• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'How Did This Get Made?' podcast appreciation thread

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Just watched Tango & Cash. Absolutely loved it.

Can't Stop the Music is one of my favorite movies they have done.

Just watched Tango & Cash. Absolutely loved it.

Great movie. First time seeing it?

And yeah, I gotta watch that Can't Stop the Music movie yet. I wasn't going to at first since its a musical but after hearing the trailer on the mini-ep and seeing pics of it and knowing Steve Guttenberg is in it .. I just have to watch it. It sounds too bonkers to pass up.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Did someone piss off Cameron Esposito before this podcast? Yeesh.

EDIT: The rest of the podcast she's fine, but those first minutes are difficult.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Yeah, the directors guest episode are the worst for me.
The Punisher:War zone episode is one of my favorites. It gave lots of insight into how a director ends up in charge of a movie like that and the issues involved while still being funny.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Great movie. First time seeing it?

And yeah, I gotta watch that Can't Stop the Music movie yet. I wasn't going to at first since its a musical but after hearing the trailer on the mini-ep and seeing pics of it and knowing Steve Guttenberg is in it .. I just have to watch it. It sounds too bonkers to pass up.

I didn't even know this movie existed lol. I went into it completely blind, didn't know the plot, who was in it, what type of movie it was. I was pleasantly surprised when Stallone popped up. And excited when Kurt came up because I knew I was in for a full ride.

Pete continues to be good on every other podcast but his own. :lol

I hate You made it weird, but I think he is great on just about every podcast he guests on. Especially DLM.

Hell Comes to Frog Town is the next episode. Also, Paul mentioned on the show that they're putting together the Howdies part 2 for movies from Goobie (or Gewbie if you're June) and later.

BTW The Solarbabies ep was great. John Mulaney is one of the funniest people alive imo. Conversely, I had to turn the Cant Stop the Music episode off after about 10 minutes. Its just Pete and Carmen yelling over each other and everyone else and none of it is that funny.

Just finished watching The Boy Next Door. The entire conflict of this movie could've been avoided by calling the police. Also, nobody thought it was weird that a man who appears to be in his late 20s is taking classes with regular high school students? Wouldn't he be in a GED program or something?

---- EDIT ----

Now watching Simply Irresistible. This looks and feels like it was made in the mid 80s.

I don't have any business sense so I don't know how common this is but 70 years of running a business and they still rent? It seems like purchasing that space should've been a priority a long time ago.

Holding off on Gods of Egypt since I wanted to watch it first. Only watched about 30 min so far but this movie is crazy.

I watched it over the weekend. I was surprised at how insane/bad it was. From the commercials it looked like a fun type of action movie I'd enjoy but wowsers. Some of the CG in it was laughably bad too. As a whole it reminded me of one of those syndicated shows from the late 90s / early 2000s. Like Xena or Hercules or whatever. I can't believe 'omg it has white people in it' is seriously the complaint people took away from a movie this insane.

Watching Dreamcatcher. I saw it when it first came out and remember absolutely hating it but I think years of HDTGM movie watching has desensitized me and it doesn't seem so bad now.

Watching Vampires Kiss. What on earth is this accent Cage is doing? It's almost like 80s Valley Girl? But that doesn't quite describe it. It's very distracting.

firelogic

I was looking at a list of "Podcasts you should definitely listen to" and this one came up. I am absolutely thrilled to have tried it because the main trio are really funny! I can't help but burst out laughing while I'm on the subway. People must think I'm crazy...

*Face waterfalls all of you*

Live eps are being recorded at Largo next week - xXx The Return of Xander Cage and The Lake House.

Also I just watched Highlander 2 and Airborne. Highlander 2 was incredibly confusing. I had no idea what was happening. For awhile I felt like I had accidentally skipped a large chunk of the beginning. And I can't believe I had never seen or heard of Airborne as a kid. I probably would've loved it since I was into street hockey. Man what a 90s movie that was.

Does anyone know where I can stream the Glimmer Man episode? It was taken down.
You mean the podcast episode? Is it behind the paywall now or actually taken down a la Smurfs?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Yeah, the podcast episode. I'm not sure. When I went to download it, it says failed or no longer available.

Edit - Ahh there is a fucking paywall. Fuck Earwolf.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Live eps are being recorded at Largo next week - xXx The Return of Xander Cage and The Lake House.

Also I just watched Highlander 2 and Airborne. Highlander 2 was incredibly confusing. I had no idea what was happening. For awhile I felt like I had accidentally skipped a large chunk of the beginning. And I can't believe I had never seen or heard of Airborne as a kid. I probably would've loved it since I was into street hockey. Man what a 90s movie that was.

You mean the podcast episode? Is it behind the paywall now or actually taken down a la Smurfs?
Highlander 2 must be one of the most disappointing sequels ever. The podcast was driving me nuts because everyone was making the first movie sound really complicated when it is really straightforward.

Yeah, the podcast episode. I'm not sure. When I went to download it, it says failed or no longer available.

Edit - Ahh there is a fucking paywall. Fuck Earwolf.
Yeah, the good news is they said they're gonna rotate the paywall eps every now and then so you should have access to it again at some point. Until then if you have an idea of how to do it I could send you a copy. I thankfully saved all the eps to my hd before the paywall happened.

Highlander 2 must be one of the most disappointing sequels ever. The podcast was driving me nuts because everyone was making the first movie sound really complicated when it is really straightforward.
Its been ages but I seem to remember really liking the first Highlander and not being confused by it at all. The second one was complete nonsense though.

Went to watch The Lake House and Surf Ninjas to get ready for the upcoming episodes and it's not going well. The Lake House is only available for purchase and I can't find Surf Ninjas anywhere for rent or purchase.

Watching Body Parts right now and I have a very June problem - I can't hear what anyone is saying.

Also, why is his donor arm all fucked up? It's a mess. Shouldn't that be in perfect working order? This movie is ridiculous. The wife is super hot though so there's that at least.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
The movies and episodes of Body Parts and Surf Ninjas were downright amazing. I loved every minute of both those films.

Surf Ninjas made me legit laugh at some of the bits/gags. Especially the Leslie Nielsen's scenes.

I'm watching Highlander II, and this is one of the first movies they have done, where I truly have no fucking idea what is going on.

Watching Chopping Mall now. Only about 5 minutes in and I can tell this is gonna be great. An even better version of RoboCop for sure.

It's just great seeing the inside of healthy, vibrant malls again.

Edit: I'm loving the John Carpenter-esque music

Edit2: oh shit a box of Better Cheddars! Those used to be the jam. I haven't thought about or seen those in a good 20 years.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Listened the Highlander II episode. The part where they flip on that audience member had me fucking dying.

Top Bottom