• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Holiday 2015 - 4 major FPS - Where's your money going this Fall?

Deadbeat

Banned
Seige - Unless terrorist hunt is amazing somehow, I wont be getting Seige. Its just disappointing.

Halo - Why would I want a Halo game that destroys all the fundamentals of the series to chase the cod crowd when I dont even care about Halo in the first place? Will enjoy the salt from a spectator position.

Star Wars - Dunno if I will get Battlefront. Ill wait for the public beta to decide.

Black Ops 3 - Hinges on whether they give a fuck about the PC version. That means server browser, console, basically all the features of blops 1. If they decide to put a console experience on PC they can go fuck themselves. Ill wait for the free weekend on PC (which happened on DECEMBER 11th for AW). Holy shit 1 month after release. Ill wait thanks.

ohlawd

I have Halo 5 and Star Wars preordered for cheap here. I'll probably end up returning SW since it's multiplayer only? not entirely sure. Halo 5 is a keeper; I need at least one holiday game.

decent chance I'll get Black Ops 3. campaign and multiplayer will be good but I doubt I'll spend too much time on the MP. haven't really liked a CoD MP since BO1.

lol @ Rainbow Six. That's a never.

Koh

One of these things
Doesn't belong here.
One of these things just doesn't belong.

Battlefront is the one I'll buy if it delivers. I'm surprised rainbow six siege is even in the same conversation.

vin-buc

Sorry OP I know you said FPS's but I sincerely hope that MGO really knocks it out of the park. Kojima - please make this the most incredible of Swan songs.

Halo 5 first and foremost. I'll have to see actual gameplay of Battlefront (will most likely have a Beta). I will also do a wait and see on Rainbow Six: Siege and Call of Duty: Black Ops III when I play those Beta's.

Mortemis

Banned
Blops 3 and Battlefront most likely. Gonna need to see more from battlefront but I'm pretty sure the hype will take over me.

Halo I'm not so sure. This could be the first halo game I'm not getting day one since 2.

TomShoe

Banned
Black Ops III for sure, Treyarch is the king of Call of Duty.

Battlefront, maybe. If it's good, at least. I have anticipation, but I know next to nothing and what I have heard so far is uninspiring.

Rainbow Six, I dunno. It seems very repetitive, like there's one game type, and that's search and destroy. I think I'd enjoy The Division much more.

Halo 5, probably not, since that would require the purchase of an Xbox One, and it currently does not have anything in the way of games or exclusives that entice me.

Halo 5
CoD
Battlefront

Always preferred Ghost Recon to Rainbow Six. The direction they went with rainbow six gives me hope they unfuck ghost recon to at least graw level, preferably ghost recon 2/summit strike. Future Soldier should be forever forgotten.

Halo most definitely.
I will consider picking up battlefront as well.

I've never been very into R6 and I'm totally over CoD at this point after ghosts and AW.

Sotha_Sil

Rainbow Six if my old college buds are up to playing together, or if there is a good GAF group I could get in with.

Probably none of the others.

Battlefront was going to be the game that broke my EA boycott, but now I'm not so sure.

Either Battlefront or nothing. I'll spend my money elsewhere.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Battlefront for sure, Rainbow Six if I hear good things (ie its a proper tactical shooter) about it.

Zornack

Battlefront almost for sure.

I still have a couple hundred Xbox bucks back from that facebook thing, at least I hope they're still there, so I'll use that to get Halo.

And maybe Blops 3. AW was okay, I had some fun but didn't finish the campaign or play too much of the multiplayer. Probably not, though.

Black Ops III is day 1 for sure.

Battlefront is a maybe, gonna wait to get a bit more info and some actual gameplay

Not interested in Rainbow Six

Not going to support 343 anymore, so no to Halo 5, at least not day 1 or new.

COD and probably Battlefront (I'd like to think Dice can pull it off)

I like Rainbow Six in theory, but squad based shooters rarely seen to work for me on consoles. Also, I've learned my lesson buying Ubisoft products.

Call of Duty is the only one I'll buy day one. Will wait for reviews for the others. Halo I'll wait until I know it works. And I might buy it used to further emphasize my disappointment with MCC.

hatchx

Banned
Probably just Battlefront for me, and it's a TPS from what I've heard. If the holidays lineup is really weak for Ps4/WiiU/3DS, I'll probably sink into MW3.

After that beta, Halo 5 for sure.

Going to wait on the release of Battlefront. Not sure what platform though. Most likely one of the consoles since i have been seeing hackers in BF4.

Assuming it's actually coming out holiday 2015, this is the obvious answer:

6E4X0BS.jpg

Bluth54

I have no interest at all in any of those 4 games.

I'll just keep playing TF2 like have the last 7 years for my multiplayer FPS fix.

nib95

Banned
In order of interest.

1. Halo 5
2. Rainbow 6: Siege
3. Star Wars: Battlefront

But in all honesty I'm holding off before purchasing till I know which of these are best for me, and hold up online wise. Will definitely be purchasing at least one of them though. Halo 5 and Forza 6 are the games I'm hoping I'll buy an Xbox One with, so there's a lot riding on these two.

Top Bottom