• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HL 2 gets an update - everything in Korean - Means nothing, as usual

Ty4on

e7032b9c64dd322b35d844rfu6.gif

I don't get it.
Gaben be Gaben? :p

Coconut

Banned
Funny I was going to play half life 2 for the first time ever tonight. Is it still as good as people make it out to be in Korean.

Steampipe and a translation of the game into Korean.

(Valve would start the HL3 ARPG with a non-game hint like a url hidden in a TF2 video or something)

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I am still going to hold on to my hope. 3.7gbs is too much for a language pack right?

It's not Half-Life 3, Episode 3, an ARG, or anything of that nature. HL2 has been getting a lot of updates lately, mostly through the Steampipe beta. The only reason this one is so big is because of the language packs involved.

Everyone, just calm down. There is nothing to see here. When Valve is ready to announce the next Half-Life game, you'll definitely know it.

1. Go to HL2 on Steam
2. Right-Click -> properties
3. Click Betas
4. type "HL3confirmed" into the beta code field
5. Enjoy HL3

Piers

It's not Half-Life 3, Episode 3, an ARG, or anything of that nature. HL2 has been getting a lot of updates lately, mostly through the Steampipe beta. The only reason this one is so big is because of the language packs involved.

Everyone, just calm down. There is nothing to see here. When Valve is ready to announce the next Half-Life game, you'll definitely know it.

Quote for maximum truth.

Waaghals

I just tested this. Everything apart from text is in Korean (I assume), even though English is selected in game and in steam.

STOP LYING TO ME. WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO HOLD DOWN THE TRUTH

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Quote for maximum truth.

STOP LYING TO ME. WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO HOLD DOWN THE TRUTH

#Truthfact

Also, if your game has switched to Korean, try switching to the Steampipe beta and see if that fixes the issue. You can do this by right-clicking on the game in your Steam library, selecting properties, betas, and opting into the Beta - SteamPipe beta.

Top Bottom