• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Holiday 2015 - 4 major FPS - Where's your money going this Fall?

Definitely Halo 5, maybe Battlefront.

No interest in Rainbow Six at all and no real interest in CoD either based on the information that's come out so far.

None of them. So done with FPS multiplayer yearly cash grabs.

But obviously they sell; I just don't want to contribute to the sales.

Huh? Only one out of the four is a yearly release. Unless you just meant multiplayer FPS in general then alright.

Halo 5 and Battlefront for sure.

Never played Rainbow Six so not to sure about that one. Black Ops 3 has my attention, but I don't know if I want to get it just yet. I preorder and try the beta.

Kordelle

Halo 5 for sure.

Black Ops Reveal did disappoint me, probably will rent it for campaign, unless the beta is awesome.
Battlefront needs to be seen, will check it out on Access before launch.
Rainbow 6 purchase won't happen very likely for me.

Zornack

None of them. So done with FPS multiplayer yearly cash grabs.

But obviously they sell; I just don't want to contribute to the sales.

Halo 4 came out 3 years ago, the last Rainbow Six 7 years ago and Battlefront 2 10 years ago.

Is there even any FPS franchise other than CoD that's yearly?

Wolfie5

Maybe Battlefront and Rainbow 6, depending on how they turn out.

But before I decide on any of these games, I want to see what other games will be shown at E3 for release this fall. Curious about the Division for example. And if there is a Fallout 4 this fall, then none of these games will matter for me this year, unless Battlefront is the best thing ever.

More than likely COD. Not interested in any of the other games except R6, and that would be for the campaign only, so I can wait for a sale on that.

taimoorh

Not Halo 5 because I have completely lost trust in that dev team and brand since the extremely lackluster Halo 4 (thank god I read the books to actually understand the story), and the colossal fuckup that was MCC. Never spending my hard earned money on this franchise ever again.

Not CODBO3 because franchise fatigue. That acronym alone shows what a joke that series is.

Sadly not Rainbow Six: Siege because I feel it'll be better to play in a team with friends and I don't have those on XBO anymore. And lol at playing this on PC, the userbase will dry up within weeks.

Will buy Battlefront. The question is whether on PC or XBO. The console has much larger userbase, so finding a match will be easy. Plus with Hardline, EA has added Middle East servers so I can play lag-free. But those visuals will look so sweet on my PC, though!

Bsigg12

It is nice that for Halo, R6 and CoD we will have had or will be having a beta which should help most people make a decision on a purchase. The Halo 5 beta sold me on the direction of the game. I'm excited for the CoD beta and the Siege beta to help me decide if they're something I want to buy at launch or wait.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
R6: Siege and Black Cops 3 will likely have pre-purchase DLC on Steam, so them.

Gaogaogao

It is nice that for Halo, R6 and CoD we will have had or will be having a beta which should help most people make a decision on a purchase. The Halo 5 beta sold me on the direction of the game. I'm excited for the CoD beta and the Siege beta to help me decide if they're something I want to buy at launch or wait.

if you have an xbox one, star wars will be on EA access early.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Very likely all of them. Only one in doubt is Halo 5 as I don't have an xbox one but if I can get a good bundle I might bite.

Battlefront is the only one I care about. Probably going to be disappointed by how much it's just Battlefield with blasters, but it's Star Wars so whatever.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
All of 'em.

If I had to choose in order?

1) Halo 5
2) Battlefront
3) BLOPS3
4) Siege.

Im getting all of them in this exact order.
I dont know what Sieges online community is gonna look like after a few months but if its still nice and active it will be the last one i purchase.

Wil348

Battlefront for sure, maybe CoD. I don't trust 343i with Halo anymore and RSS is something that I haven't really looked into.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Already preordered battlefront. Siege looks good too but waiting for reviews - might be too reliant on cooperation and team communication which is difficult for me to do.

Halo I only olay for the campaign really, and Halo 4 was so crap that I'm not in any hurry to play 5 until the price comes way down.

Halo 5 for definite.

No interest in Star Wars without a campaign, cod I will probably play for campaign, rainbow 6 depends on it too.

Not much of a multiplayer guy for fps. I much prefer gears and even then I like horde more than competitive

Ramirez

You left out the possible Destiny expansion...this fall is stuffed with FPS. I feel like Halo would benefit so much more from a late Summer release if it were possible. It's the one I want most, but I know it's going to be a solid 3rd after BF/CoD a mere couple weeks after it releases.

R6 didn't even cross my mind when I read the thread title, even though I am interested. CoD is probably the least enticing to me, just can't get into them anymore.

Stacey

Banned
2 copies of battlefront
2 copies of black ops 3

I have no interest in h5 or rainbow six from what I've seen so far, this may change however.

Plasma

Banned
I'll probably end up getting all four of them but I really enjoyed the Halo 5 beta so MP wise I'm looking forward to that one the most followed closely by Battlefront. Black Ops I'll probably just go through the campaign I haven't played COD online seriously since MW2. With Rainbow Six I'll probably wait until I can get a group of people together online before I start playing a lot of the MP in that.

I'm not particularly bothered by any of these. The first-person games I expect to be playing by the year's end are
SOMA
and
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
:)

93xfan

Banned
Halo 5 doesn't even deserve a consideration until Halo MCC is fixed.

I'll probably go with Battlefront.

Hasney

I'm not out and out hyped for any of them, so I'll need to wait until I get some hands on time.

Not Halo though. Even if I got an XB1 by then, then beta didn't click at all.

Leyasu

Banned
Halo 5 first. The beta was so damn good. Plus 100% dedicated servers with datacenter selection will be great.

Battlefront I will wait and see how the netcode and servers are before buying.

COD and R6 will most probably be p2p junk so they wont be getting bought. I refuse to buy p2p shooters.

Lakitu

st5fu
Battlefront for sure, it's my most anticipated multiplayer game that's not a DICE-developed Battlefield. Still need to see some footage, hear about game modes and maps though.

Halo 5 is also a possibility since I'm a huge Halo campaign fan, completed every campaign at least two or three times. I just need to buy an Xbox One, if I can afford one, I'll get it along with MCC.

Uhh... R6 does not belong there. It's not major or even visible.

For me:

1) Halo 5
2) Battlefront

BLOPS3 looks too much like AW in order for me to consider it.

-MD-

Never played a Battlefront so if that's somehow good I could potentially get that, It's Dice though so chances are I'll dislike it. Siege I need to take another look at.

Ya'll can keep Halo and CoD.

Top Bottom