• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do you feel about cleaning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love it.

Taking a break right now from cleaning the house from top to bottom. I like to make sure the entire house is clean before I enjoy something like, say, a new video game console and Zelda game.

I find it very relaxing. Put on some music or background program like Mystery Science Theater 3000 and get to work. Then when you're done, relax and enjoy your clean house/apartment/room/car/etc...

How about you? Do you enjoy cleaning? How often do you clean you place/car/etc?

I had a weekend without my child and wife and as soon as they left I cleaned my house. I knew I wouldn't be able to enjoy myself until after everything was in order. It was therapeutic and allowed me to fully enjoy my weekend of playing video games. It was glorious.

bluethree

I love those quiet Sunday afternoons when you have the chance to clean and organize your apartment. Bought a ton of stuff recently for my place and it feels so much better.

Cleaning during the week when I'm busy with other shit though? Nah.

spock

Give me a double of whatever you smoking, drink or pop...lol I love a clean house, however as a single dad of a 7 and 9 year old with an auto immune issue (creates energy and pain issues), cleaning fucking sucks. Once I fall behind overwhelm can be a bitch. Right now I'm really behind, my kids are blessed that they have most of what they could want but that is major issue in the clutter it creates. Same goes for their clothing since I have close friends in the fashion industry, so they get hooked up...blessing but a problem.

I simply dont know how to store it all or have a system that works fully yet.

Biggest issue is clutter and dust with sweeping/mopping in third. I dont let dishes or anything fucking food or garbage related pile up.Growing up in Brooklyn and dealing with roaches...na fuck that noise...

No joke I remember being at a friends house when I lived at sunset and he and his fam would just be flicking roaches off the couch, bed, tables, etc like they were nothing, than they opened a cabinet...was one some freakshow the movie level shit. Forever shook...

Ketch

I love having a clean house but I hate cleaning because the rest of my family never pick up after themselves and it gets fucking annoying

Bluemongoose

Neo Member
I hate the prospect of cleaning but when I get into it and work up a sweat I just can't stop. Everything has to be spotless.

Also, I love doing laundry and even folding (I smell almost everything coming out of the dryer!) but ironing sucks major donkey balls. My brother got a cheap steamer and I started to use it on my dress shirts. Not as great as an iron but does a well enough job (maybe if I got a more expensive one).

Bluemongoose

Neo Member
I love having a clean house but I hate cleaning because the rest of my family never pick up after themselves and it gets fucking annoying

Dude! My bro and sis dont give a shit. My brother will eat a bag of chips or whatever and leave the empty wrapper or bag on the sofa. Wtf!! I'm the main cleaner!

Bluemongoose

Neo Member
Give me a double of whatever you smoking, drink or pop...lol I love a clean house, however as a single dad of a 7 and 9 year old with an auto immune issue (creates energy and pain issues), cleaning fucking sucks. Once I fall behind overwhelm can be a bitch. Right now I'm really behind, my kids are blessed that they have most of what they could want but that is major issue in the clutter it creates. Same goes for their clothing since I have close friends in the fashion industry, so they get hooked up...blessing but a problem.

I simply dont know how to store it all or have a system that works fully yet.

Biggest issue is clutter and dust with sweeping/mopping in third. I dont let dishes or anything fucking food or garbage related pile up.Growing up in Brooklyn and dealing with roaches...na fuck that noise...

No joke I remember being at a friends house when I lived at sunset and he and his fam would just be flicking roaches off the couch, bed, tables, etc like they were nothing, than they opened a cabinet...was one some freakshow the movie level shit. Forever shook...

I have a friend like that! I can't stand the sight of roaches and his house is BAD. They'll be crawling around and he doesn't even make the effort to flick them off -- much less kill them! His bathroom looks like Silent Hill. How can you live like that!?

verbatimo

For a while It took real effort to make me clean the apartment. I was tired after work and even during weekends I didn't have any motivation to do anything especially cleaning.

Luckily I wised up from that period. Every Saturday I vacuum, mop the floors and clean the bathroom. It takes 1,5 - 2 hours of my time, but apartment is clean and free of dust.

Jaraghan

Eh, it's not something I enjoy but I do understand it is necessary. It's easy for me to do, as I always just clean up immediately. I don't leave dishes around and whatnot, because then it just piles up and gets disgusting.

And a clean house is always a great sight to see. Whenever I go to my friends place (two of my buddies are leasing a house atm) it is always a disaster. I would hate for my ppace to look like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom