• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy | Review Thread

Majormaxxx

1469671599268.gif
"After continued internal discussion, we began to start outlining the issues put forth by Rowling and the game in question and each time, and as we discussed it all, we kept coming back to the simple fact that Rowling is not only a bigot but is actively pushing, in her position as a wealthy and famous individual, for legislation that will hurt trans people. That she uses the influence and money gained from her success with Harry Potter to push transphobic legislation.

Therefore, the mod team has decided to expand our prior ban on promotion for the Hogwarts game to include the game itself. There will be no OT and no discussion of this game.

As a reminder, we do not allow for advocating or metacommentary on content ban decisions, which are decided by the mod team. Any that we see, whether for or against, will be met with threadbans at a minimum."

lol

GHG

Gold Member
I'm kinda pissed that i have to use dlss 3 for a game like this...

This thing looks like a good ps4 game ffs...

In a funny sort of way it's moments like this that make top end hardware worth it.

Even though the game clearly runs like shit, the likes of the 4080/90 combined with DLSS 3 will brute force through it and make light work of it, still allowing you to have an enjoyable experience.

Ozriel

M$FT
Jesus Christ people this isn't a damn thread about ResetEra and their moderation policies. Good lord.

. . . isn't the fact that this is a good Harry Potter game - hell by all accounts a good game period - enough to drive discussion without bringing up other forums to dunk on for "reaction farming?"

It’s not just about Era or other forums, is it?
You dropped a ‘triggered’ emoji when I complained about a reviewer playing the game and profiting from the review clicks and still guilt-tripping consumers.

Tell us how you really feel

Fuck it, I'm going to buy someone a copy of the game. Is there anyone in the United Kingdom who wants a free copy of the Deluxe Edition?

I will buy it for you right now on Steam, PS5, or Xbox Series (not PS4/XB1/Switch). If you're on Steam I'll gift it to you. If you're on console I'll send you £75 of codes to buy it as long as you promise you don't go and buy another game lol.
I'm down for a free deluxe edition on Xbox Series

Last edited:

kikkis

What modes on ps5?
What performance on pc?
Is it good for non hp fan?
I watched fextralife review. I was disappointed it didnt really comment on combat at all, but he said his partner liked the game despite not really favoring wizarding world. Perf and fidelity mode, recommends perf mode.

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member
Fuck it, I'm going to buy someone a copy of the game. Is there anyone in the United Kingdom who wants a free copy of the Deluxe Edition?

I will buy it for you right now on Steam, PS5, or Xbox Series (not PS4/XB1/Switch). If you're on Steam I'll gift it to you. If you're on console I'll send you £75 of codes to buy it as long as you promise you don't go and buy another game lol.

I do accept a free copy of a Deluxe Edition on Steam if it means i can cancel the pre order i just made and save $79 :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:
Review scores will just help sell even more copies

Best part about that is a sequel is all but guaranteed now
I hope we get a sequel but I think Warner Bros are done with HP after this. If it's enough of a success I suppose Rowling can do something about it. We'll need to wait and see.

Saiyan-Rox

I hope we get a sequel but I think Warner Bros are done with HP after this. If it's enough of a success I suppose Rowling can do something about it. We'll need to wait and see.

What's the last game WB made that sold anywhere near this? I'm sure Dollar signs will beat whatever will stop them.

What's the last game WB made that sold anywhere near this? I'm sure Dollar signs will beat whatever will stop them.
This might change their mind but a while back it was said that they are not bothering with the Wizarding World anymore. They've scrapped the Fantastic Beast movies so I assumed that they were putting out Hogwarts Legacy and that would be the end of it.

TheZink

I stayed away from the game as much as I can (because I love HP and dont want to get spoilered). Is there any infos about XSX vs PS5? Do both run equally good? How are the Dual Sense Features used?
On a PS5 review on performance mode, he said he only had 3 drops in 30 hours. When he played fidelity mode, he said there were many more drops in frame rate.

Arun1910

Elon are u back? First you give away free gold in secret and now offer to pay for a whole game?

Saiyan-Rox

This might change their mind but a while back it was said that they are not bothering with the Wizarding World anymore. They've scrapped the Fantastic Beast movies so I assumed that they were putting out Hogwarts Legacy and that would be the end of it.

Yeah the movies hit a really bad patch but I could potentially see them using the success of this game to do a reboot :eek:

Who knows though but great to see this doing so well.

john2gr

There is no fucking way for a game that looks like this to put a 4090 on his knees without dlss3...

Overkill for gaming they said...

It looks like maxing out games at 4k with a 4080 lasted for only one game (ds remake):lollipop_grinning_sweat:

The game has a Ray Tracing Quality setting (so for example you can get better performance with Medium RT settings), it's not an On/Off toggle like in other PC games. Or you can disable the RT effects and get better performance than Dead Space Remake in 4K. And, I wouldn't call the game ugly. It's certainly one of the best-looking PC games to date.

9qZN8nb.jpg

Yeah the movies hit a really bad patch but I could potentially see them using the success of this game to do a reboot :eek:

Who knows though but great to see this doing so well.
As much as I love the films (not Fantastic Beasts) I'd be up for a movie reboot or a television serious based on the books.

Sleepwalker

If you're in the UK I'll buy it for you too.

Holy fucking shit bros, can I get a hallelujah for nightmare-slain nightmare-slain !?

What an absolute fantastic bloke 🔥 made my fucking year. Legend.

3K0zfIS.jpg

I love neogaf. You're a legend nightmare-slain nightmare-slain

Top Bottom