now.

sn00zer

Just got through the first target, on my way to the second.

This level seems like a pretty big step backwards. Not nearly as good looking, just wide and flat, boring aesthetic, level seems too big for its own good
consulate seem weirdly unnecessarily big
, which is weird considering how tight and enclosed previous levels were.

Not a fan, especially coming off the high that was Sapienza.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Cool. Will I be missing out on some content?

Not really. There was some stuff (a white suit, chrome gun skin and duck bomb) for pre-ordering and the PS4 has a couple of exclusive hits but you're not really missing anything there. Buying the intro pack and individual missions now will get you the same thing as the full game.

Not really. There was some stuff (a white suit, chrome gun skin and duck bomb) for pre-ordering and the PS4 has a couple of exclusive hits but you're not really missing anything there. Buying the intro pack and individual missions now will get you the same thing as the full game.

Thanks, man! Will definitely check out the intro pack.

Initial reaction is Marrakesh is not as good as Sapienza. The locale is not as pretty and at first glance not much is going on outside of the school or consulate areas. The crowd areas look amazing but are cumbersome to navigate and when you pair that with not much to do in said areas, it kind of makes me want to avoid them completely vs walking around and enjoyinh like I did in Sapienza.

I also thought both targets were REALLY easy to get to and take out, so I'm a little underwhelmed so far, but my appreciation for the level will likely grow as a I play more and try to SO / SA and complete all of the various challenges.

Jintor

Playing without traspassing notifications is hell. I walked right past a guard post who didn't raise an eyebrow as I ascended the staircase, but the moment I stepped onto the second floor everybody freaked out. This happened like three times, the way they set up the 'zones' is real crappy.

I wish there was a way just to turn the tresspassing notification on alone or add some other indication (besides the music changing which takes a few seconds to kick in)

I actually like the feeling of all the areas but the way they're set up is really weird. I'll play through a few more times to confirm but it does feel like a step back from Sapienza. Also the crowd not actually being gameplay useful/hinderance for anything is pretty irritating.

Deadstar

This is the BEST Hitman game to date. It's amazing.

Just got through the first target, on my way to the second.

This level seems like a pretty big step backwards. Not nearly as good looking, just wide and flat, boring aesthetic, level seems too big for its own good
consulate seem weirdly unnecessarily big
, which is weird considering how tight and enclosed previous levels were.

Not a fan, especially coming off the high that was Sapienza.

I like how this stage has a different feel though. It's more populated and there isn't really some huge mansion like in Sapienza and Paris. I agree the aesthetic isn't as pleasing as Sapienza, but how can it be? A beach city in most peoples eyes is going to look better than any type of inner city level. That's just how it is. It's a change of look and pace. I've only done one run though. I'll have to do a few more before I can rank it.

Jintor

I think the bazaar and embassy look great. I'm looking for more entrances to the school though, I only know the guarded entrances and the pipe route (and I suspect the tunnel)

Completed my first run (32 mins) through Marrakesh. I was surprised by how far I went going undetected, I decided to go all the way and aim for a suit only run.

hitman_2016_05_31_21_n5zo7.jpg

It's still a bit early but so far I prefer Sapienza over Marrakesh.

PreFire

Is anyone else having a problem connecting? I'm on ps4

It says it failed to authorize my account with the hitman server

Top Bottom