• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn Leaked Ending - 4Chan Rumour (Spoilers Ahead) - New Melee Gifs

You sure do hang and dance on my opinions. This game hasn't done much for me, that's no secret. It's not that I'm hoping for it to fail so developers can't put food on their table/provide for their family. I was pretty sure this game was trying to sell people on visuals and little else, but that's not really new to GG.

Ah, that's disappointing. :/ At least the machines roam around but I was interested in seeing them interact with human enemies too.

I think that would be neat in a future game but these enemies seem to have rather complex attack patterns and unconventional weakpoints which could make programming appropriate AI too difficult. If they were faced with a choice of programming a human AI or more Monsters, they made the right choice. There's a strong connection to be made to Monster Hunter according to the 4Chan dude, so I can't say that I'm not looking forward to it. If people go in expecting Open World Monster Hunter, I don't think it'll be disappointing.

Okay, so
regular humans made the robo dinos to destroy living things that the human robots fed off? So they were at a point of no return and said fuck it to everything, because I think that normal humans need living things too.

BigEmil

You sure do hang and dance on my opinions. This game hasn't done much for me, that's no secret. It's not that I'm hoping for it to fail so developers can't put food on their table/provide for their family. I was pretty sure this game was trying to sell people on visuals and little else, but that's not really new to GG.
Never mind those you literally made a thread about Horizon will be disappointing lol

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1325814&page=1

Okay, so
regular humans made the robo dinos to destroy living things that the human robots fed off? So they were at a point of no return and said fuck it to everything, because I think that normal humans need living things too.

I imagine you're running into perfect sequel mystery territory. But if you want solution, any solution, here's one:
ancestors had/made a rocket/timeskull/gizmo to go to their colony/homeworld/sth, didn't want botpeople to follow them, perhaps botpeople were in fact an unintended effect of necrolution, so ancestors ended up making machines not susceptible to necrolution to keep botpeople in check

I feel like this something that will be either incredibly brilliant or incredibly incredibly stupid. I'll wait for the proper context and experience the story myself before I make judgement.

Yeah that seems pretty standard AAA sci-fi plot and twist. I spoiled myself cuz I figured it was going to be a
discovery of cycle + player choice to 'escape' the cycle
kinda thing anyway. Even if this is not real...I would put money on the ending/overall plot being comparable. Attack animations look dope though.

Memento

I feel like this something that will be either incredibly brilliant or incredibly incredibly stupid. I'll wait for the proper context and experience the story myself before I make judgement.

Why would you do that?

You need to judge it right now just from these leaked text without any context.

How dare would you use rationality?

I hope this game is fun to play because that story is not charring my tree

but anyway i guess it's all in the telling, hopefully it's executed well

Ridesh

Banned
Story sounds as uninspired as I was expecting from a Guerilla game, not surprised.

What disappoints me is reading that the secondary missions are variations of hunt that robot-animal.

Yeah, I guess I was anticipating the wrong game. I thought it's gonna be an RPG and as it turns out it's really not. And now it seems that it won't be heavy on narrative.

From what I hear, it's decent. There aren't any NPC travelers that roam around like Zelda or Ghost Recon it seems. Most of the life comes from the machines and the smaller creatures like rabbits or birds and the weather and graphical fidelity. Unfortunately on the Quest side of things, most quests according to the 4Chan dude to boil down to just hunting a machine (which is alright since fighting machines is the main draw of the game) but don't expect elaborate New Vegas Quests though perhaps the story attached to them will be neat.

So a average open world game, welp, better wait for a sale.

I imagine you're running into perfect sequel mystery territory. But if you want solution, any solution, here's one:
ancestors had/made a rocket/timeskull/gizmo to go to their colony/homeworld/sth, didn't want botpeople to follow them, perhaps botpeople were in fact an unintended effect of necrolution, so ancestors ended up making machines not susceptible to necrolution to keep botpeople in check

attack-on-titan-tribute-game-03-700x393.jpg

To soon?

LotusHD

Banned
From what I hear, it's decent. There aren't any NPC travelers that roam around like Zelda or Ghost Recon it seems. Most of the life comes from the machines and the smaller creatures like rabbits or birds and the weather and graphical fidelity. Unfortunately on the Quest side of things, most quests according to the 4Chan dude to boil down to just hunting a machine (which is alright since fighting machines is the main draw of the game) but don't expect elaborate New Vegas Quests though perhaps the story attached to them will be neat.

Oh. :(

I don't understand
If the robots were made to kill off the food human looking robots.... why is there a choice? Sounds pretty black and white from a narrative prospective. Is the idea she would be, righting wrongs or something. Even then the robots are killing life so I just can't follow this logic.

labx

Banned

Ugh this is a big NO-NO for me. Another FFXV bullshit sidequest system? Hell no. Why developers can't take note from games with great side quests: Witcher 3, Fallout New Vegas, GTA 5?

Ugh this is a big NO-NO for me. Another FFXV bullshit sidequest system? Hell no. Why developers can't take note from games with great side quests: Witcher 3, Fallout New Vegas, GTA 5?

Here's the Rub with your argument. FFXV's combat system had tons of issues and awful enemies. There was no real to little strategy to fighting those foes that wasn't a generic one that worked for nearly every foe. To contrast, if most of the foes in Horizon are like the Thunderjaw in complexity (and if they aren't the remixed enemy groups should be interesting) and there's a particular way the player plays to approaching different enemies. It doesn't need to be like New Vegas if the experience the player gets in the end is interesting.

ZoddGutts

I don't understand
If the robots were made to kill off the food human looking robots.... why is there a choice? Sounds pretty black and white from a narrative prospective. Is the idea she would be, righting wrongs or something. Even then the robots are killing life so I just can't follow this logic.

Well
Maybe she's different, regular human? Would make sense if she was the last surviving human who was in cryogenic freeze found by a robo human and raise it. Later she finds out what she is and what happened to her people, than that could lead to her to potentially killing the robo human kind in the final choice you're given.

steven28

I didn't read the ending spoilers but those other spoilers sound great to me,especially the
being able to hack and ride the flying robot
one,very excited to play it.

Everything shown of this game has been stellar, especially the gameplay...

VanWinkle

Honestly, it's really hard to tell whether this game will be good or not. The only thing I do know is I need to temper my expectations about its RPG-ness.

Also apparently some of the weapons not shown yet that you get are like the weapons dropped from some enemies apparently, and I really hope that isn't the case because that just seems to take away an exciting element from combat without adding anything (The Dynamic of breaking off an enemy weapon for your use).

The length sounds about what I expected,
20 hour campaign for an open world action-RPG is reasonable.
This was never going to be Witcher 3 and it never made sense to me why that became the baseline in past threads when something like a 3rd person Far Cry Primal is probably a much more accurate expectation.

People have some goofy expectations for this game.
There aren't any NPC travelers that roam around like Zelda.
What Zelda games, outside of specific quests like running man in OoT and a few ln MM, have roaming NPCs in the overworlds?

LotusHD

Banned
The length sounds about what I expected,
20 hour campaign for an open world action-RPG is reasonable.
This was never going to be Witcher 3 and it never made sense to me why that became the baseline in past threads when something like a 3rd person Far Cry Primal is probably a much more accurate expectation.

People have some goofy expectations for this game.What Zelda games, outside of specific quests like running man in OoT and a few ln MM, have roaming NPCs in the overworlds?

The length disappoints me slightly, but mainly I just want good quests.

Caboose

That sounds awful.

Sanctuary

Dat melee

Edit: also NOPE, wont read

Is both extremely unimpressive, yet also looks like it could still be fun in a "my first action game" kind of way. The melee always looked weak and as a secondary to the bow combat though. It has this really odd look as though it's trying to be deliberate like a Souls game, yet has the flash of a character action game in a stuttery kind of way.

The mech animations are really a joy to behold. The one posted a few weeks back of the two large mechs launching themselves at each other was glorious to watch.

While my own verdict is still out on the [specifically melee] combat, both the Zoids and their animations are just a feast for the eyes. Hell, as much of a gameplay first kind of person I am, I would probably be satisfied if the gameplay was only "okay" just to see the various robeast designs in action.

You spoiled it outside of the spoiler tags though? What's the point of tagging a wall of text with spoiler if you spoil the hell out of the game anyways with a single sentence inmediately after?

Anyways, melee animations where she magically slides 5 meters makes me think this is going to be a shallow and janky 7.5/10 where you spam square to melee and spam X to platform filled with fetch quests and bugs and critics will drool over it anyways because gameplay doesn't matter anymore. Which is exactly what I was expecting.

Please don't say stuff like this.
Because I'm trying hard NOT to think the same thing. :( This has the potential to be one of the first action adventure games that I'll enjoy on the PS4 that I can actually feel pretty confident in recommending to scrubby/casual friends long before God of War arrives.

Also yeah, way to spoil the ending directly after hiding the main "spoiler".

Top Bottom