• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do you feel about cleaning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocketz

Weekends are my cleaning time. I usually blacked out out an hour or two on Saturday's for it. I've already got plans on what I want to fix up next weekend. All the closets in my apartment are getting reworked.

molnizzle

I have a maid come every Thursday to do the whole house.

I wouldn't be able to handle it myself and my wife works full time. I'd probably give up video games before I gave up the maid.

oneils

For some reason I have the urge to clean other people's places but not my own.

That's me, too. I love helping other people clean or tidy up but can't be bothered to do it for my own place.

I like living in a clean and tidy house but I am lazy.

jb1234

I rarely bother. Probably haven't dusted in years. I vacuum once a month. Mom haaaaaaaaaaaaaates visiting my place, haha.

I deep clean once a week and spot clean as necessary during the week (usually just the kitchen and bathrooms). I live alone so my house doesn't get very dirty, but I can't stand a mess.

Media

Currently hate cleaning because I have three kids and it seems like that gif, I never am 'done' because something is always a mess.

bort

I'll answer with more simpsons gifs

87086.gif

109125.gif

123105.gif

One of the million reasons I can never imagine living with a roommate: I need my space clean at all times.

Aside from laundry and occasional dust collection, it's good to know I don't have to clean my room every-so-often since everything's in its right place to begin with.

It's fine. I hate cleaning pots and pans, though. I'm single, but it still takes me the same number of pans to cook a meal as a family.

There's a great story about Miles Davis, who was notoriously untidy. One of his friends got really upset with him when he visited Miles in his flat.
"Why do you never clean, Miles?"
"I'm Miles Davis, I don't have time for that shit."

Would you rather have more Miles Davis music, or know that Miles Davis kept his flat clean?

AlexBasch

People who don't clean, dust or sort their stuff out are the worst. It's not hard ffs.

I enjoy it as well. It's relaxing.

Having a clean home is essential to me, so I clean regularly. I don't mind it too much. Doing bathrooms is unpleasant, but other than that it's all pretty easy stuff if you aren't a complete slob.

Obviously the amount of time and energy required is all relative to the mess you have though. I'm lucky to have housemates who are generally pretty tidy people. I can't imagine having to clean up after kids, fuck that.

I actually enjoy doing dishes. It's a relaxing before bed activity. The warm water running over your hands is nice.

I hate the process of getting things clean but I find organizing (and to a lesser extent, tidying) very gratifying. I could sort things all day.

But I do try to maintain a clean home. I literally start going nuts if I'm in a cluttered, dirty environment for too long.

gforguava

I hate knowing that I have to clean but once I'm actually doing it it is...rewarding? That is probably too strong a word, fulfilling maybe? Whatever, feels good in its own simple way.

Sophia

I love cleaning my own stuff. It feels rewarding to have a clean space.

I hate cleaning after obnoxious pigs who are a mess tho. : \

I was born to clean. I love the smell of polish in the morning.

This is my hoover, this is my sponge. This is for upholstery and I'm not sure what this other attachment is for...

mafe

I clean everything. My house, the yard, the car, anything. Starting to get into cleaning my own room more. I also clean my friends' rooms and their house to some extent. I'd say it's a problem but no one's ever complained lol.

Violet_0

Banned
I leave chaos and destruction in my wake, I mean it
I clean everything. My house, the yard, the car, anything. Starting to get into cleaning my own room more. I also clean my friends' rooms and their house to some extent. I'd say it's a problem but no one's ever complained lol.
be my roommate
please

Monocle

It's relaxing with music or an audiobook. Tedious if you have to do it on a deadline.

I enjoy having a nice neat space when I'm finished. Very satisfying.

My one exception is bathrooms. I delay bathroom cleaning for as long as possible.

marrec

Banned
I enjoy the satisfaction of a job well done and the order of a clean area, so I generally enjoy cleaning and will do it with aplomb. If my personal living area is cluttered or messy I get anxious and depressive.

However, my work desk is an unorganized mess that I thrive in.

So, I dunno.

Cyanity

Banned
I can't stand living in squalor so yea, I like cleaning. Just recently took apart my keyboard to clean that shit and 😚

Cleaning is like preparing for war.

One needs to mentally prepare themselves. Needs to be well equipped. Needs to know where the enemy is and how to remove them. And it can be a struggle to completely remove the enemy. If done wrong the enemy will return when you're least expecting it.

Pau

That's me, too. I love helping other people clean or tidy up but can't be bothered to do it for my own place.

I like living in a clean and tidy house but I am lazy.
I think for me it's mostly tied to space. When I've lived in bigger apartments, I've been much more proactive about cleaning. We have very little storage. :(

My definition of messy is probably a bit skewed. Growing up our house had to be absolutely spotless and anything below that was messy.

I love cleaning as often as possible. A clean place improves my mood.

But as someone said above, I fucking hate ironing my clothes. I'd pay good money for an ironing robot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom