• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn - Preview Thread [Up: All Previews Live]

Tyaren

The opening is gorgeous, beautifully told, beautiful graphics and beautiful music...but are we all really pretending that the voice acting matches the lip movement? ;) It is completely off. I wonder why no one mentioned this yet.

Oh, the video is down...

The Lamp

The opening is gorgeous, beautifully told, beautiful graphics and beautiful busic...but are we all really pretending that the voice acting machtes the lip movement? ;) It is completely off. I wonder why no one mentioned this yet.

Oh, the video is down...

I'm gonna rewatch because I feel like the capture video was a little delayed. I think it was more in synch during live play.

Portman

Thanks for the videos Lamp. The intro one has me super excited for the game now and I made it until 2 minutes in the other one and then stopped once the gameplay started. Now to just keep myself occupied for a little less than 2 weeks.

Hopefully they will be announcing an OST release for the game. I was always a fan of the music during the announcement trailer and what bit we've heard from The Lamp's videos is good too. I'm not sure what Sony's track record is on OST releases though so I might be getting my hopes up for nothing.

LuuKyK

No wonder Kojima chose the Decima Engine. Its pretty much perfect, only thing that looks weird is some of the hairstyles. Looks like ND got some competition now.

The opening is gorgeous, beautifully told, beautiful graphics and beautiful music...but are we all really pretending that the voice acting matches the lip movement? ;) It is completely off. I wonder why no one mentioned this yet.

Oh, the video is down...

There were some problems with the first video I believe. Watch the second one (the 11 minutes one), lipsyncing is perfect there.

Patapwn

When they wont take your grapes

Ine1AkaF_400x400.jpg

hbkdx12

I'm not trying to troll when i say this but i have no idea what this game is suppose to be about. I'm having a problem where i feel like all this game is promoting is "look how gorgeous and spacious this open world is and look at these mechanized dinosaurs!"

Mass Effect Andromeda has this same problem where i feel like the games aren't really doing anything to sell me on why i should care or be invested other then the fact that there are aspects about it that looks cool, and both these games come out in less than a month.

Is there any videos you guys would point someone to that was on the fence? I've seen the combat videos and again, they look cool but i'm always left with "Ok, now what?" once its over.

Kyoufu

I'm not trying to troll when i say this but i have no idea what this game is suppose to be about. I'm having a problem where i feel like all this game is promoting is "look how gorgeous and spacious this open world is and look at these mechanized dinosaurs!"

After a bunch of trailers and stage demos how do you not know what the game is about? Are you sure you're not trolling?

vivekTO

Mass Effect Andromeda has this same problem where i feel like the games aren't really doing anything to sell me on why i should care or be invested other then the fact that there are aspects about it that looks cool, and both these games come out in less than a month.

Is there any videos you guys would point someone to that was on the fence? I've seen the combat videos and again, they look cool but i'm always left with "Ok, now what?" once its over.

Check here ,

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=230382448&postcount=333

So was the impressions/non-spoiler thread merged with this one?
Yeah, I thought impressions would appear sooner and the thread just become another general discussion thread like this one. A few people are playing right now, so once they're a bit further in, I'll put up a new non-spoiler impressions thread

But rest assured, what has been discussed and shown so far looks great

ME is mostly about story, trailers are likely aimed at fans familiar with the franchise so far.

Horizon is a new IP. But some of the things being highlighted are

- strong tactical combat
- strong narrative
- open but dense world (not big for the sake of big)
- robot dinosaurs
- blend of modern game mechanics with new twist

Lots of coverage on horizon as well and some early copies out in the wild. Based on previews and early limited Impressions, horizon is shaping up to be special.

Yeah, it'll be split again when there are more impressions.

Yeah, I thought impressions would appear sooner and the thread just become another general discussion thread like this one. A few people are playing right now, so once they're a bit further in, I'll put up a new non-spoiler impressions thread

But rest assured, what has been discussed and shown so far looks great
:) thanks! I'll be around once the non-spoiler one pops up. Cheers!

Dabi

Any word on expected game length? Been trying my best to go on a blackout for this game but I really would like to know.

hbkdx12

After a bunch of trailers and stage demos how do you not know what the game is about? Are you sure you're not trolling?
I haven't been following the game since it's inception. I basically earmarked as something i'll pay attention as the release date gets closer. A lot of the preview stuff that's come out in the past week or so has focused on the gameplay elements like combat and crafting and rpg elements. All of which is fine but it seems like the narrative elements haven't been focused on too much. I know there was a huge info dump of spoilers not too long ago so i didn't want to go diggin to much in fear of ruining things but i'm just getting a "far cry primal + robotic dinosaurs" vibe when at the very least they seem to be suggesting there's more to it than that.

ME is mostly about story, trailers are likely aimed at fans familiar with the franchise so far.

Horizon is a new IP. But some of the things being highlighted are

- strong tactical combat
- strong narrative
- open but dense world (not big for the sake of big)
- robot dinosaurs
- blend of modern game mechanics with new twist

Lots of coverage on horizon as well and some early copies out in the wild. Based on previews and early limited Impressions, horizon is shaping up to be special.

Thanks for the help

Top Bottom