• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn - Preview Thread [Up: All Previews Live]

vivekTO

I don't dare to set foot in there. :/

Please reconsider Lol

uQr2Cvc.png

Exquisik

Honestly, you have go on and start offending me for what reason? Cause i mentioned something that someone who has the game post it, did you even read the user i quoted? Jesus Christ

The Lamp specifically said "I noticed a screen tear or two on the video that I did NOT notice while watching it live on my Pro." That means there was an issue with the capture, not the game itself.

Elfstruck

So um, I couldn't contain myself so I decided to watch the opening. As for for those who have strong will, I'd advise you to wait and experience it first hand because it's really good.

Ok, but is spoiler tag not working?

It is but it's still a big spoiler on the some of the opening theme, and it's pretty easy to mis-click on spoiler tags sometimes... It's hard enough staying out of the spoiler thread and the temptation to look when people are saying it's wonderful is agony haha.

dEvAnGeL

The Lamp specifically said "I noticed a screen tear or two on the video that I did NOT notice while watching it live on my Pro." That means there was an issue with the capture, not the game itself.
And did you read my post? Did i confirm anything on it? The quickness of some users to assume things is mind blowing, either that or reading comprehension

Papacheeks

Banned
And did you read my post? Did i confirm anything on it? The quickness of some users to assume things is mind blowing, either that or reading comprehension

You made a un-researched remark. If the game didn't have ton;s of footage out in the wild on both pro, and regular PS4 no one would have said anything.

I apologize for saying your full of shit. But this game has had tons of coverage and has been analyzed by people like Digital Foundry in previews so when someone says, I hope the screen tearing is gone, people raise questions.

Is there anyone else in here that brought up screen tearing or any other preview?

No.

Also I wasn't being hostile as I made the No fun allowed remark. So sorry I guess...

It is but it's still a big spoiler on the some of the opening theme, and it's pretty easy to mis-click on spoiler tags sometimes... It's hard enough staying out of the spoiler thread and the temptation to look when people are saying it's wonderful is agony haha.

I'm dying here, i need more meaty previews.

Please, anyone with the game alreadyyy

Yeah, my bad. I forgot about that. I'll keep everything in the spoiler thread.

Mainly looking forward to some non spoilery shots of gameplay from pro, impressions of how it handles(gameplay), some experiences of different side quests... that sort of thing.

dEvAnGeL

You made a un-researched remark. If the game didn't have ton;s of footage out in the wild on both pro, and regular PS4 no one would have said anything.

I apologize for saying your full of shit. But this game has had tons of coverage and has been analyzed by people like Digital Foundry in previews so when someone says, I hope the screen tearing is gone, people raise questions.

Is there anyone else in here that brought up screen tearing or any other preview?

No.

Also I wasn't being hostile as I made the No fun allowed remark. So sorry I guess...
I only said that i hoped screen tearing was not present in the game, that's not a remark, also previews tend not to focus on that aspect of games, anyway, good riddance

The Lamp

Okay okay I just want to say that the game does not have anything like screen-tearing that I noticed while playing live on PS4. It's beautiful and smooth.

Here is the gameplay right after the intro cinematic. Again, quote to view. Captured on my non-HDR, 1080p TV using Share on PS4 Pro.. It should be done processing in a few minutes. EDIT: It's up

I'm also willing to upload these raw Share captures to some file download site if anyone wants to see what they look like without YouTube compression. I just need someone to recommend a site for me to use.

So is there a 16GB day one patch?

I only said that i hoped screen tearing was not present in the game, that's not a remark, also previews tend not to focus on that aspect of games, anyway, good riddance

I have seen hours of gameplay and I didn't come across any screen tearing.

Papacheeks

Banned

Well when Digital Foundry literally goes through raw gameplay footage and most of what has been shown is raw gameplay footage, then I don't know what to tell you then?

I don't want to be spoiled so I'm trying not to read anything on this, but did I make the right decision going all out and buying the collector's edition for this game??!!

Okay okay I just want to say that the game does not have anything like screen-tearing that I noticed while playing live on PS4. It's beautiful and smooth.

Here is the gameplay right after the intro cinematic. Again, quote to view. Captured on my non-HDR, 1080p TV using Share on PS4 Pro.. It should be done processing in a couple of minutes.

I'm also willing to upload these raw Share captures to some file download site if anyone wants to see what they look like without YouTube compression. I just need someone to recommend a site for me to use.

Two good image hosting sites:

https://cubeupload.com
http://abload.de

Here is the gameplay right after the intro cinematic. Again, quote to view. Captured on my non-HDR, 1080p TV using Share on PS4 Pro.. It should be done processing in a few minutes. I'll edit once it's up.

Mega?

Account still gets flagged for a copyright violation and so on. So I say we make the thread once we can use an account that people don't mind losing/having the violation on.
You are right, but that's why I am saying that we need back ups.

But Why only the Opening Sequence, Let collect some more videos and Stills.
also i don't think its a good idea to create a thread for the opening only.

I think it's a single thing that deserves it's own thread. For the other stuff we have the impression and spoiler thread.

Why though? Just discuss it in the spoiler thread.

I don't want to be spoiled any further?

Edit: Well then, no thread.

Top Bottom