• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How fit are you?

• Thread starter Deleted member 325805
  • Start date

jmdajr

OMG I'M SO COOL!

3aec5efe_o.png

I was much more fit before I had my ACL reconstruction surgery about 10 months ago. But now that it's been 10 months I'm starting to get into my conditioning/sports again so that fitness is starting to come back. Man, though, it sucks how easily cardio disappears on you. And it's the worst feeling in the world when you're trying to get it back.

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
This should not be a competition.

I believe I would be considered fit but I feel like I could do better.

I run 5K two days a week in under 29 minutes.
I lift 3 days a week.

But I consume wine or beer, and yogurt with honey almost every day. Not very healthy.

I run 5k every 2 days and I try to work out at home.

I'm overweight, but fairly tall. Give me another 3 months and I might start getting into shape.

The biggest thing I've done diet wise is stick to the 1:3 rule. Eat whatever you want, but make sure there is 3x as much in veg or fruit.

nel e nel

i'm quite fit, i have some nice proportions... but i still have my belly a bit too big, and i never managed to reduce that, even now that i'm eating well and doing exercises! I'm too lazy to make even bigger effort to do it, so yeah i'll live with it, nobody will ever see my six pack!

i'm still quite happy on how i am right now, not skinny, not fat, just the right way

160 cm for 61 Kg (it's like 5'2 i think)

well i don't have anything to measure my waist... so there's that

What size pants do you wear?

Pretty damn fit. In the gym 6, sometimes 7 days a week (skip if I'm too hungover on a weekend day); alternate between lifting and cardio, though my cardio is really just doing the stair climber and abs.

I still think about where I'd be if I hadn't kept taking extended time off from the gym at various parts of my life. I've always been lean so even then I never got overweight but I've been working out since high school (~16 years). If I had stayed more consistent that entire time can't imagine how ripped I'd be.

mr stroke

Crossfit 4-6 days a week

445 deadlift
345 squat
265 bench
180lbs 6ft

I enjoy eating like shit on weekends so I still carry a little flab. Consider my self of average fitness

Doran902

Crossfit 4-6 days a week

445 deadlift
345 squat
265 bench
180lbs 6ft

I enjoy eating like shit on weekends so I still carry a little flab. Consider my self of average fitness

Those are great numbers! I am about there on squat and deadlift but my bench press is a real struggle, can't get past 240.......been my worst / hardest to improve lift for the last 2 years.

When I tried crossfit years ago we never did heavy it was always volume volume volume speed speed speed.

mrmickfran

Try to get three visits to the gym per
Week, 50 minutes of cardio each visit. Some weightlifting mostly for the chest to get rid of my moobs.

I currently weigh 201 lbs at 5'8. I'm trying to get to 185 and I'll be set. I was originally 232 before I started back in November 2015.

I eat healthier than before, eat little to start with, and run 5-6 times a week. I'm kinda weak, but lately I've been doing more physical labor helping my mom move.

Well I just did something I've been avoiding for months, I weighed myself. I'm actually 244lbs, up from 238lbs the last time I checked. I have been eating terribly for awhile now. At my heaviest I was 320lbs, at my lowest I was 205lbs which is when I felt great. I am officially back in the obese category and I could cry. Nothing scares me more than gaining it all back and I'm on that path right now.

Full stats:

6ft 3"
244lbs
48" chest
46.5" waist

It hurts me to look at these numbers, which is why I decided to finally take them, maybe now I can get back on track.

Set a Calendar reminder to bump this thread in exactly one years time and come and tell us how you're doing. I bet the changes will be huge. Rooting for you :)

I used to be 306. I got down to 204, but now I've rebounded to 222. I want to get down to 190 by the end of the year.

Honestly, I'm just a food slut. I need to be better with my diet. I used to have great control, but when I don't feel productive, I tend to binge eat. I've slashed it down to like 1700, but now it's about making sure I stick.

In terms of working out, elliptical 3 times a week for an hour (heart rate generally around 140), 2-3 days of Stronglifts 5x5. 28 years old, 5'9". I don't really have a very good plan, just trying my best not to eat emotionally, stay productive, and work out at least an hour a day, six days a week. Sometimes I feel like I've plateaued or stalled.

Bluenoser

Sure...

breakfast - 1.5 cups of oatmeal with soy milk and blueberries OR a protein bar
lunch - Smoothie with spinach, vegan protein powder, cucumber, banana and pineapple
dinner - Steamed rice with green beans, peas and broccoli

Depending how hungry I am I might have almonds or granola for a snack (check the granola to make sure it doesn't have a lot of sugar). My weakness that I am trying to cut is dried cranberries. I also take multivitamins, calcium and flax oil supplements. If I am getting hungry at night I will drink a mix of water, apple vinegar and lemon juice which helps to fight it off til I go to bed.

That's all I eat, so it's not a good diet for someone who values variety. Maybe once a month or so I'll treat myself to blue corn chips and hummus

5 years ago I literally lived on cereal, off-brand oreos, and Sonic slushies with vodka. Would go out and have burgers and beer all the time. It's just a matter of trying to get into a habit, don't be too mad at yourself if you slip up, just keep pushing yourself bit by bit until eventually you're immersed in good habits.

Damn, I admire your dedication to eating like that, but honestly a diet that looks like that will doom most people to failure. It's just too restrictive and bland. Again, good on you for sticking to it, but for the average person trying to get in better shape, there needs to be more variety and flavor.

It's not burgers and beer OR steamed rice with greens. There's lots of options in the middle. But to each their own.

ruxtpin

Banned
Everybody's working those glamour muscles. Bi-s and tri-s... everything else is just fat and ribs. Work on your core people.

cdViking

Quite fit. 6'7" and between 207-212 lbs. Started doing triathlon training again, have built up to 10-12 hours of exercise a week and looking to get to 14-16 over the next several months. Still tilting to look at my fitness from a few years ago when I could go for a 3-4 hour ride in the middle of the day.

Biggest issue has been rebuilding core strength; sitting at a desk 10-12 hours a day and going 2 years without swimming or weightlifting has led to back issues and strength assymetries.

After being overweight my entire life I've went from fattie to dad bod, I probably wont get 6 pack abs but it's a lot better than having a huge gut. I'm hurdling towards 40 too, I'm doing much better than the dudes who have beer guts and balding. Which is ironic because some of them were the fit buff dudes when we were younger.

It's a huge game changer I'm still getting used to, all the positive attention and such.

Doctors during my stress heart test were very impressed. Resting heart rate 40-45 BPM. Source - I bike 8 miles every day at a mostly sprint pace. I lift twice a week too. Getting attention from my friends for being ripped just because they knew me before, but just average fit looking on the streets IMO.

Taking really awesome shits lately, and that's basically what I care about most.

Goldboy

Used to be in great shape, let myself go for a couple years and am pretty much average now in terms of fitness. I'm trying to get back into a consistent routine of working out and eating healthy but it's tough.

teiresias

I'm completely out of shape at the moment and have put on like fifteen pounds the past four months (not good muscle weight either).

I've been living away from home for nine months on a work detail and the tail end of it has been stressful, combined with really being ready to go home and be in my own house, and missing my own social circle (though I've made a good group of friends here). That's resulted in stress and boredom eating, being exhausted, and not working out the last two or three months like I normally do and should.

Luckily I go home next week, so I can get back home and back into my normal workout routine and get my diet back in order.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Set a Calendar reminder to bump this thread in exactly one years time and come and tell us how you're doing. I bet the changes will be huge. Rooting for you :)

I made a quick and dirty Google Sheet which I will update on the 21st of every month going forward to try and keep myself accountable.

Day one went well, I ate a total of 1,453 calories which I'm happy with. I also managed to do one 10 Minute segment of 10 Minute Trainer which I know isn't a lot but you have to start somewhere and right now my body just can't handle more than that. MyFitnesPal recommends 1,670 calories per day for a 2lb/week loss and if I stick to the meals I've planned out I hit that every time, usually with room to spare like today.

GKnight

Banned
Im an aspiring athlete.
During training I've been doing weights 4-5 times a week and running/martial arts once

but when I get to work I will be going to the gym every weekday to do jiu jitsu and lifting 3 times a week.

Probably put a 5km run in there once a week.

That chart says I'm 26 with the fitness of a 22 year old... which is good I guess?

Kieli

I have the cardiopulmonary capacity of a 50+ year old (I ran some tests using the Faculty of Medicine's equipment).

I'm a good weight for my height, but I don't feel fit at all. Can't run 300/400 meters without feeling winded.

Fisico

apparently at 30 years of age I have the fitness level of a 20 year old

It's like Dr Kawashima all over again.

Running two times a week (9-15km), bit of fitness training two others days (15-20mn), and I try to put some bicycle the week-end (50-90km), sometimes I try to fit a swimming session (1.5-2km) but it's hard to manage for various reasons.
I walk around 1h a day too at least, and I have ~8h night sleep usually

I'd say I've been doing that for around two years now, and it took me one and half a year to reach that point.

I'm a runner first and foremost, began triathlon one year ago because I like bicycle (and I hate swimming) and I already reached my goal in running when I finished my first marathon.

So yeah I'm fit, I could improve my diet by eating less sugar but that's almost all.
Only drink water, never smoked, don't like alcohool (and by that I mean the taste, and no it doesn't get better even after a decade of trying) and I try to eat as much vegetables and fruits as I can.

I go to the gym three days a week, run about 15 miles a week, and try to do strength but I'm not super crazy or strict about it. Even still, I'm like a pound overweight and I'm 186 lbs at 6"2. I try to eat healthy every day but sometimes it's harder than others.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
6" 180lbs

Gym 6 days a week. Cardio never. Guess I know what I should be doing more of.

Posting from the gym right now

lenovox1

6" 180lbs

Gym 6 days a week. Cardio never. Guess I know what I should be doing more of.

Posting from the gym right now

Do you go to a globogym? And, if so, do they offer classes? If they do, there's probably some kind of weighted cardio class that you might like.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Do you go to a globogym? And, if so, do they offer classes? If they do, there's probably some kind of weighted cardio class that you might like.

LA Fitness.

Love weightlifting. Hate cardio. At most I'll do 5-10 mins cardio on leg day.

Not a fan of those group fitness classes where they blast shitty music, Id rather listen to my own music.

Orb

I'm conflicted on my shape. I'm pretty chubby but i still tend to walk a mile or two a day or when i can, though depression fucks with that a lot. Also have a sugar and soda problem :/ i want to lose more weight, but im kinda okay with not being skinny

Ouroboros

Pretty good shape here. Just turned 30 and work out about 3-4 times a week. Winter time is less than that though. I get lazy...blame it on SAD.

Top Bottom