• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'How Did This Get Made?' podcast appreciation thread

If you could only chose one, which movie do you guys recommend fellow HDTGM fans watch before they listen to the podcast episode - Temptation or Monkey Shines?

Jinaar

Holy sh*t! That is god tier.
SGPXvKi.jpg

^ Rob Heubel's stoned confusion of that being a deep vagina shot and nearly throwing up had me laughing hard.

What did they say is the December 5th live show? A View to a Kill?

FYI it is indeed A View to a Kill and its on Netflix streaming.

EDIT: Just watched it. Wow that was bad. Not good bad like most bad action movies. Just bad. First off, I can't believe that was made in 1985. Felt more like 1975. Secondly, Roger Moore was way to old to still be Bond at that time. Finally, this movie made me really appreciate the modern, gritty, Borne-esque Daniel Craig version of Bond. The only redeeming qualities of the movie was a) the title sequence was great - the music and visual style was awesome b) Tanya Roberts was absolutely stunning imo. It was driving me crazy trying to figure out where I saw her before and IMDB reminded me she was the hot mom in That 70s Show.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
*thunk thunk thunk* Hello? This thing on?

A View to a Kill episode is up.

Triple post!

I'll be a combo-breaker. Looking forward to this ep, never thought they'd do a James Bond film, but then I remember that this one is pretty ridiculous. Christopher Walken and Grace Jones. What a pairing.

Gonna check it out after I finish today's With Special Guest Lauren Lapkus. Psyched they're doing a Bond film. AVTAK was a great pick. Total garbage, other than the great Duran Duran theme. One of the very worst Bonds, without a doubt.

I really wish they'd pick one of those awful Christian movies that have been coming out the past couple of years, like God's Not Dead or Heaven is for Real. I think they'd make for some spectacular episodes.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Gonna check it out after I finish today's With Special Guest Lauren Lapkus. Psyched they're doing a Bond film. AVTAK was a great pick. Total garbage, other than the great Duran Duran theme. One of the very worst Bonds, without a doubt.

I really wish they'd pick one of those awful Christian movies that have been coming out the past couple of years, like God's Not Dead or Heaven is for Real. I think they'd make for some spectacular episodes.

Why not go for Left Behind with Nicolas Cage, for double the entertainment value?

pfkas

I watched Left Behind to see how they would handle the special effects required of the Rapture. They didn't even bother, just piles of empty clothes. Not much to go on there.

Only like 10 minutes in but the audience seems ridiculous in this episode. Laughing for a minute straight at the wierdest stuff. Just a little too much.

Only like 10 minutes in but the audience seems ridiculous in this episode. Laughing for a minute straight at the wierdest stuff. Just a little too much.

The live episodes are always kind of annoying, but I'd consider this one of the better ones.

But mainly because I'm a big Bond fan and a devoted listener of James Bonding.

I do wish they'd do fewer live eps, and that Paul would stop asking listeners to quit bitching about the live eps.

The live episodes are always kind of annoying, but I'd consider this one of the better ones.

But mainly because I'm a big Bond fan and a devoted listener of James Bonding.

I do wish they'd do fewer live eps, and that Paul would stop asking listeners to quit bitching about the live eps.

People hate the live episodes?! I think they're some of the best episodes!

I just found the audience extra annoying in this episode. They just seem to go crazy about every single line whether it was meant to be funny or not. Someone is halfway through what they're saying and the audience is already laughing.

Outside of the audience this ends up being a great episode. The guests were really good, if I had any interest in Bond films at all I could see myself listening to their podcast. Second Opinions continues to be amazing "'Do you want to play a game?' Splooooooosh".

I liked this episode so much I listened to it again today. The way June says "oh no, his bones!" and "ohh there's an old man in there" and the Misty Slit discussion had me loling hard.

Nether!

Liked the episode more for the more relaxed atmosphere the three of them had without a guest.
Seemed like they were having more fun just being around each other than normal.

Minisode!

Next movie: Xanadu

Just watched it. Jesus Christ, it's bonkers. Can't say I didn't enjoy some of the ELO songs, though. I'm a sucker for that cheesy shit.

Minisode!

Next movie: Xanadu

Just watched it. Jesus Christ, it's bonkers. Can't say I didn't enjoy some of the ELO songs, though. I'm a sucker for that cheesy shit.

I'm kinda bummed they're still not doing a good action movie (that tease of possibly doing Sudden Death soon has me giddy!) but this one sounds good. I never heard of it before but cheesy 80s disco roller skating? I'm on board.

Also, I just listened to the Junior episode today and its gotta be the most I've laughed in awhile. Really loved the vibe of the three of them alone. Jason was on fire. I was in tears over the comments about the baby being stuck in a man's torso and baby's can't just grow in any wet hole.

I'm kinda bummed they're still not doing a good action movie (that tease of possibly doing Sudden Death soon has me giddy!) but this one sounds good. I never heard of it before but cheesy 80s disco roller skating? I'm on board.
I'm surprised it's taken them this long to do Xanadu. It's legendary garbage. It was the inspiration for the Razzies, even!

number11

Updated Netflix list...

Burlesque (Canada/UK)
Season of the Witch (Canada)
Old Dogs (France/Mexico)
The Last Airbender (UK)
Drive Angry (Canada/UK)
Fast Five (Mexico)
The Tourist (Canada)
Crank 2: High Voltage (Canada/UK)
The Back-Up Plan (UK)
The Smurfs (Canada/UK)
Skyline (Sweden)
Gigli (USA/Canada)
The Wicker Man (Brazil/Sweden)
Punisher: War Zone (UK)
I Know Who Killed Me (Brazil/Mexico)
Jingle All the Way (France/Mexico)
Twilight: Breaking Dawn: Part 1 (Mexico/Netherlands)
Crank (Canada)
Trespass (USA)
88 Minutes (Canada)
Abduction (UK)
On the Line (USA)
Speed 2: Cruise Control (Canada)
Bad Ass (Canada/USA)
Judge Dredd (Brazil/Mexico)
Batman & Robin (Canada/USA)
Jaws: The Revenge (Brazil/Mexico)
Road House (UK)
Cobra (Sweden)
Reindeer Games (USA)
Anaconda (USA)
The Odd Life of Timothy Green (Sweden)
In the Name of the King (USA)
Sharknado (Canada/USA)
Over the Top (UK)
Toys (UK)
Congo (UK/USA)
Daredevil (Germany/Sweden)
Hudson Hawk
Crossroads (USA)
Deck the Halls (Germany)
Mortal Kombat: The Movie (Belgium/Netherlands)
Winter’s Tale (Sweden)
No Holds Barred (USA)
Sharknado 2: The Second One (USA)
Tyler Perry's Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor (Canada/USA)
Monkey Shines (Brazil/Mexico)
LOL (UK)
A View to Kill (USA)
Xanadu (Brazil/Mexico)

Rented/watched Tango and Cash last night to prepare for the podcast. I haven't seen it since the early 90s so I pretty much forgot everything about it. Man what a fantastic movie. Nailed everything I love about cheesy 80s action movies. This might be my favorite movie they've done. Now on to the podcast! I absolutely love Kroll so I'm looking forward to good things here.

Oh and since there are way too many plotholes and weird things going on in this movie to pick apart, I'll just focus on these two: a) Did the main bad guy (Palance) build that mirror room in hopes of one day trying to trick a cop? What would that room be for otherwise? b) What was Palance's plan to get away? Even if Tango and Cash chose the wrong mirrors he wouldn't have had enough time to get out of the building.

The Punisher episode was fantastic. I've never seen the film, it was just fascinating to hear what Lexi Alexander had to say.

It's a genuinely awesome movie, go check it out! It looks fantastic and is a fun & violent ride through and through.
CaFzk.gif
Mmm Lexi Alexander. Her voice drives me crazy (in a good way). So sexy. And I really enjoyed Punisher Warzone. A lot of fun, crazy, over the top action. Also Legionary Titus Pullo > Thomas Jane.

Lol never thought I'd hear 3DO or Atari Lynx referenced on this podcast.

Kinda hilarious these cats didn't know shit about moral kombat or street fighter yet they got those deep cuts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbGVIdA3dx0

Ok after watching the trailer I really do wonder how did this get made. Sums up everything shitty about early 70s cinema.

zaRDoz!

I'm watching it now. About an hour in - it is by far the most next level bonkers movie they've ever done. Getting strong Beyond the Planet of the Apes vibes. Also kind of remind me of The Illustrated Man. And I know Jason is loving this .. lots of natural jumblies out and about all over the place.

EDIT: Consuela is really hot.

EDIT 2: I'm starting to worry that this movie is too abstract for the discussion to be funny. I'm sensing a potential Odd Life of Timothy Green or Tiptoes situation.

EDIT 3: I hope they mention Friend's resemblance to Paul McCartney.

EDIT 4: Finished. Wow that was horrible. Incomprehensible, hippy dippy, new-age bullshit. I don't recommend watching.

Top Bottom