• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn Leaked Ending - 4Chan Rumour (Spoilers Ahead) - New Melee Gifs

I know its a spoiler thread, but it sounds like OP and some posts already spoil/hint at the twist. Dammit. May as well read it now.

Maybe it will make more sense after playing the game? Because yeah that's a strange choice.
And while it does seem stupid to include a choice in a game with a sequel hook, everyone's doing it so meh.
I'm hoping this is one of those cases where "the summary sounds worse than the execution," because that wasn't all that inspiring.

More concerned with sequel-baiting and how you can make those choices worthwhile anyways.

FelipeMGM

Everything is WestWorld :)

I spoiler tagged all the info , also i am pretty sure the melee gifs are new , trust me , i am all over the horizon.

Oh, not yours. I blazed trough your post really secure and with no problem. Other posts in the thread

That footage is instructions from the demo, so it represents stuff you do in the demo, thats why is not new, at least to me

Kazuo Hirai

I really want everyone to know how much more Titanfall 2 sold than Nioh. It was a staggering amount.
Optimistic :The Withcer 3+Monster Hunter

Pessimistic:The Withcer 3+Monster Hunter

Just combine different components

Tagyhag

If true, that's GG writing quality alright, even after someone here told me they hired writers from Obsidian.

To be honest though, I don't care if it's fake or not, story is one of the last things that I play a GG game for.

Read it because I'll probably forget by the time I'm able to finally play this. Sounds really cool. I honestly wasn't expecting
all the "humans" to be part machine. I did guess that Aloy herself was probably a machine or something a while back, though.

llehuty

The ending has Aloy basically choose between wiping out the robots or the bio-machines, since the robots were initially programmed by the original humans to wipe out the living creatures the bio-machines that yearned to live like humans hundreds of thousands of years ago feed off.

Zero Dawn is the name of the software found in a huge building in the Ancient Ruins that can shut off the beings roaming the world or your own race

Ermmm, I'm not sure I fully understand but,
why would the humans build robots to wipe the biomachines when there is a software capable of doing that? Why was that software created anyway?, by who? Seems like a stupid plot point just so they can act pretentious talking about the deep moral choice at the end.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
If that ending is true that is pretty much what I expected from the beginning.
"Aloy" what a twist!

But really I never expected Guerilla games to get the story right.

btags

Sounds real.

That's uh
kind of the basis of pretty much all robot stories

Fair point, but normally
only one or a few characters are a robot, not the entire cast of characters. If it is something like Battlestar Galactica, where the cylons are basically equivalent to organics, then it can make sense, but if the characters in this game are all gears ans springs beneath the skin it would be hard to take seriously.

Fair point, but normally
only one or a few characters are a robot, not the entire cast of characters. If it is something like Battlestar Galactica, where the cylons are basically equivalent to organics, then it can make sense, but if the characters in this game are all gears ans springs beneath the skin it would be hard to take seriously.

I would assume
they're organic bots. cylon or even westworld style but i doubt we could make that call now.

If there's gonna be a sequel sounds like
it'd be pretty different game regardless of which of the choices is canon, which is actually kinda obvious.

Horizon
Gold and Silver

I think it would have been a lot cooler if the twist was just integrated as part of the game's world. Like there are tribes of people who
believe themselves to be robots, or like the machines, and subject themselves to self mutilation and worship machines

That would make things ambiguous, and perhaps you could find clues in the world, and this would spin off fan theories. That's the kind of subtlety and mystery I was hoping for in this game.

Having it revealed as the twist hurts all that. I really just want a fully actualized world where there are all kinds of unique tribes, stories, mysteries like that, both of this new world and the old world. Hopefully the story still allows for that in the side quests and exploration.

on the plus side, it makes the history more interesting, but ultimately, if its something left for a sequel, this game sounds like one big set up for another game with more potential.

Which is fine for a new IP, but I do hope they can add a lot to the world of Horizon

Ushay

The melee impressed me more haha. That being said at least the ending is thought out, unlike many big budget games out there. Horizon continues to impress. Let's hope Gorilla Games can finally nail the illusive game play bug they have.

fantomena

Where folks in and around the games press write internal reviews for developers on current/near final dev builds to show how well it's likely to perform.

i believe its when you pay someone to review a game internally and that review doesn't go out to the public. so that the dev/publisher gets an idea of how they think a game is going to be received

Thanks, learned something new today.

Ehhh do I really want to click on this?

I mean unless reviews/Gaf impressions are overly glowing I doubt im going to pick this up. But I'm always hesitant about spoilers even for games I have no desire to play.

What a hilariously flaccid ending with
a stupid binary choice that is most likely going to be ignored when the sequels come out anyway.

Handy Fake

The mech animations are really a joy to behold. The one posted a few weeks back of the two large mechs launching themselves at each other was glorious to watch.

Ah man, thought the game was being very hyped due to it's lead writer?

I've been quite weary of the game due to a lack of faith in it's developer but a good story would have had me down cause the world does look down right beautiful.

Disappointing they've gone and triggered
mass effect 3 ending flashbacks
, the sequel could be interesting but don't see how they'd do it without
canonising and ending. In which case giving a choice in the first place is downright stupid as each decision would alter the sequel greatly.

Edit - Ah the main character is called Alloy. Haha, i guesss.

Top Bottom