• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn Leaked Ending - 4Chan Rumour (Spoilers Ahead) - New Melee Gifs

GamerJM

Banned
As someone who has no interest in playing this game, I have to say that actually sounds like a pretty neat twist. Definitely wouldn't have been one I think I would have figured out.

CloudWolf

Can't really comment on the ending without a context, I mean The Witcher 3's ending can sound pretty damn stupid without context, like
Ciri dies because you didn't have a snowball fight with her.
Well, honestly... from a narrative standpoint that was pretty damn stupid.
Basing Ciri's ultimate fate on how Geralt treats her is crazy, especially since she was never that dependent on Geralt to begin with and in the books Yennefer plays a much bigger part in her upbringing, while her role as a mother is pretty much forgotten in The Witcher 3 aside from two or three mentions when you bring Ciri to Kaer Morhen.

And that's not even mentioning that the entire concept of Ciri fighting The White Frost was incredibly stupid to start with, considering it's always described as an unstoppable force of nature. In the original story, Ciri (or more accurately, Ciri's child) was supposed to open up a portal so big that the entire population of the world would be able to flee The White Frost, CD Projekt RED said "fuck that" and decided Ciri could fight and defeat climate change, but only if Geralt treat her nicely of course.

Sanctuary

I've said it before but being long for the sake of being long kills a ton of games pacing, bloats their game design and in general is more often than not a negative to me. Give me something with greater focus, tighter mission structure and more entertaining things to do in the short term than just stretching things out for as long as possible.

Exactly. I don't want some boring, bloated game where you "discover" a bunch of junk items just to tick off 87/100 junk items found. That's not compelling gameplay, it's just filler, time wasting busywork that's not anything other than a glorified easter egg hunt. Even then, most times you don't even truly have to find them either since the map usually shows you exactly where to go. This whole recent trend of 100 hours of "gameplay" seriously needs to vanish. Most of the time spent to reach that supposed playing time is vapid. 20 - 30 hours tops is more than enough, especially if it's actually good. I'd want maybe up to 60 max if it is a legitimate RPG, but that's not what this is.

kyser73

Personally I don't think it Spoiled anything or given any Hint to what to expect , just makes you more curious. But i still marked it as a Spoiler.

Put it this way - I was able to infer more than I wanted too from that one word.

Not 'spoiled' but certainly more than I wanted to be able to guess.

vivekTO

my Personnel opinion on spoiling the ending ,

I think it didn't matter for me if its an open world Game , because they mostly rely on the Gameplay and execution aspects of how story unfolds. For linear games with heavy story driven content , there i can understand for the need for it , Like recently TLG(if eco will live or not)

but if anyone told me the ending of new Assassin creed Egypt game , it will not affect me much.

Now go on check the spoilers and discuss :p

About the Game length , If i spent 50 hours in a game , say fallout 4 (70+) , 40% of that is just roaming around looking at the environment , hoping to find something. The worlds need to be interesting rather been bloating it out with random quests and collectibles.

Put it this way - I was able to infer more than I wanted too from that one word.

Not 'spoiled' but certainly more than I wanted to be able to guess.

Sorry , I guess!!

martino

Well, honestly... from a narrative standpoint that was pretty damn stupid.
Basing Ciri's ultimate fate on how Geralt treats her is crazy, especially since she was never that dependent on Geralt to begin with and in the books Yennefer plays a much bigger part in her upbringing, while her role as a mother is pretty much forgotten in The Witcher 3 aside from two or three mentions when you bring Ciri to Kaer Morhen.

And that's not even mentioning that the entire concept of Ciri fighting The White Frost was incredibly stupid to start with, considering it's always described as an unstoppable force of nature. In the original story, Ciri (or more accurately, Ciri's child) was supposed to open up a portal so big that the entire population of the world would be able to flee The White Frost, CD Projekt RED said "fuck that" and decided Ciri could fight and defeat climate change, but only if Geralt treat her nicely of course.

Remember it's a game and you play a witcher (Geralt in it) ...
If you turn it the other way you could say the book title become more and more a bad choice with each new book because of how the lore is expansed and the role of Geralt in it.
to me, the first book is by far the best and can have that in witcher 3. you don't even need to play the main story

Razgreez

So,
the humans build robots to eradicate the half-human/half-robots, but they also have a device that can turn of the robots and the half-human/half-robots? Why the hell would they build the robots in the first place?

Seems more like
The humans develop more and more complex machines to the extent that they become sentient al-la the matrix i.e. while subservient initially they eventually deem humans to be inefficient, destructive etc. and decide to take control themselves.

After the war between humans and machines, which decimates most of the fauna on the planet, the victorious "machine rulers" decide to build rudimentary robots to fulfill the roles of the now extinct fauna. Over time their technology advances to point where they are able to develop completely organic machines - or perhaps they already reached that capability during the war. Realising the need for, or perhaps out of pure curiosity towards, humans, they therefore develop them and genetically program them so that they believe they are completely human.

The machines of course all appear interlinked and have perhaps developed a "fail state" switch/system in the event either they themselves or their creations, the new humans, become as corrupted as the original humans. The red corruption we see was/is likely a development of the original humans. A techno-organic virus which causes the machines to go bezerk - should this corruption spread vastly the need for the kill switch can be understood.

Or I could be completely off :D

Ugh I wanna read the spoilers but I don't. Ima buy it anyway and I'll definitely platinum it. Is it something that will shock me and make me wish I had just waited ?

Razgreez

Ugh I wanna read the spoilers but I don't. Ima buy it anyway and I'll definitely platinum it. Is it something that will shock me and make me wish I had just waited ?

Depends.

Do you place more emphasis on allowing the knowledge of the destination to affect your perspective of the potential journey yet to be experienced or,

do you prefer allowing the potential experience of the journey to mould your perspective of the destination.

Me? I don't mind spoilers. They don't affect my ability to enjoy anything and I've read enough books and seen enough films to know the ending of most scripts less than half the way through them. What I enjoy is less the destination reached but rather how well the story is told/conveyed and, where games are concerned, how well the gameplay aligns with that. It's all about the package delivered.

Lokimaru

Didn't look but why even Post this? Don't people like to be surprised anymore? I really don't get Spoiler culture, who wants to know the ending to a highly anticipated game they haven't even played yet.

Not going to spoil myself but I seriously just hope that the writing isn't as cliche as the trailers have indicated thus far (I haven't watched the newest trailer though, and I don't know how well it has been received). I didn't play New Vegas but I have to imagine that game had WAY better writing than everything Horizon has shown based on what GAF thinks.

The plot itself isnt really a big deal to me-the dialogue, world building, and mystery of it all is what I care about.

archvile7

Didn't look but why even Post this? Don't people like to be surprised anymore? I really don't get Spoiler culture, who wants to know the ending to a highly anticipated game they haven't even played yet.

You weren't here for the Phantom Pain spoiler thread, were you?

As an aside, I had a feeling how a game about mechanical dinosaurs featuring a main character called Aloy (ALLOY) would have a twist about her being a robot, or whatever. I have not been following this game at all and have had no interest in it yet was able to discern the "twist". Its's like they aren't even trying anymore.

Moaradin

I saw a dumb gif of a character dying and the animations looked awful. Was that an important part of the story or some random sidequest?

Top Bottom