• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'How Did This Get Made?' podcast appreciation thread

Lach

Whoo! Back to weekly again! Hope they get better again (didn't like the last few exept Earnest)

Mr. Nanny next week...

fleck0

I tried to watch Mr. Nanny in anticipation for the next podcast. I only made it 16 minutes in. The episode should be good because what I saw was as nutty as it was unwatchable.

number11

I prefer watching each movie before I listen to the podcast.. But I just realised I have about 40 saved podcasts that I need to get through. What films from the podcast am I able to skip watching?

I prefer watching each movie before I listen to the podcast.. But I just realised I have about 40 saved podcasts that I need to get through. What films from the podcast am I able to skip watching?

I hardly ever watch the movies, probably miss out on a few things, but at least I don't have to watch the movies. :p

jred2k

Gooby sounds like nearly every Canadian movie ever made. I don't know a single one I've watch that I've ever really enjoyed.

Clevinger

lol The wizard of loneliness must have said 10 things tops in this episode. There were like 10 minute spans where I forgot he was on the show.

I've been on a real tear lately re-re-re-marathoning all the old episodes. Gonna watch The Room and Sleepaway Camp this weekend.

It's such a shame that they did one of those behind the scenes interviews and never did a real episode about The Room. A real episode would have been amazing.

lol The wizard of loneliness must have said 10 things tops in this episode. There were like 10 minute spans where I forgot he was on the show.

It's such a shame that they did one of those behind the scenes interviews and never did a real episode about The Room. A real episode would have been amazing.

Yeah .. they got it right a few episodes later with Birdemic. They made fun of it for 45 minutes and then they did a behind the scenes interview with Whitney Moore.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Oh god, that awful second opinions remix thing is making me want to learn how to create my own jingles so I can send one in and never have to hear it again. It's so badly put together.

Oh god, that awful second opinions remix thing is making me want to learn how to create my own jingles so I can send one in and never have to hear it again. It's so badly put together.

The "from the depths of Amazon they come" one? Yeah thats bad. I do however like the Jason one with the 'boopity boop boop'.

I decided to check it out and have listened to the Halloween III and Mortal Kombat episodes, and thought they were pretty good. Quite a number of shows to pick from at the moment.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
The "from the depths of Amazon they come" one? Yeah thats bad. I do however like the Jason one with the 'boopity boop boop'.
I'm talking about the one where someone tries to put the three ones they did together with that Jason one underneath them all, it just doesn't work and drags on. The one you like is good on it's own though.

I decided to check it out and have listened to the Halloween III and Mortal Kombat episodes, and thought they were pretty good. Quite a number of shows to pick from at the moment.

Listen to From Justin to Kelly or Devil's Advocate next. And avoid Tiptoes and Odd Life of Timothy Green.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Listen to From Justin to Kelly or Devil's Advocate next. And avoid Tiptoes and Odd Life of Timothy Green.

I'd also recommend the Fast and the Furious episodes, and to a similar extent the Crank ones, which are fun to listen to because they loved the films so much and it's more of a "this film is bonkers but it's amazing". The F&F ones have Adam Scott on too, who is great.

Next week's episode: Sharknado 2

What's weird though is before I clicked on the feed to play the episode, the description said Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze. I wonder if they'll do that in three weeks?

Also, I was just listening to an older episode and one of the guys made reference to their Heartbeeps episode. I wonder if that was never published?

Finally getting around to Fast & Furious 5. FF5, FF6, and Crank 2 I think are the only ones I haven't listened to yet cause I wanted to watch the movies first.

jred2k

Yeah I saw that. I wonder if they do a mini ep on Tuesday already? I'm all on board for that. The more HDTGM eps the better.

Yeah Paul says at the end of the episode to get in the E&O's because there will be a mini ep on Tuesday. This was a pretty funny episode even though they didn't really know what to do with it. Luckily, Sharknado 2 was still so poorly made from a technical stand point they still had quite a bit to work with. It sucked June was gone most of the episode taking care of the baby, though.

I'm finally giving a Gooby a watch.

Jesus Christ, this movie is long. Gooby is horrifying. Total nightmare fuel.

Looking forward to finally listening to the ep. I'm sure Zouks adored it.

EDIT: Why the fuck does this kids' movie have so many slow jams in it?

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Looks like next week's episode is the 1st Annual HDTGM Awards, should be interesting to see how having them all together without a specific film to talk about goes.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I listened to the "No Holds Barred" episode, it had me in tears. Feels going listening to the podcast again.

Lach

It's out now...

First part was a lot better than I had expected...so I'm looking forward to listening to this one..

Top Bottom