• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn - Preview Thread [Up: All Previews Live]

In the middle of rendering share-captured intro on ps4 pro. I'll upload to YouTube in a few minutes. I'll share the link in a quote to view fashion so it lasts longer online.

The voice acting is actually impressive to me. The weird Brom clip seems to be an anomaly for now.

Okay. There's nothing stopping my hype train right now.

And thanks for the impressions. Keep em up.

In the middle of rendering share-captured intro on ps4 pro. I'll upload to YouTube in a few minutes. I'll share the link in a quote to view fashion so it lasts longer online.

The voice acting is actually impressive to me. The weird Brom clip seems to be an anomaly for now.

Can you attack/kill friendly NPCs?

Chris Kay

Neo Member
I appreciate the comparison to other games with branching dialogue, however, the lack of facial animation anywhere above the lips is bothering me more than it should. I think I need to be immersed because watching clips of videos is not going to do it any justice.
I'm playing Blood and Wine right now and Witchers dialog cut scene animation is not brilliant either. It's better than Bethesda quality but it still seems off at times. But it doesn't bother me one bit. Immersion takes over and you don't notice it anymore.

From the previews I have seen, Horizon's dialog animation seems comparable to Witcher and better in some cases. I don't think it will end up being a dealbreaker.

vivekTO

Let the man play a couple of hours.

raw

The Lamp

Here's the intro captured with the Share feature on my PS4 Pro (my TV is not HDR, and it's only 1080p). Please quote to view.. It's still processing so it'll be up in a minute or two. EDIT: It's up.

I noticed a screen tear or two on the video that I did NOT notice while watching it live on my Pro.

Enjoy.

ajanke

Here's the intro captured with the Share feature on my PS4 Pro (my TV is not HDR, and it's only 1080p). Please quote to view.. It's still processing so it'll be up in a minute or two.

I noticed a screen tear or two on the video that I did NOT notice while watching it live on my Pro.

Enjoy.

I wanna watch so bad but I will wait to see it on my 4k tv lol. Thanks for this though. You the man Lamp.

The Lamp

It's amazing how much quality is lost on YouTube. Looking at the 1080p stream, there is still so much quality lost in compression. When it's playing on my Pro, the visuals are so smooth. The textures were so smooth and sharp.

Nice Opening, I think the Music and Visuals most of all are the standout here. It's haunting and beautiful.

Rost talking to Baby Aloy is bit odd since I think the scenery could have told everything after the moment about the naming ritual he said anyway up until the moment with the high matriarch but it's a decent narration to start the game off and the voice acting is good.

Yes. It's ridiculously pretty. Although I haven't seen vistas like the opening yet

After you get past the intro and into the meat of the game which is the open world, can you take some pics for us and upload them here? Nothing spoilery of course. Don't want to spoil the intro for myself.

dEvAnGeL

Here's the intro captured with the Share feature on my PS4 Pro (my TV is not HDR, and it's only 1080p). Please quote to view.. It's still processing so it'll be up in a minute or two. EDIT: It's up.

Enjoy.
Well, i hope that screen tear is no present on this game, it will surely kill the experience for me

dEvAnGeL

No fun allowed.

Your full of shit unless you can prove it. Everything I'v seen has not shown screen tearing.
Honestly, you have go on and start offending me for what reason? Cause i mentioned something that someone who has the game post it, did you even read the user i quoted? Jesus Christ

Top Bottom