• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hot Shots Golf Fore! Public Beta

Well, the e-mail notifications have gone out, and the kits will arrive later this week via UPS... So use this thread to post your user names once you login.

Bog

Junior Ace
Good thing you guys are in the beta. You're gonna need all the practice to get anywhere near my scores.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I hope they extend the beta period for a couple days at least to make up for the delay

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Wario64 said:
I hope they extend the beta period for a couple days at least to make up for the delay

I was gonna say, doesn't it only run til the 28th?

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Not enough time... then you are going to see SCEA say we need to log in more play during a certain playtime like with Outbreak :p

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
levious said:
I was gonna say, doesn't it only run til the 28th?

23rd.

Betas usually come from Indianapolis, IN, right? UPS shows two packages arriving at my zip code with a date of July 9th. So I guess your betas should be coming in less than two days

[ On-Time ]
Scheduled Delivery: Jul 9, 2004

Shipped to: SAN JOSE, CA, US
Shipped or Billed on: Jul 7, 2004

Tracking Number: 1Z E41 542 02 6659 875 5
Service Type: 2ND DAY AIR
Weight: 1.00 Lb
Note: Your package is in the UPS system and is on-time with a scheduled delivery date of Jul 9, 2004.

Package Progress:

Date

Time

Activity

Jul 7, 2004

3:48 P.M.

LOUISVILLE, KY, US

DEPARTURE SCAN

2:23 P.M.

US

BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

8:49 A.M.

LOUISVILLE, KY, US

ARRIVAL SCAN

4:36 A.M.

INDIANAPOLIS, IN, US

DEPARTURE SCAN

2:21 A.M.

INDIANAPOLIS, IN, US

ORIGIN SCAN

Tracking results provided by UPS: Jul 7, 2004 4:11 P.M. Eastern Time (USA

How do you guys get in on beta testing PS2 games? Did you guys just buy the Network Adapter when it was first released? Or how could I get on the list?

bjork

More importantly, when does the game hit shelves? This is the next one I can buy for full retail and not feel buyer's remorse.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Someone in the beta check to see if you have packages coming from Indianapolis.

Go to http://www.ups.com/WebTracking/reference?loc=en_US

In reference number, put: 1

Put the appropriate shipping dates (use dates from yesterday to end of the week or so)
Under destination postal code, put your zip code
Put in United States as country
Finally, click on the checkbox to agree to the terms

Click on details on items you see coming to your area in the next 2-3 days and check the info

I GOT IT! HOLY SMOKES!

Played it for about two hours and here are my impressions so far:

GRAPHICS: Wow! I think I'm in Golf Heaven (aka Heaven)! It's so pretty, and the trees are moving all over when the wind blows. If the wind doesn't blow, then they don't move, but when it does it's really pretty. Each character is so detailed, you'd swear they were real (if it wasn't a cartoony game). The clubs look phenominal, too.

AUDIO: All in all, not too far from HSG3, the usual stuff. Sorta fun, light hearted, but I turned it off after a while cause I like to just hear me, the wind, and the birds and my golfing friends.

GAMEPLAY: I LOVE THIS PART! Any fan will feel instantly at home, so there's no need to really consult the documents, but I would do it if I were you, because there are a few tricks up there. . .

FUN FACTOR: I can't believe I'm typing this and not playing! What am I thinking! It's just a great, fun game. I might even skip my duties tomorrow and play this instead. If that seems crazy to you, you have not played these games before.

I did NOT go online, but maybe later. Any questions?

Arcticfox

I just checked to see if my R&C beta is on the way. There are 2 packages coming from Indianapolis to my zipcode that are due to arrive on the 9th.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
So you can play this offline? Cool...I guess you're the first one to get the beta cause I see no one else claiming any betas today

Wario64 said:
So you can play this offline? Cool...I guess you're the first one to get the beta cause I see no one else claiming any betas today

Not a lot, just one course and a few golfers, but man it is so fun.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Hmm, I got a couple of results, but I think this is mine:

[ On-Time ]
Scheduled Delivery: Jul 9, 2004

Shipped to: SAN DIMAS, CA, US
Shipped or Billed on: Jul 7, 2004

Tracking Number: 1Z E41 542 02 6415 805 5
Service Type: 2ND DAY AIR
Weight: 1.00 Lb
Note: Your package is in the UPS system and is on-time with a scheduled delivery date of Jul 9, 2004.

Package Progress:

Date

Time

Activity

Jul 7, 2004

4:05 P.M.

LOUISVILLE, KY, US

DEPARTURE SCAN

2:23 P.M.

US

BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

8:49 A.M.

LOUISVILLE, KY, US

ARRIVAL SCAN

4:36 A.M.

INDIANAPOLIS, IN, US

DEPARTURE SCAN

1:37 A.M.

INDIANAPOLIS, IN, US

ORIGIN SCAN

Rhage

It's only beta until the 23rd of this month? That's insanely short. Must just be a last minute test for their online infrastructure?

Big Bad Ramy said:
I did NOT go online, but maybe later. Any questions?

Well yeah.. Could you go online and give us impressions of that? We all either played the game or read impressions of it about a year ago now. The online addition is the exciting/new part. :D

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
The RE Outbreak beta only lasted for like 2-3 weeks too. And the game ships out next month, so it can't be that long

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
They're probably aren't many people online anyway. I still want to know how many live players it supports online. ~32 for tournaments but what about actually playing head to head?

CygnusXI

Im at work still :(

Maybe mine will be waiting for me...

Bad timing (mom and dad!!)... they are arriving tomorrow to visit for a few days ><
Ahhh.. Maybe wifey-poo will divert their attention... who am I kidding lol

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
A few people are starting to get their betas now

DSC00527.jpg

Sorry guys, too busy playing this baby... ONLINE! It's great! It's just a few of us right now, but man it's silky smooth and all that! BRB, gonna go PLAY!

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
online play in this utterly rocks.

It's just so much fun - especially the hundred player tournaments.

Only issue is , for us at least, you get insane Japanese players scoring 20-22 under par (!!!) pretty consistantly.

It's cool how you can chip in with abuse , cough, sneer, or applaud and encourage other players when you are in a mini tournament (2-4 players).

Awesome stuff.

Brofist

DCharlie said:
online play in this utterly rocks.

It's just so much fun - especially the hundred player tournaments.

Only issue is , for us at least, you get insane Japanese players scoring 20-22 under par (!!!) pretty consistantly.

It's cool how you can chip in with abuse , cough, sneer, or applaud and encourage other players when you are in a mini tournament (2-4 players).

Awesome stuff.

Is that from Minna no Golf online?

DCharlie

yup - from Mingol.

Is there any charge in the US version? That's the only thing that irked me about the Japanese version.

Brofist

How many courses are in it compared to MNG4 (JPN Ver. of course). A lot of people still playing online?

DCharlie

i haven't picked up Minna 4, but Mingol is based on Minna 3. Courses are the same as far as i'm aware, i think there is 1 extra course (??).

Online, i haven't played it online for months - too many charges building up.

but there was a fair number on when i was playing (4000 or so)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Hmm, my beta is now in San Jose....maybe it's coming here tomorrow? Fuck, I hope my sister or brother is awake if they come so they can sign it

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Jul 7, 2004

8:34 P.M.
OAKLAND, CA, US
ARRIVAL SCAN

7:06 P.M.
SAN JOSE, CA, US
DEPARTURE SCAN

5:15 P.M.
SAN JOSE, CA, US
ARRIVAL SCAN

WTF?

B'z-chan

Banned
acklame said:
where's my hsgf beta? oh wait, it's not coming :(

Yeah get on the train cause boys we be coming. heres comes the pain train. I'm bring my 3 wood and 6 iron (i like the feel) so be ready cause i might just be coming to your door.

Got mine this morning. The single player is very limited, so I jumped online, nobody had started a tournament, so I fired one up.

My name on here is ZootedGranny.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Shit, my package is in transit right now and I'm most likely gonna miss the package. Noooooooo

ToyMachine228 said:
How do you guys get in on beta testing PS2 games? Did you guys just buy the Network Adapter when it was first released? Or how could I get on the list?

Yes! Stop keeping it all to yourselves!

Wario64 said:
Shit, my package is in transit right now and I'm most likely gonna miss the package. Noooooooo

My UPS guy just left it inside my screen door and took off. Then again, if you live in an apartment, I can see the situation.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Mister Zimbu said:
Yes! Stop keeping it all to yourselves!

join Playstation Underground and/or Gamers Advisory Panel... make sure to click the beta option on your profile.

I believe I got on this list after registering my network adapter, which I had bought the month it came out.

I didn't start getting beta offers until Monster Hunter though.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
ZootedGranny said:
My UPS guy just left it inside my screen door and took off. Then again, if you live in an apartment, I can see the situation.

I thought you needed to sign the package to receive it? That's how my Socom 2 beta was delivered. Signature required. And no, I don't live in an apartment

I misssed my Socom 2 beta delivery and had to pick it up the next day

To get in beta testing, sign up as a Playstation Underground member and register your network adaptor. Then in your profile, click the checkbox that says "Yes I'd like to beta test games"

DMczaf

Wario64 said:
To get in beta testing, sign up as a Playstation Underground member and register your network adaptor. Then in your profile, click the checkbox that says "Yes I'd like to beta test games"

They need a "Will Beta Test crap?" check box so I wont get sent games like Monster Hunter. :(

Give me Hot Shots Golf or R&C3!!1111

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I wish they could give you a list of companies you'd like to beta test games from. I would have Capcom unchecked definately :p

ZootedGranny said:
I believe I got on this list after registering my network adapter, which I had bought the month it came out.

I didn't start getting beta offers until Monster Hunter though.

Let's play later OKAY?

My beta just arrived. :)

You guys can find me as, what else, WasabiKing.

We should all pick a lobby to crash... 23 anyone?

Top Bottom