• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How can Microsoft look at their current upcoming lineup and feel content with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elfstruck

?????

I wouldn't worry nothing can be as bad as Sony's 2015 offerings and they did ok. Last year they had almost nothing exclusive at the holiday season.

Ah....the PS4 has no games because they don't release them during the holiday typical comment.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Sony have a tendency of announcing games extremely early, it's smart because it gets people hyped, but if you actually look at their 2017 line up, it's lacking so far:

Everybody's Golf 7
Gran Turismo Sport
Gravity Rush 2
Horizon Zero Dawn
MLB The Show 17
Nioh (Worldwide except Japan)
WipEout Omega Collection

and Microsoft's are:

Crackdown 3
Halo Wars 2
Phantom Dust
Sea of Thieves
Scalebound
State of Decay 2
Fable Fortune

(according to Wikipedia)

That 2017 line up, plus having a better 2016 than Sony, I think they're doing fine.

Missing Nier for PS4 and cuphead for Xbox one

DocSeuss

I mean, I understand what you are saying...but I was talking about reveals in general.

I'm explaining how Microsoft handles reveals/why they're doing what they're doing.

I think they do it better because it's way more hones. They're usually showing actual gameplay, not CGI, and they tend to be VERY clear about where the game is going; Sony's been ACTIVELY making confusing messaging about whether games will come to PC or not. They have bad CG trailers. They pay for exclusivity on stuff like demos, which is really frustrating, especially combined with obfuscated messaging. They take credit for games that aren't theirs (FF, Shenmue, etc).

*Since Microsoft acquired them I assume you mean

No, Rare never made a better game than Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise, in their entire existence. Including Conker.

Death Stranding being at both E3 and PSX was one of the worst recent examples of this.

Yuuuup. I mean, I love Kojima and all, but it's just CG exploited for marketing right now. They're not telling us anything about the games or anything. It's just "hey, Sony, we're associated with greatness, buy our stuff!"

This is a corporation that averages the lowest metascore of the first parties, what, every single year? Their games just aren't that great, for the most part. They've always relied on third party studios do push neat stuff for them. Like how the PS2 was basically the GTA/FF/DMC machine back in the day. They push out cliche narratives with Naughty Dog, bad shooters with Guerilla, and Gran Turismo's a sluggish mess that never bothered to catch up with Forza.

Like, I'm frustrated and disappointed with Microsoft for so many reasons. I would love to have a nice big rant on how Microsoft, as a first party, can address and solve a lot of the problems that they're facing right now. But when people act like somehow Sony is better thanks to subpar games and dishonest reveals, it frustraaaaates me so much.

Missing Nier for PS4 and cuphead for Xbox one

Both of those games are going to be available on Steam.

Wedzi

Banned
Sony, historically, shows CG content or unrepresentative footage (ahem, No Man's Sky) years in advance of what's actually going on. They repeat this time and time again. Or they do stuff like revealing stuff that isn't really theirs, but paid exclusive stuff (like the RE7 demo, which was a paid exclusive demo, for some reason).

Microsoft has recently employed a habit of only showing stuff that's coming out in the near future. Sony will be like "aww yeah, this thing's coming out in three years, get hype!" and Microsoft has gotten increasingly good at only showing stuff they've got release dates for. It's stuff that's been locked in. There's still some holdovers from Mattrick's era (Crackdown 3, Scalebound), but he's not running the show now. I think Rare's Sea of Thieves is the only major game announced this year that Microsoft doesn't have dated? Might have that wrong.

Where we're at right now... Sony basically has nothing, right? Like, nothing at their E3 showing came this year with the exception of The Last Guardian, if I remember right. We've got... what on the horizon, with a firm release date, other than, y'know, Horizon?

I think Microsoft, right now, has an issue with generating player excitement for their games. They've been really good about providing the better console experience, especially with 360 compatibility, better monthly games, and so forth, but their library needs to move beyond the old standbys (Halo, Gears, Forza) and start pushing some new AAA surprises. Something to compete with Assassin's Creed would be the right move.

Rare never made a game better than Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts.

ftfy

Banned
You could agree that those games taking so long is why Microsoft doesn't show stuff far outside from those and a tease of halo and gears.
That was my point. They don't want to do that again. Showing games early never works out for either party.

I'd still love to see the numbers on Legends. Seems like they poured so much into it and it was nearly done they might as well have put it out there, even if they shuttered it all of six months later if it was a disappointment.

It seemed like season 1 was all but finished for Legends. I speculate they were worried about sustaining the game post launch. A game like that would need good post launch support. Making new quests/dungeons would have been far more expensive/time consuming than making a map for a FPS for example. But yeah, a lot of money was poured into the game obviously (it was one of the better looking titles this generation). I wish they would have risked it. While there are other asymmetric games, there's really nothing like it right now, would have been interesting.

Iced Arcade

meh I personally tend to prefer xbox exclusives over sony's but that's my preference... and I'm definitely not lacking.

I also prefer when they don't show games that are years away, seems like a waste to me.

QEFy5C2.jpg

Yep.

Doomsday hype.

Personally, all I care about next year is State of Decay 2. Everything else is gravy.

Draconian

...yeah this is pretty much where I'm at. People still underestimate the damage caused by Mattrick's awful vision. That man single-handedly massacred the brand. Honestly felt like it was headed in that direction in the later 360 years as well. There's a reason he's not doing this type of thing anymore. Also keep in mind that, as said earlier by another poster, you need third party marketing to get and stay ahead. The Call of Duty deal was huge and getting exclusive content for stuff like Destiny was big too. In the end it's not about first party games generating sales, or at least it doesn't feel that way anymore.

As for the actual exclusives, I've preferred Microsoft's offerings so far. But I do believe that 2017 is the year we look back on as when Sony really took over. I'm only mildly interested in Horizon (conversely I'm excited for Scalebound and Halo Wars 2), but FFVII:R and Shenmue 3 were bombshells and those two alone will put Sony out of reach in console sales, not that they aren't already. Plus I think Microsoft will have a couple of big announcements up their sleeves. I imagine there will be some kind of big game advertised alongside the Scorpio...maybe that's Crackdown, but we'll see.

Lastly I'll say that Sony owns the console indie front. That alone deserves to be a major selling point for the system. Sony has done a great job and I think that's why microsoft shifted away from "xbox as a console" and has started moving more towards xbox as a service. Buy once, play anywhere, and future proofing game compatibility goes a long way towards that. Still, let's wait and see how well either company's exclusives perform before we anoint them.

I wanna live on this planet where Shenmue 3 is moving consoles in large numbers.

Papacheeks

Banned
Sony, historically, shows CG content or unrepresentative footage (ahem, No Man's Sky) years in advance of what's actually going on. They repeat this time and time again. Or they do stuff like revealing stuff that isn't really theirs, but paid exclusive stuff (like the RE7 demo, which was a paid exclusive demo, for some reason).

Microsoft has recently employed a habit of only showing stuff that's coming out in the near future. Sony will be like "aww yeah, this thing's coming out in three years, get hype!" and Microsoft has gotten increasingly good at only showing stuff they've got release dates for. It's stuff that's been locked in. There's still some holdovers from Mattrick's era (Crackdown 3, Scalebound), but he's not running the show now. I think Rare's Sea of Thieves is the only major game announced this year that Microsoft doesn't have dated? Might have that wrong.

Where we're at right now... Sony basically has nothing, right? Like, nothing at their E3 showing came this year with the exception of The Last Guardian, if I remember right. We've got... what on the horizon, with a firm release date, other than, y'know, Horizon?

I think Microsoft, right now, has an issue with generating player excitement for their games. They've been really good about providing the better console experience, especially with 360 compatibility, better monthly games, and so forth, but their library needs to move beyond the old standbys (Halo, Gears, Forza) and start pushing some new AAA surprises. Something to compete with Assassin's Creed would be the right move.

Rare never made a game better than the Viva Pinata games.

Spiderman at E3 was mostly a trailer that was in game gameplay, you could tell from the way it looked and it's camera. God of war was all gameplay, So was almost everything horizon has shown. Gran turismo is gameplay mostly and that's also next year. I agree they show games that are in too early of a state like at PSX they showed TLOU part 2, but came out and said straight up that it was in super early development.

I get what your saying. But there are more games second and third party exclusive coming to PS4 than xbox period and mainly because those second/third party are coming from Japan. You can put the blame on Sony for money hating, or on Microsoft by not having a good presence in Japanese games. I think scalebound is like the only game I;ve seen they have been promoting heavily.

I think the major thing Xbox lacks now that the 360 had were the big indie exclusives. There's still a few but very few, like Cuphead and Ori which they have to fund to keep exclusive. Back in the 360 days they had exclusives without even trying.

The big ones xbox will be missing out on in the coming year that I can think of off the top of my head are Vane, What Remains of Edith Finch, Cosmic Star Heroine, and Pyre.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I've been hearing for the past few years that all those games on PS4 don't count cause they are niche and japanese and not AAA and other such nonsense

Its hard to fathom. I'm glad people are seeing that those games matter.

Not to take away from MS, they have plenty of great games on their platform as well, but content matters, establishing partnerships and building community also matters.

I can tell you right now that Scorpio is not what MS needs to do to head in that direction.

That was my point. They don't want to do that again. Showing games early never works out for either party.

I actually think a balance works well. I generally prefer Microsofts current approach, but people don't mind waiting for something exciting (as long as it's not overplayed, which Sony are certainly guilty of). Drop a bomb or two if you've got them, it helps build positive buzz.

Wedzi

Banned
It was interesting watching a topic similar to this blow up on the Xbox One subreddit a few days ago. Some Xbox fans are wanting MS to try to cultivate more first party studios but I just don't think that's really their game plan. More likely doing stuff like KI, Scalebound, Halo Wars 2; partnering with second party developers to create and develop new and existing IP.

Links for those interested:
https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/5ghhco/just_to_inform_people_here_is_a_list_of/
https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/5gd586/we_need_more_ambitious_xbox_exclusives/

But what do I know I just want new gamerpics. Tired of using that stupid banana

Papacheeks

Banned
I've ben hearing for the past few years that all those games on PS4 don't count cause they are niche and japanese and not AAA and other such nonsense

Not to take away from MS, they have plenty of great games on their platform as well, but content matters, establishing partnerships and building community also matters.

I can tell you right now that Scorpio is not what MS needs to do to head in that direction.

This ^

Hardware isn't going to magically help them. They Fucked up back in 360 days not keeping good relations, and trying to expand in meaningful markets. Sony kept on trucking, and like a lot of people had issues, and lost some studios in the process, but kept relationships they've built over time intact.

docyoe

Sony have a tendency of announcing games extremely early, it's smart because it gets people hyped, but if you actually look at their 2017 line up, it's lacking so far:

Everybody's Golf 7
Gran Turismo Sport
Gravity Rush 2
Horizon Zero Dawn
MLB The Show 17
WipEout Omega Collection

and Microsoft's are:

Crackdown 3
Halo Wars 2
Phantom Dust
Sea of Thieves
Scalebound
State of Decay 2
Fable Fortune

(according to Wikipedia)

That 2017 line up, plus having a better 2016 than Sony, I think they're doing fine.
I am pretty sure you missed a couple of ps4 games:
Crash Bandicoot
Nier
Yakuza 0
Hellblade
Persona 5
Detroit
Ni no Kuni 2
Dreams
and a couple of remasters

Luminaire

I've ben hearing for the past few years that all those games on PS4 don't count cause they are niche and japanese and not AAA and other such nonsense

who needs games when you have 6teraflops?

On a more serious note, XBO doesn't feel like it has much of an identity other than the Halo/Gears/Forza machine.

Skeeter49

Everybody's Golf 7
Gran Turismo Sport
Gravity Rush 2
Horizon Zero Dawn
MLB The Show 17
WipEout Omega Collection

and Microsoft's are:

Crackdown 3
Halo Wars 2
Phantom Dust
Sea of Thieves
Scalebound
State of Decay 2
Fable Fortune

(according to Wikipedia)

I know not confirmed, but I'd be shocked and concerned if Detroit didn't hit 2017. Might as well tick Forza for a Xbox.

Papacheeks

Banned

On a more serious note, XBO doesn't feel like it has much of an identity other than the Halo/Gears/Forza machine.

Yup!

It sucks because the 360, and OG XBOX had an identity with cool niche games on top of great franchises.

I think what you also need to to consider is that imo the last couple of years of the 360 were really weak in terms of quantity and variety while PS3 was knocking it out of the park. I think that has a large part in the shift this gen.

This so much.

I was so invested in the 360 and the original(both launch day buys) . Microsoft were saying all the right things to me.

I actually didn't mind the digital future Microsoft were planning. I haven't sold a game in decades. But it felt like they were only trying to sell it to a certain demograph and it wasn't me.

This is coming off a terrible few years towards the end of 360 while Sony were doing wonders on the PS3 (of course that bit Sony on the ass in the early ps4 days).

I don't dislike the Xbox games but it just feels easy not to own. I am tempted to pick one up but only because I have a few friends that didn't change to ps4 this gen, not because I feel I'm missing out.

I really hope Microsoft have a few surprises in store for the Scorpio launch.

MS had a perfect opportunity to capitalize on Sony's first party gaps the last 3 years of this console cycle, but they didn't plant the right seeds. Sony's first party is starting to pick up steam now and MS is going to pay the price.
They have never genuinely tried to capitalize on investing in studios the way Sony has and it shows. It has shown for years and only shows more now.

Microsoft always tries to take shortcuts because they don't think long term. Doc exclusivity was their big thing half the time last gen. Buying gta IV dlc timed exclusivity. That shit does not matter down the road when the other guy is investing in unique and excellent content that will only continue to grow later. Same old fucking story at xbox.

yyr

Because they know that the PS4 library and X1 library overlap to a very large extent.

Because more great exclusives are coming. Maybe not as many as on PS4, but they're totally different and may appeal to their audience.

Because backwards compatibility is delivering more great exclusives every week. Old ones, sure, but it's icing on the X1 cake and helps keep their audience engaged.

Because they've delivered a great product in the X1S, because Scorpio is coming next year, because they're turning things around in the regions that matter most to them and they're not looking back.

Considering where they were a few years ago, they're probably somewhat content right now, and trying hard to work towards an even better place.

Personally, I use my X1 every day, and would not terribly miss my PS4 if I got rid of it, except that I'll need it for Shenmue 3 eventually. Different strokes for different folks, after all.

Skeeter49

I've been hearing for the past few years that all those games on PS4 don't count cause they are niche and japanese and not AAA and other such nonsense

PSX has been the best thing for Japan games at bringing their existence into awareness beyond the crowd just searching for them.

Leflus

Eh. Maybe if you don't own the console or haven't bothered to look into the games that are available on it.

One could easily reduce the other consoles to a handful of franchises as well.

This ^

Hardware isn't going to magically help them. They Fucked up back in 360 days not keeping good relations, and trying to expand in meaningful markets. Sony kept on trucking, and like a lot of people had issues, and lost some studios in the process, but kept relationships they've built over time intact.
They need both the hardware and the games. It is possible to do both. Question is if the Xbox division is allowed to spend the money it needs to do so.

It was interesting watching a topic similar to this blow up on the Xbox One subreddit a few days ago. Some Xbox fans are wanting MS to try to cultivate more first party studios but I just don't think that's really their game plan. More likely doing stuff like KI, Scalebound, Halo Wars 2; partnering with second party developers to create and develop new and existing IP.

Links for those interested:
https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/5ghhco/just_to_inform_people_here_is_a_list_of/
https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/5gd586/we_need_more_ambitious_xbox_exclusives/

But what do I know I just want new gamerpics. Tired of using that stupid banana
While new internal studios would be cool, I don't really see the issue with teaming up with external developers. A lot of Xbox' best games came from partnerships with independent devs: Fable (1), PGR series, Gears series, Forza Horizon series, Ori, etc. They just need to be willing to take a chance.

Yuuuup. I mean, I love Kojima and all, but it's just CG exploited for marketing right now. They're not telling us anything about the games or anything. It's just "hey, Sony, we're associated with greatness, buy our stuff!"

This is a corporation that averages the lowest metascore of the first parties, what, every single year? Their games just aren't that great, for the most part. They've always relied on third party studios do push neat stuff for them. Like how the PS2 was basically the GTA/FF/DMC machine back in the day. They push out cliche narratives with Naughty Dog, bad shooters with Guerilla, and Gran Turismo's a sluggish mess that never bothered to catch up with Forza.

Like, I'm frustrated and disappointed with Microsoft for so many reasons. I would love to have a nice big rant on how Microsoft, as a first party, can address and solve a lot of the problems that they're facing right now. But when people act like somehow Sony is better thanks to subpar games and dishonest reveals, it frustraaaaates me so much.

Sony's investment into cinematic story driven games that are real lookers has been a big force behind their hype machine, I feel. Even raw sewerage like Killzone SF and The Order 1886 generated serious hype and helped them "win conferences". When 2/3 of their lineup disappoints on release it doesn't matter so much because there's a few high profile wins (Uncharted is a reliable crowd-pleaser for instance) and the hype train for games that won't be coming out for 18-24 months has already started.

On thing I can't dispute though is Microsoft has real fucking issues making the gaming community excited for much of anything. It's like there's this air of inferiority around everything they do, even though in the final reckoning their games are often quite good. They need to keep trying with new IPs until they can gets something fresh, and some real prestige projects that can get people excited.

There's nothing wrong with liking their games under MS. Opinions are opinions after all. But would you honestly say Rare up to now have been utilized how you would've wanted them to be utilized?
i honestly don't know. i think the transition to microsoft was rough and really hurt rare. the gamecube/xbox era is the real low point for them i think. if that hadn't happened maybe they'd be better. but it's not like they're in a terrible position

_Clash_

I dunno OP,

Sea of Thieves, Scalebound and Cuphead all look pretty amaze.

maybe their exclusives hit my demographic bang on but it excites me more than the equivalent Sony exclusives.

PSX has made everyone go crazy

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
MS continues to apply what used to work in the 360 era.
Capitalize on surefire fanbase franchises, more or less annualized, and for the rest rely on marketing/ temp exclusives with 3rd parties.

I too kinda think they missed an opportunity to spread their titles and challenge Sony outside of Q4, but with an in-house dev capacity so focused on specific franchises (and frankly quite a bit smaller than WWS in number of # of studios afaik), you can only do so much.

Sony also benefits from "natural" exclusives fromn Japan due to the small XB1 install base there and the relatively low interest of the XB fanbase in the west for said titles. I mean, 80-20% for FFXV apparently...

Now, we'll have to see what happens with delays, but.. yeah. In theory 2017 should be an insane year on PS4.

In theory.

Where are these numbers from? If true, no wonder SE have given up on the Xbone.

I think Xbox one launch lineup was more diverse.
Golf game, sim, hack and slash, rail shooter, adventure, fighting game, lots of variety.
That's on Don Mattrick right?

Ol Mattrick. Phil Spencer's personal whipping boy. Folks will still be blaming him for Xbox issues 4 years from now.

I'm explaining how Microsoft handles reveals/why they're doing what they're doing.

I think they do it better because it's way more hones. They're usually showing actual gameplay, not CGI, and they tend to be VERY clear about where the game is going; Sony's been ACTIVELY making confusing messaging about whether games will come to PC or not. They have bad CG trailers. They pay for exclusivity on stuff like demos, which is really frustrating, especially combined with obfuscated messaging. They take credit for games that aren't theirs (FF, Shenmue, etc).

No, Rare never made a better game than Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise, in their entire existence. Including Conker.

Both of those games are going to be available on Steam.
I like a lot of Microsoft's output but you're giving them way too much credit on their reveals.

Recore, Crackdown 3, Scalebound, Sunset Overdrive, Halo Wars 2, Halo 5, State of Decay 2 all had cg reveals. On average it would take around a year or more for gameplay footage to be revealed.

Quantum Break, Crackdown 3 and Scalebound have or will likely be released 3 years after reveal.

Cg trailers were shown for Shangheist which didn't have an official name and a Phantom Dust remake before they were cancelled.

I dunno OP,

Sea of Thieves, Scalebound and Cuphead all look pretty amaze.

maybe their exclusives hit my demographic bang on but it excites me more than the equivalent Sony exclusives.

PSX has made everyone go crazy
I think xbox needs new big hitters, I really want to play TLOU, UC, infamous, and GOW4 lol

I mean, you say these things as if they're objective facts. But you finding Sony's first party output to be not great is entirely your own particular opinion, and nothing else.

Which is fine. But there are more eloquent ways to display that than your posts in this thread.

Anyway, more diversity in Microsoft's lineup would be fantastic. We're nowhere near the rut that was the 360's final couple of years, but it still could be so much better.

It's a shame really.

MS when they try can release some pretty interesting stuff.

ReCore and Ryse comes to mind (yes I liked Ryse), Sunset Overdrive was a nice attempt even though I wasn't that much amazed by it. Rare Replay was a nice initiative and great value for the price and QB seems to be good (need to get on that ASAP).

The problem is, I feel like they're so few and far between, as of now the only 2 games I'm looking forward are Scalebound and State of Decay 2 and I just don't see it changing that much.

Whereas on PS4 it's just constant amount of games that will interest me. Not just amazing games but good games I'll enjoy. This year was Uncharted and The Last Guardian (I've still yet to buy R&C), next year it'll be Persona 5, Kingdom Hearts, Horizon, Nioh, Nier, Gravity Rush 2. And plenty more for undated games. And I say that as someone not that happy with Sony's output this generation.

I just hope that MS will try harder and just fund more games in the future because as of now it's just not that extensive in my opinion.

De_Legend

Banned
It's a shame really.

MS when they try can release some pretty interesting stuff.

ReCore and Ryse comes to mind (yes I liked Ryse), Sunset Overdrive was a nice attempt even though I wasn't that much amazed by it. Rare Replay was a nice initiative and great value for the price and QB seems to be good (need to get on that ASAP).

The problem is, I feel like they're so few and far between, as of now the only 2 games I'm looking forward are Scalebound and State of Decay 2 and I just don't see it changing that much.

Whereas on PS4 it's just constant amount of games that will interest me. Not just amazing games but good games I'll enjoy. This year was Uncharted and The Last Guardian (I've still yet to buy R&C), next year it'll be Persona 5, Kingdom Hearts, Horizon, Nioh, Nier, Gravity Rush 2. And plenty more for undated games.

I just hope that MS will try harder and just fund more games in the future because as of now it's just not that extensive in my opinion.

+ 2 Yakuza games, GT and probably more, it's insane.

Gaenor

Banned
Sony's investment into cinematic story driven games that are real lookers has been a big force behind their hype machine, I feel. Even raw sewerage like Killzone SF and The Order 1886 generated serious hype and helped them "win conferences". When 2/3 of their lineup disappoints on release it doesn't matter so much because there's a few high profile wins (Uncharted is a reliable crowd-pleaser for instance) and the hype train for games that won't be coming out for 18-24 months has already started.

On thing I can't dispute though is Microsoft has real fucking issues making the gaming community excited for much of anything. It's like there's this air of inferiority around everything they do, even though in the final reckoning their games are often quite good. They need to keep trying with new IPs until they can gets something fresh, and some real prestige projects that can get people excited.

I know a junior shouldn't argue with a mod, but are you really saying that the majority of Sony games are disappointing while the majority of Microsoft's ones are not ?

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I think what also hurts MS is that their weakness in Japan does stand out.

One can say whatever they want about those games not mattering if they don't care about Japanese games personally, but it is something people consider when they look for hardware.

When games like Toukiden 2 come out next year, even though only a small portion of the population even know what Toukiden is, it keeps parts of the community invested and makes it stronger by knowing that a diverse kind of gaming library is available.

MS needs games like that, either that they fund or help get off the ground, that will help them build a community over time like that instead of simply expecting large immediate returns. I don't expect them to get Japanese games or anything of that manner, but even unproven concepts by smaller western devs would be fine, and they could expand on that significantly to cultivate an audience. They once did with Xbox Arcade, but they left it to the way side, to their own detriment.

Chobel

Xbox has some real perception problem, almost everyone thinks their lineup lacks variety and it's just "Halo/Forza/Gears". I'm not just seeing it in this thread, I'm seeing it everywhere, even from Xbox fans themselves.

The gap in quantity and diversity is why I prefer PS but I am not sure how MS can go about improving their situation. It just seems more like fighting an uphill battle. I think they are doing what is best for them by focusing on the appeal of their brand (shooters, MP, etc...) but I am sure they desire that broader appeal as well.

I know not confirmed, but I'd be shocked and concerned if Detroit didn't hit 2017. Might as well tick Forza for a Xbox.

I can't think of a new Sony exclusive PS4 game that came out on time this gen besides Knack and Killzone. I guess MLB if that counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom