• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman Trilogy HD is coming in January, Cover + Premium Edition goodies revealed

I wonder if this means controller support for the PC versions :)

:(

Believe me, I wish. I bought them on a Steam sale thinking that they had controller support and haven't been able to play them at all (I have desktop connected to tv and use a wireless keyboard which has a touchpad mouse built in, so no non-controller games are even playable).

stn

Wish Hitman 1 for PC was in this package instead of Blood Money, though I own them all anyway.

EDIT: That is such an awesome cover.

Would I be missing any significant story by not playing the PC only Hitman 1? That's what has been stopping me from getting into these games.

ScOULaris

This is a motherfucking DAY 1 purchase for me. I'm a diehard Hitman fan, and this will be exactly what I need to wash the bad Absolution aftertaste from my palette.

If anyone here has only played Absolution, PLEASE go out and by this trilogy release. You have to understand how good this series used to be before it was bastardized.

Pikma

Banned
Getting it, at least we know those are real Hitman games, can't believe I'm more excited to play (again) these three old games than a brand new sequel. IO was very good at killing my hype for Absolushit.

CREMSteve

I LOVE the cover, will buy this, for sure. Have yet to play a Hitman game, but my hype for Absolution remains and this is perfect timing to capitalize on that.

D-e-f-

Banned
Believe me, I wish. I bought them on a Steam sale thinking that they had controller support and haven't been able to play them at all (I have desktop connected to tv and use a wireless keyboard which has a touchpad mouse built in, so no non-controller games are even playable).

I use Xpadder and it works really good. I would rebuy to get proper controller support.

I think I'll double dip. I was glad when they put out a Hitman Trilogy set on PS2 a few years back. I only ever owned SA before that.

kiyomi

The artbook cover is so much nicer than the trilogy cover.

Anyways, I will probably get this, maybe not day 1 though. Love them Hitman games.

Jhoan

I have the collection for PS2; beat H2: SA and BM. I got 1000/1000 in BM for 360. Tried to get into Contracts, but the Mansion mission frustrated me so I gave up. Not sure if I'll triple dip; the art book is tempting though.

skarabrae

Banned
Awesome! I can finally complete my Hitman collection. Was worried that getting Absolution wasn't going to yield some HD collection of the previous games.

It was mentioned briefly that Contracts will get me up to speed if I haven't played 1. So would people recommend doing Contracts first, then 2, then Blood Money?

Salsa

66666666idj11.png

use the book cover as the boxart ffs

rvy

Banned
I find it hard to believe that anyone from marketing looked at that artwork and said "Yeah, this is our cover. Top notch stuff".
They're trying to boycott their own sales I tell you.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I love the cover. It has such a wonderful Broken Sword, detective novel vibe.

what's that pixelated hitman game in the artbook?
It's not a Hitman game, it's one of a series "never before seen reinterpretations of classic Hitman moments by top artists."

Brilliant. February. Just when I have nothing to play ;)

Excited for this though. I loved absolution and after all the fuss I heard about how it's not as good as the others, I look forward to check them out myself.

Grief.exe

Mmm delicious 720p

Of course they aren't releasing a PC version, we are already running 1080p+.

why do all these collector packs miss out the first game? so fucking stupid

Well in Whitman's defense, the first game was essentially remade as contracts.

I wonder if the LE is going to follow the recent awful trend of not including a proper game case for the game (like the Absolution professional edition among many others). I've passed on a number of limited editions in the few years because they're cheaping out and putting the damn disks in a cardboard folio with the other LE stuff. Having to put these with your normal game cases means they'll be badly dinged up before long, even if you're careful.

Persona86

Banned
Whether he did or not, he's right on the money. Absolution is shit compared to every other Hitman game. It really is Hitman: Conviction.
Well it was still fun, but I agree in "some" ways.
Did you complete the game?
The end suggests that the next game will go back to the good old hitman style we know
:)

ScOULaris

Well it was still fun, but I agree in "some" ways.
Did you complete the game?
The end suggests that the next game will go back to the good old hitman style we know
:)

I haven't completed it yet, but I find myself lacking motivation to press on. I just don't enjoy it very much at all. I'm currently in the middle of the Dexter Industries level, which I realize is considered to be the worst in the game.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I don't get the love for the art book cover seems pretty bland, like the covers of those random thriller books you see in a book store which I pass over and never look twice at. Even the actual cover looks better trhan that to me.

Zaventem

Sounds good.Cover is better than most,not good but it's not embarrassing.The 3 hitman games in that bunch have superior covers.

Top Bottom