• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This is how Microsoft reacted to PS5's price hike ,Spencer on forced Horizon PS5 bundle and Sales momentum

Banjo64

cumsessed
Yeah, I saw these tweets and tbh if he's correct it actually sounds pretty worrying:

Makes it sound as if Phil is the only thing holding it together and I doubt he'll be there forever

You just wait until Sarah Bond takes over and Satya locks eyes with that cold, dead, empty-headed, robotic, vacant, expressionless face.

ZYFs3LZ.jpg

Oh shit yeah… Xbox will be fucked.

Topher

Gold Member
He is 100% right about the windows store. People complain about EGS and Uplay but they are both 10x better and more functional than the Xbox PC store. It’s mindblowing how bad it is. And this from the people who designed the fucking OS.

I too agree with him on that point. Windows store is an embarrassment. Entirely a half-assed effort for a store that is integrated into the OS.

As far as Xbox without Microsoft, that's just some useless day dreaming on his part because that will never happen.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
It's definitely uncanny valley but she's also kind of hot.

Am I a necrophiliac?

That is a remarkably bad pic of her but she’s def a good looking woman.

I too agree with him on that point. Windows store is an embarrassment. Entirely a half-assed effort for a store that is integrated into the OS.

As far as Xbox without Microsoft, that's just some useless day dreaming on his part because that will never happen.

Dude, there are games on gamepass that just refused to install on any drive. Some games only want to install to the C drive. Then after you install and launch a game you have to sign into Xbox again? Why? Pain in the ass when you’re playing on a tv and a controller. Just a really shitty experience top to bottom.

skit_data

That is a remarkably bad pic of her but she’s def a good looking woman.
Yeah, idk if it's botox injections or something but she definitely had more of a natural expression just a few years ago.
The last Xbox showcase was the first time the "hey, she looks like someone who really, really believes in Jesus"-thought crossed my mind.

I don't know where this should go so I'm just putting it here. Jez has lost it....

I normally like Jez and usually always read what he says and agree with most of his stuff. However, I think this one is an L and he needs to seek a mental institution or go on a social media break because it's poisoning his brain.

I'll agree with the Windows store, it's absolutely awful. But Xbox wouldn't be where they are today with all these studiou purchases if it wasn't for Microsoft's backing and financial aid..

Last edited:
Are pronouns in emails (see the CC) common in the US?
They are in the US tech industry which is centered around a few super woke areas like Silicon Valley (San Francisco Bay Area), Los Angeles, and Seattle. Microsoft is in Bellevue which is a city in the Seattle metro area.

Edgelord79

Gold Member
first time ive seen it in an email address like that.
It’s pushed very hard at my company. One way I managed to get around it is by explaining in an email I was very emotionally uncomfortable with being forced to identify myself with anything other than my name. I think I used terms like “safe space”.

Anyhow I immediately got an email saying it was ok and that there was support if I needed it. Nobody has bothered me since and in a sea of he/hims and she/hers, I get to just use my name and my position lol.

Incidentally I’ve seen hundred of emails using these pronouns and have yet to see a They/Them.

Closer

If nobody pushes back against this nonsense then it will only get worse.

I mean, if you think you are that important, more power to you lol. The way I think is you're gonna lose your job for something minor and gonna be replaced just fine.

Unknown?

I mean, if you think you are that important, more power to you lol. The way I think is you're gonna lose your job for something minor and gonna be replaced just fine.
Yeah, let's just let the pedophiles take over. The gender confusion of children and all this is way deeper than just some pronouns. This is just a tool to make people confused to exploit them.

Let's set that aside and pretend it doesn't exist. What makes you think this is okay to fire someone over?

Last edited:

Closer

Yeah, let's just let the pedophiles take over. The gender confusion of children and all this is way deeper than just some pronouns. This is just a tool to make people confused to exploit them.

Let's set that aside and pretend it doesn't exist. What makes you think this is okay to fire someone over?

Bro, we got pedophiles on both sides lol By your own distorted view, anyway you look at it, pedophiles won.

But letting this aside, the other poster said was gonna quit the job if asked to use pronouns on a freaking e-mail. Think about that lol

Last edited:
How did you guys go from talking about Microsoft PS5 reactions to talking about Pedos? Can we please get back on topic? Mod of War Mod of War

How did these emails even leak in the first place is the question.

Last edited:

Ozzie666

Wouldn't XBOX without Microsoft = Sega?

II'm a realist, know in my heart, unforutnately Microsoft will be the only game in town eventually, hopefgully not in my life time. Hopefully Nintendo holds out until the end. Can't stop Microsoft from spending big on Gamepass, even at losses.

Me: "These are interesting emails, I'm wondering how GAF will take MS's internal comments regarding Sony's strategies"

*Whole thread quickly veers off course into pronoun topic because of one person who was CC'd*
*Pronoun topic veers into pedo topic*

Pgl.gif

Btw, semi-hot take: Pronoun thread derails that keep leading to other discussions around politics(but not directly politics) feels like some weird forum cheat code for those who keep trying to discuss politics, on a forum where the rules state that we shouldn't discuss politics.

LRKD

Are pronouns in emails (see the CC) common in the US?
Not sure if it is 'common'. However, various companies have been pushing for it to be normalized internally. Some making it company polices and forcing it, others merely requesting it. At the current rate it certainly will be professionally in just a matter of time. Outside of a professional setting where your job is at stake, I imagine only the most mentally ill use pronouns in email.

Elysium44

Banned

Not me, I know I'm not important and if I was in that position I expect I'd have to lump it. But if someone is in a position to take a principled stance then more power to them. This whole thing, it isn't just about pronouns, that's just the thin end of the wedge. We are being expected to participate in a charade, to engage in pretending we believe things we know aren't true (like a man is a woman if he says he is) just for an easier life. That's not right, is it? As Theodore Dalrymple said:

In my study of communist societies, I came to the conclusion that the purpose of communist propaganda was not to persuade or convince, nor to inform, but to humiliate; and therefore, the less it corresponded to reality the better. When people are forced to remain silent when they are being told the most obvious lies, or even worse when they are forced to repeat the lies themselves, they lose once and for all their sense of probity. To assent to obvious lies is...in some small way to become evil oneself. One's standing to resist anything is thus eroded, and even destroyed. A society of emasculated liars is easy to control. I think if you examine political correctness, it has the same effect and is intended to.

sainraja

That was kind of my point. :D

I just tried to say that in the most simple way possible.

Anyway, they have all implemented policies and strategies based on what they think will make them money. It would be nice if any of the three would have policies that gamers think are "gamer-friendly" when they have the dominant position and they have mostly all disappointed there.

In terms of which company, where gaming is basically their bread and butter and therefore they are gaming focused, that'd be Nintendo first, Sony second (due to their PlayStation business being their most successful and profitable), and then Microsoft (Xbox, until now, had been their side hobby).

Last edited:

Cyborg

These emails prove one point and that is that MS will say anything to pass this deal. EU and US regulators are batshit crazy for allowing this

Top Bottom