• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea the effing Collector's is out of stock. I hope it's got some more in the pipeline because I want to buy it in the near future, like next month. I hope it's not run out, that steelbook is sexy AF.

Completely forgot I preordered this and just got the Amazon shipping notification. Hype!

Perfect timing - I'm about to put in 2-weeks notice at work and might take off a few days between jobs.

I haven't been on blackout but I have not watched any video other than the stuff shown at E3. The only other stuff I've heard was on the last Bombcast. When Jeff glows about a game like that (and give it five stars) that's a pretty good guarantee its going to be a GOTY contender for me. Can't wait.

Wait, so the camera is locked to the left shoulder side? No way to alter it to the right? This is like a super basic thing that almost any over-the-shoulder camera game has....

I vastly prefer using it on the right side (since I'm right handed).

Really hope that's something they can patch in.

Dynamic, when you aim down a bow the screen space is on your right, but exploring the environments sometimes it's on you left, sometimes your centered, sometimes to your right. In order to get it back to your right side you can push in the aim button and it will go there.

charpunk

Emailed Amazon asking why my copy is still sitting at their warehouse across the state waiting to be picked up by UPS. They said the tracking number originally attached to the order was invalid and gave me the same tracking number when I asked for the new one.

Kinda mad right now.

Hype gif, credit to therealminime:
lQ0OVcB.gif

Hype combat video, credit to MiamiWesker: https://vid.me/rAGi

WOH!!! This game has raised the bar for open world visuals even for PC. I can't believe it looks this good for a console that cost $399 with a weakass CPU. Kudos to GG. Sony exclusives keep delivering top notch visuals as usual.

Tovarisc

Can anyone drop uncompressed screenshot or two from nonPro version of the game? Curious how it looks because most of graphics hype seems to be about Pro version.

Tempted to go grab copy on Friday.

Edit:
WOH!!! This game has raised the bar for open world visuals even for PC. I can't believe it looks this good for a console that cost $399 with a weakass CPU. Kudos to GG. Sony exclusives keep delivering top notch visuals as usual.

Makes you wonder if GG's engine could deliver these visuals on PC considering engine is most likely tailor made just for PS4.

Stiler

Basic option every 3rd person game has? Since when? Also it isn't locked over left shoulder. Not sure what "rules" are, but at least during scanning and using bow it goes over right shoulder. Then at times seems like centered and in other places over left shoulder slightly.

OTS games have allowed this for years...almost 100% of the time you right click the right stick and it switches which shoulder the camera is positioned on, I can't remember a over the shoulder camera system that didn't allow this.

Off the top of my head:
Witcher 3
MGSV
Final Fantasy XV
Watch Dogs 2
Uncharted 4
Mafia III
etc.

xviper

just bought my copy, installing right now and it is taking longer than usual

this is gonna be an awesome day

Anyone preorder the game in store at Best Buy? I just got a email saying my order is read to pick up but I thought this was out Feb 28th. Is Best Buy letting peolle pick it up today ?

iFirez

Waking up at 5am to play 3 hours of this before work - can't wait. Yey for US PSN preorder in the UK. (Then going to try to cram in 5+ hours a night after work before the Switch and Zelda)

r3n4ud

While I do agree the visuals are great, lets not get carried away comparing this to pc visuals :/

While I do agree the visuals are great, lets not get carried away comparing this to pc visuals :/

oh really ... there are direct comparisons to PC here and I think many would agree HZ looks better. But then you also need to consider, it is on a far weaker machine, which makes it even more amazing that it looks this good for an open world game.

Tovarisc

oh really ... there are direct comparisons to PC here and I think many would agree HZ looks better. But then you also need to consider, it is on a far weaker machine, which makes it even more amazing that it looks this good for an open world game.

Is there? Links or should I go through all 17 pages? That TW3 vs. Horizon GIF comparison isn't that valid because huge resolution difference in GIF's.

r3n4ud

Why not? Horizon looks better than any other open world RPG in the market.
Nah guys, I'm not going to get into this debate. Let's just enjoy the game :)

Tyaren

Funny, I always was in awe when I saw that gif and I wished The Witcher 3 would have actually looked like this, hopefully it's PS5 remaster or something like that. Seeing it now, after a couple of hours playing Horizon, it doesn't impress me at all anymore. Horizon beats this in about all aspects. :)

Floody

Wow, it actually does hold up well to The Witcher 3 bullshot (In gif form anyway). I think W3 bullshot still looks better (just so much more going on), but I thought that level was still at least a generation away, amazed we already have an open world console game that isn't a million miles off.

Are there any good videos/articles out there for "things you really need to do early on to make the game better" or "things the game doesn't tell you that are really useful"?

Preferably spoiler free.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Well he isn't one who started throw around hyperbole how Horizon crushes PC games graphically.

Not considering 2014 indie game have this
ethan_carter_rocky_path.gif

but there is no way a console beat PC visually, ever.

For the hardware its impressive, sure, but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
Man why does UPS always have to deliver my shit ? They don't come to my house until 7-8PM. A game would easily fit in my mailbox via USPS, at least that way I'll get it around 1:30PM. It's going to suck waiting to play while everyone already has the game.

Anyone preorder the game in store at Best Buy? I just got a email saying my order is read to pick up but I thought this was out Feb 28th. Is Best Buy letting peolle pick it up today ?

Read the email or go to the site it say available Tuesday 28th. I tried and lost this battle before with them.

Floody

Not considering 2014 indie game have this
ethan_carter_rocky_path.gif

but there is no way a console beat PC visually, ever.

For the hardware its impressive, sure, but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Is there more than just walking in that? Because Everybody's Gone To The Rapture looks just as realistic on the PS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom