• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Holidaying in England’s Most Deprived Town

Proper riviera: https://maps.app.goo.gl/DYQ8yxpAYVsKtYAK7?g_st=ic

Going from inner Kent down to Dungeness is such a spectacle :). That and Rye Harbour are always quite nice.
GsNTeS0.jpg

Video I kind of expected, I tried to think Essex++ and well… 😂.
Anyone who mentions Dungeness is alright by me.

I used to go to Dymchurch every year as a kid and I loved it. Dungeness is a genuinely unique place.

lol, do people actually pay those fines?

They don't have a choice. Local Authorities pursue them in the courts and almost always win. It's a legal duty on their behalf. It's not the schools decision.

The whole point is to make taking the kids out of school not of any financial benefit to the parents.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
They don't have a choice. Local Authorities pursue them in the courts and almost always win. It's a legal duty on their behalf. It's not the schools decision.

The whole point is to make taking the kids out of school not of any financial benefit to the parents.
It still is a benefit, some people see it as a holiday tax 😂.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Anyone who mentions Dungeness is alright by me.

I used to go to Dymchurch every year as a kid and I loved it. Dungeness is a genuinely unique place.
Once I met a quite healthy fox 🦊 there that was decently friendly to people visiting, right in the Prospect Cottage garden. It felt like being in the Little Prince book :D.

Being there on a sunny day (afternoon and then near sunset) is quite magical. I would definitely stay there for a quiet holiday… like a few weeks or a month or so… when I need some self reflection moment.

Another reason to homeschool.

SirTerry-T

I've had more fun in Clacton than I have had in places like Bournemouth.
Now there's a place that is up it's own arsehole.

Shitty selection of arcade grabber machines too...

And yet strangely we've seen a lot of the homeschool crowd come crawling back cap in hand because they can't handle it.

And those children when assessed hack in the school system are the ones with social anxiety, low self-worth and are usually incredibly behind their peers in terms of attainment.

Not really worth two weeks on the Costa Del Sol.
Yeah I'm sure being screamed at by a series of childless Tik Tok addicted gendergoblins for not being trans for six hours a day is more worthwhile than a kid spending time with their family in a different country.

Yeah I'm sure being screamed at by a series of childless Tik Tok addicted gendergoblins for not being trans for six hours a day is more worthwhile than a kid spending time with their family in a different country.

You've not been to a school for a long time have you? Your post seems like an AI bot read the Daily Mail comments and generated the usual misinformed bile.

It's amazing how out of touch that rag is with how things are on the ground.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I've had more fun in Clacton than I have had in places like Bournemouth.
Now there's a place that is up it's own arsehole.

Shitty selection of arcade grabber machines too...

True story.

A few years ago I made the mistake of going to Bournemouth beach. We normally go down the road to Boscombe where there are less crowds, but I was with my young nephews who really wanted to go to the pier, so had to slum it with the plebs on Bournemouth beach.

Anyway, around midday, I turn and see some chav of a women open up a Tesco plastic bag and take a shit it. She tried to do it discreetly, but it was so obvious what the dirty bint was doing.

For hours she left it out in the sun next to her, cooking in the afternoon sun. Then when it was time to go she got up with her boyfriend and left the bag on the beach.

That sums up Bournemouth.

You've not been to a school for a long time have you? Your post seems like an AI bot read the Daily Mail comments and generated the usual misinformed bile.

It's amazing how out of touch that rag is with how things are on the ground.
Dismissing something as being 'Daily Mail' doesn't work anymore. It isn't 2011. The Zoom schooling during Covid exposed a lot. And it's funny how teachers were all for keeping that going for as long as possible, yet as soon as it's over somehow parents spending time with kids is interrupting their education.

Your posts in this thread with condescension towards parents. As if they just get in the way. A very common attitude with teachers, online at least.

Senua

Ah the UK's quaint sea-side towns.

Come to portsmouth m8s its fuckin lovely. Stabbings are up tenfold, you won't see a police car in sight! 12 year olds on E-scooters going 30 mph on the pavement weaving in and out of old ladies. Litter everywhere, might see a scag needle if ur lucky! Gobby little shites as far as the eye can see! It's a mecha of bilge.

Go_Ly_Dow

Ah the UK's quaint sea-side towns.

Come to portsmouth m8s its fuckin lovely. Stabbings are up tenfold, you won't see a police car in sight! 12 year olds on E-scooters going 30 mph on the pavement weaving in and out of old ladies. Litter everywhere, might see a scag needle if ur lucky! Gobby little shites as far as the eye can see! It's a mecha of bilge.
Today on the double decker bus going into Cambridge we all had the pleasure of it absolutely reeking of disgusting cannabis as there was a little twat who's obviously a dealer carrying it on there. When he got off the bus so did the smell begin to vanish. Then there were teens vaping on the bus. Certain segments of the youth are a disgrace as are there parents for not teaching instilling the absolute basics of civility and respect of others. The rot is everywhere. A good reminder to not use public transport again when the kids are off school.

Last edited:

Senua

Today on the double decker bus going into Cambridge we all had the pleasure of it absolutely reeking of disgusting cannabis as there was a little twat who's obviously a dealer carrying it on there. When he got off the bus so did the smell begin to vanish. Then there were teens vaping on the bus. Certain segments of the youth are a disgrace as are there parents for not teaching instilling the absolute basics of civility and respect of others. The rot is everywhere. A good reminder to not use public transport again when the kids are off school.
Oh the stench of weed is everywhere nowadays, I can't stand the stuff tbh makes me sick.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
True story.

A few years ago I made the mistake of going to Bournemouth beach. We normally go down the road to Boscombe where there are less crowds, but I was with my young nephews who really wanted to go to the pier, so had to slum it with the plebs on Bournemouth beach.

Anyway, around midday, I turn and see some chav of a women open up a Tesco plastic bag and take a shit it. She tried to do it discreetly, but it was so obvious what the dirty bint was doing.

For hours she left it out in the sun next to her, cooking in the afternoon sun. Then when it was time to go she got up with her boyfriend and left the bag on the beach.

That sums up Bournemouth.
How do you discretely take shit into a plastic bag in public? You know what? Fuck that just let me know how to take a shit in public discretely. I am genuinely fascinated and disgusted at the same time.

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

Oh the stench of weed is everywhere nowadays, I can't stand the stuff tbh makes me sick.
Same, can't stand it. If any political party or general society here cared about protecting children then they'd actually do something meaningful to clamp down on youth vaping, cannabis/drugs, on knife crime, on gangs, on social media use, online game addiction etc... but it does none of that and instead we closed down the schools and condemned entire generations of kids to a ruined education.

Last edited:

Alebrije

Guess for UK standards this Town is trash but for Third world countries it looks above average.

The problem.is that the more pass the time the more some places of USA, UK , France look like TW places. Hope this stops because there a great vacation places to visit on those countries and would be sad to don't go because lack of services and insecurity.

Top Bottom