• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hong Kong, photographed by two Russians (yep, your palms are already sweaty)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foaloal

edit: I find these photos pretty unbelievable, and while it looks like it would be easy to photoshop your legs into some of these pictures I'll give the benefit of the doubt since the angles of the photos seem pretty realistic.
2: looking at the other images there are lots of angles that show the people better, I just found the images with just legs kind of sketchy.
They are Taxis lol.

I had a feeling. It's crazy how dominant they seem, at least to me, but I guess I've never been to the right cities.

jonnyp

Idiots.

I'm skeptical how real these photos are...
Look at this;

I've never been to Hong Kong, but I'd be surprised if almost all the cars there were the exact same.

Look how easily these photos could be photoshopped. I could probably make the same photos with my legs in them.

I could be totally wrong though, haven't looked at the full album or anything.

Are you serious?

Kettch

I'm skeptical how real these photos are...
Look at this;

I've never been to Hong Kong, but I'd be surprised if almost all the cars there were the exact same.

Look how easily these photos could be photoshopped. I could probably make the same photos with my legs in them.

I could be totally wrong though, haven't looked at the full album or anything.

If I am wrong (could be, since they have a website) then that's odd to me that all the cars are apparently taxis or something in Hong Kong. But I guess it's supposed to be like that in New York, right?

Yeah, a quick google search of "Hong Kong taxi" should clear things up.

GKGW7OU.jpg

F!ReW!Re

The problem is definitely the wind for me. I mean standing on an edge is something I might manage (although the vertigo is probably gonna kill me) but I just don't trust mother nature.
(I'm not talking about standing on top of that pole or that wall creep, just on an edge)

1 gust of wind and you're fucked.

(In no way am I saying that I would do that shit, just thinking out loud here)

Nike should really hire these guys for an advertisement. Their logo is really visible in some of those photos.

That one where hes standing on the edge is like some spiderman shit

Zornica

Banned
I'm glad people like them exist, those pics are amazing.
I wish I had a similarly fearless buddy who would accompany me on trips like that

It must be amazing up there.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
At first I was thinking "Eh, that's not so bad." and then I got to the seventh one... not even with a parachute.

Nodnol

Incredible.

I don't know what's more amazing; the photos or the fact that a slight gust of wind hasn't killed one of them.

Razgreez

I'm surprised to see so many "nopes". As somebody who enjoys cliff diving, bungie jumping, sky-diving and free-standing atop tall ledges I'm sure there must be at least a few people here who enjoy the same. It's basically the opposite of vertigo. Instead of feeling dizzy or nauseous you get this ridiculous rush of adrenalin

bronk

Banned
I knew what this was why the hell did I open it? I can barely look at those pics. They are truly horrifying. Crazy!

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
I don't remember Hong Kong being this nice when I was there. Even at night. Smog is really bad there. Nice pictures. Not worth the risk though.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I was ok with this until I realised they didn't have their camera straps on. Oh god they could so easily drop their camera and lose it forever!

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I was ok with this until I realised they didn't have their camera straps on. Oh god they could so easily drop their camera and lose it forever!

I felt that too ;_;

It's worse than the fear of your own death.

Hoo-doo

Banned
That seventh picture, upon closer inspection it looks like there's some kind of gutter leading up to the edge, with a slightly wider lower part.
I thought it was like a 5 inch ledge or something.

Still gives me sweaty fucking palms though.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I felt that too ;_;

It's worse than the fear of your own death.

Even worse is that even at a low height of say one metre i.e. on a small bridge over a stream, this fear can set in if you see someone leaning over the rails with their strapless camera.

BigAl1992

what is this bow and archer picture that dudes are posting? presuming its a vidya game referene but i haven't played one in years, so...?

It's a joke from the game Dark Souls. There was one infamous location where you had to access a palace by walking on an outdoor support beam, while being shot at by two archers with arrows used to kill dragons. And there's a massive fall to the ground if you got hit. A lot of people kept getting caught out on that location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom