• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Forbidden West: Complete PC is upon us.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Drivers are up too.

image.png

saintjules

Bruh…The same day as DD2? Guerilla should fire the guy who chooses the release dates.

Different fanbases? Most people who double dip is a low percentage.

It's like there's 2 promoters in the same city promoting music at a club. They don't usually shake hands and decide who will concede and put their event at a later date. It's most likely may the best man win.

Drivers are up too.

image.png
Either they took them down or for some reason they are not showing as available in the new NVIDIA App and only show in GeForce Experience, which you seem to be using.

EDIT: They are still up on their site and available elsewhere. Odd that the new NVIDIA app does not show them as available.

EDIT #2: Had to just manually download and install the drivers. It refused to update through the app no matter what I did.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Dragon's Dogma was never a super seller on PC, so Horizon might be the one coming out swinging.
The first title was kinda niche (even if it ended up selling 8M units) but the sequel... it's showing as top seller worldwide on Steam only below CS and Helldivers, and that's not counting keys sold through resellers like G2A, Instant-gaming and the like.

Between Game of Thrones a few years ago, and now Elden Ring and Baldur's Gate 3... I think medieval/fantasy stuff has become quite popular amongst the general public, which I think helps boosting this kind of game sales.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I'm almost afraid to ask but... maybe we could get Bloodborne next?

Jaybe

Why they always release Horizon games next to a bigger game (BotW, Elden Ring, now Dragon’s Dogma 2)?

Kataploom

Gold Member
Different fanbases? Most people who double dip is a low percentage.

It's like there's 2 promoters in the same city promoting music at a club. They don't usually shake hands and decide who will concede and put their event at a later date. It's most likely may the best man win.
I don't think the audience differ they much 😂

But surely Sony isn't trying to sell gangbusters at launch date, they seem to play more the long term sales on PC, considering their games tend to have stable sales for years after release, kinda like Nintendo on their consoles (not the amount but the hoe stable they are)

Kupfer

Do GG allow mods on their PC games?
The game offers a fantastic foundation, but GG have simply fucked up far too much in terms of content, design decisions and gameplay for me to enjoy it.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
I never got around to playing the DLC on PS5. Will eventually get this on Steam when the price comes down to the DLC level.

There are no cross platform saves for HFW. You'd have to replay close to the entire game on PC before you can finally start with the DLC.

I am in the same position but I have no burning urge to replay HFW. One time is more than enough.

Last edited:

Midn1ght

Curious to see how this does
I don't expect it to do big numbers, the first one sold well but it was probably due to the novelty of having Sony releasing their games on Steam.
Also as usual, Sony is doing the bare minimum promoting the release on PC.

Nixxes's in charge of the port so hopefully it runs well enough at least.

Killjoy-NL

Then, they dont care neither of PS releases, since they released their games near ER and BotW...
Neither of those games is a threat to Horizon sales.
BotW isn't even on the same platform.

Or their console sales, going by this logic

retarded.gif
The reason they bring their PC ports at a later date is because it's just some extra revenue when sales on consoles have pretty much dried up.
That actually proves that consoles are their main focus and PC is just an afterthought to get a little boost at a later stage.

So releasing alongside a game like Dragon's Dogma is a non-issue, as the game will sell regardless.

All that matters is that it doesn't generate less revenue than it cost to port the game.

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Neither of those games is a threat to Horizon sales.
BotW isn't even on the same platform.

The reason they bring their PC ports at a later date is because it's just some extra revenue when sales on consoles have pretty much dried up.
That actually proves that consoles are their main focus and PC is just an afterthought to get a little boost at a later stage.

So releasing alongside a game like Dragon's Dogma is a non-issue, as the game will sell regardless.

All that matters is that it doesn't generate less revenue than it cost to port the game.

So they launched it on PC the same day as DD2 because they don’t care about sales. But they launched both their previous games on console the same week as 2 much bigger games than DD2 because…. ?

zeroluck

Sales ain't looking so hot looking at Steam, while HellDivers 2 still at top of the chart, PC gamers tired of being treated as second class citizens? I did my part tho.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Currently one of the top revenue sellers on Steam.

Globally behind Counter-Strike 2, Dragon’s Dogma 2, Helldivers 2, Steam Deck and Apex Legends.

Ozriel

M$FT
But surely Sony isn't trying to sell gangbusters at launch date

Everyone plans to sell as much as possible at launch, since that’s when sale price is highest

they seem to play more the long term sales on PC, considering their games tend to have stable sales for years after release, kinda like Nintendo on their consoles (not the amount but the hoe stable they are)

That doesn’t seem to match with available data for most of their PC releases.

coastel

Think I will get this at some point, I've played it on ps5 and it's by far one of the best games I've seen. Have a fairly good PC so would like to see it in all its glory but have to much to play at the moment. Anyone with a good PC and no ps5 should really give it a try, the games kinda average but it's worth playing just for how fucking good it looks eiva way.

winjer

Gold Member
Here are the Intel drivers:

GAMING HIGHLIGHTS:

Intel® Game On Driver support on Intel® Arc™ A-series Graphics GPUs for:
  • Diablo IV* Ray Tracing Update
  • Dragon’s Dogma 2*
  • Horizon Forbidden West*
  • The Legend of the Condor Heroes*

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
What time is unlock?
Hoping to play in ultrawide on my c2

Game, shockingly, unlocks at 11AM. I was going to pass on this for now, but this is the perfect time to grind back to roughly the end of "Act 1" (no such thing exists in the game) while waiting for DD2 to unlock.

. . .hopefully will be able to get 4K/60 on a 6800XT/5600X (has to be possible with FSR given DF's preview of the PC version).

Top Bottom