• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn 2, Gran Turismo 7 and FF 16 (4Chan Leak)

This is from 4chan, take it with a massive grain of salt. 4chan usually contains fake leaks/fan theories but it also does have some legit leaks as well as we have experienced in the past. With that being said...

It turns our Horizon Zero Dawn 2 will be the opener of the event with 8 minutes of gameplay with a winter 2021 release date. Not sure if that means January/February 2021 or December 2021. I am gonna go with my original prediction of Q1 2021 for HZD 2 as I have predicted for quite some time personally.

Gran Turismo 7 will be present but without a release date. (This is expected at this point as the GT7 Trademark was filed/found a few days before the original PS5 event earlier last week)

Final Fantasy XVI will have a cinematic with a "1st on PS5" at the end end, similar to how FF 7 Remake was.

Take it how you want it, 1 day left, just trying to pass this day and have fun while I am at it and bring you all along with me on the hype.

Source -

Last edited:

Senua

Pretty likely and safe picks. I'll go with a yes!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Dark Oni

True, but I think its been in development for years now. They likely had it worked on shortly after FFXV or even before FFXV released. I also wonder if they are still using Unreal Real as I think they'll jump on Unreal 5.
maybe who knows but when they show a trailer usually that game is released 4-5 years down the line

Geki-D

Banned
-HZD2 & GT7 have been rumoured pretty much everywhere for ages.
-FF has been at every Sony console reveal at least in some form since the PS2.

More likely guess "leaks".

Rolla

Banned
The leaker uses the word "Winter" which immediately rules out his source/document as invalid. Publishers refer to that season as "holiday" and have done as long as I've been gaming.

Airbus Jr

Banned
I refuse to believe HZD2, GT7 and FF XVI is ready for release...day one..all coming in 2020 holiday.....

Its just felt too good to be true man...

If they said a new call of duty game, assasins creed valhala, FIFA, Godfall..and one or two weird new ip....that would be much more beliavable.....

Last edited:

AmuroChan

The first on PS5 for FFXVI makes me doubt this is true. Yes, FFVII-R was a timed exclusive, but that makes sense given the association between FFVII and PlayStation. Unless Sony is giving S-E a boatload of money, it doesn't make much sense for FFXVI to be a timed exclusive for PS5.

splattered

Everyone is hoping for HZD2 to be a launch title though... so cool if they show it but boo if it isn't ready at launch? I'd personally prefer that they take their time with it though.

Last edited:

EDMIX

maybe who knows but when they show a trailer usually that game is released 4-5 years down the line

Well....maybe. That was also before they started using Unreal Real Engine 4 on all their games and just transitioning luminous engine titles to Unreal. So I have no clue how much faster it will be with them just focusing on an existing engine, but I believe it will be faster.

Meowzers

As long as there's actual gameplay then I'll be happy. And I think we can rely on that being there.

Driveclub looked amazing on PS4 so you'd expect GT7 to really wow everyone.

Everyone is hoping for HZD2 to be a launch title though... so cool if they show it but boo if it isn't ready at launch? I'd personally prefer that they take their time with it though.
I highly doubt it'll be a launch title given the original took 6 years, not to mention the learning curve of new hardware,architecture,retooling/rebuilding the engine etc

Last edited:

Gravemind

Pretty safe picks, even if it's just another "guess". Not putting much stock into that leak, considering the source.

For the sake of conversation though... that would be a bit disapointing for me if these were the 3 biggest games at the showcase. HZD2 would be amazing to see, that would be an A+ reveal for sure. On the other hand though, I really couldnt care less about Final Fantasy and Gran Turismo.

If these really are the 3 big ticket reveals, then I hope there are some cool new IPs too.

Last edited:

EDMIX

I highly doubt it'll be a launch title given the original took 6 years, not to mention the learning curve of new hardware,architecture,retooling/rebuilding the engine etc

I don't think its a launch title either, but the original taking at long as it did was also because it was a new IP and for all we know the sequel is on a upgraded Decima engine.

So I'm not saying its launch, but I believe the turn around might be faster.

Dark Oni

Well....maybe. That was also before they started using Unreal Real Engine 4 on all their games and just transitioning luminous engine titles to Unreal. So I have no clue how much faster it will be with them just focusing on an existing engine, but I believe it will be faster.
let's hope so

Paracelsus

I refuse to believe HZD2, GT7 and FF XVI is ready for release...day one..all coming in 2020 holiday.....

Its just felt too good to be true man...

If they said a new call of duty game, assasins creed valhala, FIFA, Godfall..and one or two weird new ip....that would be much more beliavable.....

FFXVI would have to be made by a totally different team, which would be great actually.

Last edited:

Jbomb19

This is from 4chan, take it with a massive grain of salt. 4chan usually contains fake leaks/fan theories but it also does have some legit leaks as well as we have experienced in the past. With that being said...

It turns our Horizon Zero Dawn 2 will be the opener of the event with 8 minutes of gameplay with a winter 2021 release date. Not sure if that means January/February 2021 or December 2021. I am gonna go with my original prediction of Q1 2021 for HZD 2 as I have predicted for quite some time personally.

Gran Turismo 7 will be present but without a release date. (This is expected at this point as the GT7 Trademark was filed/found a few days before the original PS5 event earlier last week)

Final Fantasy XVI will have a cinematic with a "1st on PS5" at the end end, similar to how FF 7 Remake was.

Take it how you want it, 1 day left, just trying to pass this day and have fun while I am at it and bring you all along with me on the hype.

Source -

Im gonna fucking lose it over the HZD2 announcement. I only played Nintendo games until watching my husband play the first Horizon back in 2016. I was so into the story and gameplay that it led me to expand my gaming horizon and try other IPs outside Nintendo’s library. So glad I did and so grateful for Horizon Zero Dawn. Bring back my ginger warrior!

Psykodad

Banned
50-50 chance on this guess.
Pretty much, just like any rumor.

2nd time reading about a possible Q1 2021 release for HZD2 though. Imagine that.

But this could just be based on that earlier Q1 2021 rumor. Or they could be one and the same.
So back to 50/50. Lol

AlexxKidd

-HZD2 & GT7 have been rumoured pretty much everywhere for ages.
-FF has been at every Sony console reveal at least in some form since the PS2.

More likely guess "leaks".

Exactly. Though the "Horizon 2 opens the event with 8 minutes of gameplay" is oddly specific. I will give them ZERO credit if any of these games show as any doofus could make these guesses and quite frankly this site is a little too loose with letting bullshit "leaks" from questionable sources run rampant, but if the event opens with 8 minutes of Horizon 2, I will definitely acknowledge this then as that's actually specific info.

GAHT DAMN SONY COMIN THRU WITH THE NUKES!

Those are all top tier franchises. Notice the leak doesn't mention what is closing the show. I think we see those 3 plus God of War 2, Demons Souls, and SpiderMan 2. Then there are the multiplats like CoD and Batman.

24 hours and 17 minutes to go!

mortal

Gold Member
FFXVI would be very interesting. It's been over a decade since we've seen an entirely fresh mainline Final Fantasy announced. Vanilla FFXIV back in 2009 was the last one.

Sony has stressed that they want the games shown at the event to be running on PS5, so we might see some semblance of a game.
Knowing Square Enix's track record for announcements, it'll be 3-5 years out from release anyhow.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
In my opinion, Horizon Zero Dawn 2 (February 2022) and Gran Turismo 7 (Fall 2021) are guarantees. FFXVI is definitely a possibility and I wouldn't be surprised as one of the people I listen to and follow predicted it to be at the showcase and be a one year timed exclusive. I'm only going no because Square Enix still has to market FF7R for Xbox One next year and probably the next gen ports as well which will give them a lot of money where as FFXVI is a few years away and no real reason to show it. Square Enix would be better off on holding it until FF7R Episode 2 is ready to be shown as having both on a future show would be bigger and impactful than now.

Perrott

Gold Member
Final Fantasy XVI being a timed exclusive its something that I've been hearing about for a while.

Also, back in 2018, former SIE CEO John Kodera talked about how he was planning on getting some timed exclusivity deals signed with third-party developers and publishers in order to strengthen their PS5 lineup of games. FFXVI could be one of them.

Top Bottom