• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Forbidden West: Complete PC is upon us.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Horizon Zero Sold

SONY Liars said:
As of April 16, 2023, the Horizon franchise has sold through more than 32.7 million units worldwide, of which Horizon Forbidden West has sold through over 8.4 million units. Millions more around the world have discovered Horizon thanks to PlayStation’s subscription services and initiatives, including PlayStation Plus, and Play at Home. All told, it’s a milestone we never imagined possible twenty years ago when we first started making games.

shrug-john-krasinski.gif

Currently one of the top revenue sellers on Steam.

Globally behind Counter-Strike 2, Dragon’s Dogma 2, Helldivers 2, Steam Deck and Apex Legends.

Just in the time since you posted this it has passed the Steam Deck and Apex Legends to move into the 4th spot behind Dragon’s Dogma 2, Counter-Strike 2, and Helldivers 2.

Denton

Played for an hour, decrypting my preload only took 10 minutes, yay for 5800X3D.

Flawless port, absolute zero issues, Nixxes are masters of their craft.

Game looks great, plays great, I am looking forward to delving in fully over the coming week. Glad I bought it.

2420110-20240321162940-1.png

2420110-20240321162716-1.png

M1987

Played for an hour, decrypting my preload only took 10 minutes, yay for 5800X3D.

Flawless port, absolute zero issues, Nixxes are masters of their craft.

Game looks great, plays great, I am looking forward to delving in fully over the coming week. Glad I bought it.

2420110-20240321162940-1.png

2420110-20240321162716-1.png
What GPU,resolution,frames etc?

Jigsaah

Gold Member
FUCK this shit is already coming out?

Hey btw, if you have humble bundle it's 20% off right now if you buy the steam code through them.

M1987

3080Ti, 2880x1620 (via DLDSR) with DLSS quality on top (so effectively 1080p with DLAA). I play on plasma and this gives me perfect image quality.
Max settings, vsync enabled, so 60fps.
GPU eats around 190W out of its 350W max TDP, so lot of reserve.
Exactly the same specs as me,can't wait to play it again after I have played Zero Dawn

TrebleShot

Just played an hour or so and yeah it looks great, the main thing is the ultrawide support.
Managed to make a custom res at 21:10 @ 3840x1836 on my LG C2 and its the perfect inbetween on the screen.

Using DLAA getting about 100-116fps everything on very high.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Idk if it's just bad luck on my part, but when I connect DualSense via BT, FPS dives down to 24 with consistent erratic frame times afterwards with locked 24-25 FPS, but when I disconnect DualSense, it's perfectly locked 60 again.

giphy.gif

Seems to run extremely well on lower end GPUs, too!
It's rock solid 60 here at 4K DLSS Quality, everything maxed with turned off the usual shit like vignette, chromatic aberration etc. I've 8700K @4,8GHz on all cores, 32GB 3600 RAM, Gen 4 NVMe and 3080Ti.

I was looking at technical impressions and Horizon is definitely the better port.
Infinitely better than the launch version of Zero Dawn and even the current version of Ratchet & Clank. There's still some stutters and frame drops during camera cuts (like it was in Zero Dawn), but I think they'll fix it in a patch or two.

Last edited:
Really is a technical stunner. Glad to see that it's optimized about as well as most would expect. Looking forward to seeing more footage. Wasn't a big fan of the first game, I tried multiple times to play it, even bought it twice, once on PS4 and on PC, but as much as I liked about it, I couldn't help but unfairly compare it to Breath of the Wild.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
They're working to fix DualSense issues:

Performance issues when using a DualSense controller wirelessly
We are aware of reports of performance issues when using a DualSense controller wirelessly. While we work on a fix, as a workaround, you can plug the controller in. If you want to keep using the controller wirelessly, try enabling Steam Input.

Also, it doesn't look like PC version has full DualSense support with haptic feedback and all. I mean, DualSense works, but it's dead at the same time. I wonder if they'll add full support cuz it's just as important here as in Returnal and Ratchet & Clank.

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Also, it doesn't look like PC version has full DualSense support with haptic feedback and all. I mean, DualSense works, but it's dead at the same time. I wonder if they'll add full support cuz it's just as important here as in Returnal and Ratchet & Clank.

It doesn't. Prying open car trunks has a satisfying (to me at least) tension and "thunk" to it. Completely absent on PC and at first I thought my controller was funked up.

• Empathy
Reactions: RNG
I just started this. I have 4k/60FPS. Everything maxed except shadows, with the usual shit turned off like CA and DoF. The texture work in this game is fucking-phenomenal.
GG are in a class of dev that vew few stand in. This is the first game where I turn on HDR and it looks beautiful out of the box. This is actually the second game I've ever played with HDR and boy have I been missing out. The game looks sharp everywhere, the ground textures, the foliage, the character models. Everything. This game and others like it are why we build these machines in the first place. The wait was worth it.

Edit: I also want to emphasize that I am using the newest Nvidia Studio Driver and I feel this game, though it is much better looking, graphically, than HZD, it performs better than HZD did when it had launched.

Last edited:

b0uncyfr0

[ 5600x and 7800xt ] 1440p, High Settings. All of the screen effects are off.

First hour in Im hitting 120 in some places, but averaging 85-95 with FSR 2.2.
With native 1440p, its around 80 average, though it did drop to low 70's in some areas.

Not bad, but i was hoping for better. Some tips/tricks so far:

- FSR and Xess introduce a lot of blur when in motion - turning Dof and motion blur off fixes that
- Xess performs worse than FSR (as usual on AMD cards)
- Xess and FSR look about the same. FSR has a halo effect on characters up close (aka cinematics)
- Default controls are sluggish at high FPS (xbox controller) - turn them up by at least 25%

Last edited:

amigastar

I have Horizon Zero Dawn in my Steam Library.
Is it good to start with Zero Dawn or should i straight jump to Forbidden West?
rofif rofif
Thats what i feared, that it's boring and overrated, hmm.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I have Horizon Zero Dawn in my Steam Library.
Is it good to start with Zero Dawn or should i straight jump to Forbidden West?
rofif rofif
Thats what i feared, that it's boring and overrated, hmm.
It's still very much worth palying. Don't get disencouraged.
It is more bloat and more busywork than the first one... and the story is kinda worse too.
But at least if you get tired of it, put it on easy and enjoy the graphics. Some side quests are good too but main story is a bit meh

also.
Horizon Forbidden Fun. The game is so fkn boring.
It looks incredible and it's one of these rare instances it is TOTALLY WORTH IT to play at least for graphics and world.
But the game about robot dinosaurs and space astronauts should not be this boring bruh
I recommend playing on the highest difficulty the first time around or it's super boring.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I recommend playing on the highest difficulty the first time around or it's super boring.
The game is not really difficult.
I played on normal and it was getting annoyed since I was underleveld by the end because I was skipping side quests and open world activities.
These end game mobs are very challenging

The game is not really difficult.
I played on normal and it was getting annoyed since I was underleveld by the end because I was skipping side quests and open world activities.
These end game mobs are very challenging
I agree. The end game was REALLY challenging and chaotic, too.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Hey uh...just picked up the game and played for like an hour or so...does Aloy literally talk you through everything for the entire game or does she shuttup after a while?

winjer

Gold Member
So far, it has less than half the peak concurrent players of the first game.
Maybe it can improve during the weekend.
ksgyk3j.png

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
ksgyk3j.png
Or not because people are waiting for DD2. Will probably peak at 40-45K over the weekend.

Holammer

ksgyk3j.png
Spend your shekels on Forbidden west, Dragon's 2 Dogma OR the hotness that is Helldivers 2?
PC players are spoiled for choice now.

Kacho

What they should have done was move out of the way of Dragon's Dogma 2. Oh well.

The game will ok over time through Steam sales and whatnot. The launch metrics will be underwhelming though.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
People saying it's not a good game or boring are crazy. May not be your genre but its par with Sony's best games. Last of us Etc. Yeah its got a different vibe but its a great game and storyline.

simpatico

Why is it a tough sell to pay full price for games?
Combination of genre and reception of the PS5 release. Which wasn’t bad, I just think it would be grossing more right now at $39.99. It took it out of “impulse buy” range. $60 is a dedicated purchase. Dragons Dogma 2 doesn’t help because genre and reception favor it greatly. RPG is almost always going to win over third person character game in the PC market.

Top Bottom