• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How did PlayStation Home end up the way it is now?

HOME was done the moment clueless console warriors started proclaiming HOME is the Xbox Live slayer.

It gets even better once you realize the same people that declared HOME the Xbox Live slayer are the ones that are now claiming HOME isn't for everyone and people expected too much out of it.

Then there was the "HOME isn't a game" excuse that was thrown around. Call it whatever you want, boring is what it is.

Home could be fun if the developers would fix the current issues/lack of features:
• No universal Gamelaunching (this shouldn't be a Home-only feature though, it should be something that's in the in-game XMB all the time and works together with Home)
• It takes too long to load. Especially when booting up with all the update-information screens, but also while switching between spaces
• There's not enough customization
• Currently, there's no voicechat in public rooms which makes it really dull
• Ability to use your Home-avatars in other games (Pain, for instance, or High Velocity Bowling)

They should also add a 'widget' to the XMB when you are in the 'Friends' tab with updates on your friends about where they currently are in Home and what they are doing with the ability to instantly join them... You know, to pull people in. To connect everything on PSN. It's all so seperate now. There is progression though, with the new cross-game invite/join functionalities (as seen in Modern Warfare 2). =)

TouchMyBox said:
My buddy and I are the reason for them removing voice chat in Playstation Home. It was fun while it lasted though.

Well screw you then!

:p

They should just warn the user when they first start up Home that there could be 'foul language' and 'inappropriate conversations', and give them an option to disable voicechat in public spaces...

But really, it should just be on by default.

First couple of posts and OP is exactly what I want and still hope for. I don't care about socializing with random strangers, I want to see the trophy room and have awesome videos I filmed playing in the room. Let me invite my friends over and I'll go back to using Home more than playing the Buzz trivia room when it first came out.

Top Bottom