• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How many Games do you own Physically?

IKSTUGA

A few Switch and XBONE games, but not many. Probably gonna go fully digital when Nintendo gets their storage stuff under control.

I've only played the first level but yeah you move both characters simultaneously and each one is overcoming obstacles and solving puzzles that help the other progress. It kinda reminds me a bit of Brothers but it's much more challenging thanks to the time limit.There are some clocks that if you step on them can extend the time but still i wish there was a mode without time limit.
It also has a vs mode where you can play with someone else which i think could be pretty fun!

Hmm i've never even heard of that FS game for PSP.

Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz has a mode like that called Synchronization Mode and believe me it is tough!

They should have a mode without it as that is where lateral thinking comes into play better as you are not rushed.

I found the game. It has a loooong title. I might get it when I get paid this week. :)

Last edited:

SALMORE

Damn. 105 N64 GAMES!!!?!!??!?!

That is dedication man. Bravo for that amount! Do you own that Hudson Shmup as well? I am very curious about your N64 Collection!

Thanks man ... do u mean Star Solider ?

this is an old post of my collection from my IG

Last edited:

Mihos

Gold Member
14000605.jpg

Skyr

I sold or gave away most of my physical console games because I thought I was too cool for them :messenger_sunglasses:
Of course I regret it now..

I didn't buy a physical PC game since Need for Speed Underground I think. Still have a few left but most of them landed in the trash at one point :messenger_weary:

AllyITA

i'm not a collector but here are the rough numbers:

SNES: 5
GENESIS: 1
Master system: 1
Saturn: 10
PS 1: 15
N64: 5
Gamecube: 70
PS2: 40
Xbox: 40
Dreamcast: 20
X360: 60
PS3: 10
Wii: 15
Wii U: 5
Xbox one: 2
PS4: 2
Switch: 1

Game boy: 1
Game boy advance: 10
NDS: 20
3DS: 3
PSP: 2

i started actually playing and buying games after the gamecube and stopped playing physical media with xboxone/ps4/switch

Boss Mog

I used to have over 1000 but in late 2016 I was in a rough spot and had to sell most of my games. I probably have like 150 now.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Just had a count of stuff I can see thats not in storage.

87 PS4 games
33 Xbox One games
5 Switch games.

Last edited:

Shinriji

It's been a while since I counted for the last time

PS1 - 50
PS2 - 16
PS3 - 22
PS4 - 12
PSP - 21
Vita - Not sure. About 50-60?

Neo Geo CD - 48

Sega CD - 4
Saturn - 25
Dreamcast - 27

Not much of rare stuff. Perhaps my most valuable game is The Last Blade for the Neo Geo CD.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
i've given away and donated so many of my old games from when i was a kid. now, i own a Switch for modern games, plus some older consoles i've picked up from thrift stores:

Switch
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Dark Souls Remastered
Bayonetta 2
Night Trap

PS3
Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection
MGS4
Demon's Souls
Red Dead Redemption
Last of Us
Mass Effect 3
Bioshock Infinite
Far Cry 4
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

N64
Super Mario 64
Wave Race 64
Goldeneye 007
Ocarina of Time
PilotWings 64
Mischief Makers
Turk Dinosaur Hunter
Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire

Nella

None.

Ever since I joined PC gaming a few years ago I sold the entirety of my physical games library and rebought the ones I'm interested in replaying digitally on PC storefronts.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Quick additional count of 'other' stuff

PS1 - 65
PS2 - 111
Gamecube - 19
OG Xbox - 29
360 - 52
PSP - 9
3DS - 2
Vita - Zero!

Last edited:

Yagami_Sama

Last time I checked was like this :

NES + Famicom = 37
SNES + Super Famicom = 119
N64 = 56
Game Cube = 136
Wii = 120
Wii U = 71
Switch = 97

Game Boy + Color = 26
GBA = 64
DS = 131
3DS = 116

Neo Geo AES = 9

Sejan

I replied earlier to this thread mentioning that I was looking to reduce my physical collection significantly. It seems a few people I this thread have accomplished this. If anyone knows an effective way of reducing my collection I’d appreciate a message with some advice.

Couple of hundred. Mostly 360 and PS4 with a bunch of Dreamcast, Gamecube thrown in. Sold a shiteload of stuff over the years before I decided No More!

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I replied earlier to this thread mentioning that I was looking to reduce my physical collection significantly. It seems a few people I this thread have accomplished this. If anyone knows an effective way of reducing my collection I’d appreciate a message with some advice.
You could give it to me? :messenger_beaming:

Sejan

You could give it to me? :messenger_beaming:

I’m not quite ready to just give it all away. I’d like to make a little bit of cash if possible.

Mostly, I would just prefer something a little simpler than selling them individually on eBay.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I’m not quite ready to just give it all away. I’d like to make a little bit of cash if possible.

Mostly, I would just prefer something a little simpler than selling them individually on eBay.
I was joking.

You could try selling them in lots on Gumtree?

Raven117

I don’t know. Sold like 14 of them just last weekend for PS4. Did the same for ps3. Only keep the ones I truly love or are really strange/rare

ReBurn

Gold Member
This generation? Maybe 4 on Xbox One and 8 on PS4. About 8 months in I shifted to digital and most likely buy during sales. I've replaced most important my physical copies with digital in the past year.

I'm mostly physical on Switch, though. Only one of my digital swtch games is available physical. I'd have more digital there, but I don't want to pay the premium for the SD cards. When I can buy a 2TB external USB drive for the price of a good 256GB MicroSD card I struggle to justify it.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
I think around 300 but i haven't counted them.Maybe less maybe more.

It's not a very big collection but in all honesty i was never interested to have a huge collection just for the sake of it. I'm very proud of what i have because they are all hand-picked and i know they interest me 100%. You'll not see any filler games just because they are cheap and neither you'll see any rare games just because they are rare. Anyone who knows me as a person and looks at my collection they will realize that all the games in my shelves make "sense" to be there.
I'm the same. I like collecting, but just ones I know I'll play. Don't want thousands I'll never touch.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I had a ton years ago, sadly I'd sell them for more games. Over the years I've been digital. My digital collection is far more impressive and close to 1,000 games. I still dream of owning a room full of games.

PS1: 20 NA, 10 Imports
PS2: 8 NA, 8 Imports
PS3: 15, 7 of those are loose, 1 import
PS4 (my wife told me I had to get physical for a while): 10 NA, 1 import. I sold a lot of them.
N64: 3 NA
Saturn: 1 NA, 7 Imports
Mega CD: 1
GameBoy: 1 NA, 6 Imports
Super Famicom: 3 NA, 5 Imports
Vita: 6 NA, 1 Import
3DS: 2 NA
DS: 2 NA
GBA: 1 NA
PC: 7 NA
Wii: 3 NA
Wii U: 3 NA
Switch: all digital
Xbox: 2 NA
Xbox One: all digital

I sold quite a bit to buy digital games. Even back with the GameCube I would sell games for consoles and games. I was impatient and selling games got me credit. If truth be told I am incredibly foolish for what I did. I would have had something to show for it. My digital collection is nice because it gives me some type of security feeling over my games. Maybe not my Wii VC games. :messenger_grinning_smiling::messenger_downcast_sweat::messenger_loudly_crying: I sold my Dreamcast for some stupid reason. I've owned 3-4 of them in my life, same with GameCube and the original Xbox.

Last edited:

JohannCK

I make a point to not buy digital releases unless they’re really cheap, and also still collect Saturn, PS1 and PS2 games. Can’t even begin to guess how many I have altogether (doesn’t help that a ton are lying in boxes stuffed away in my closets).

Hundreds is a definite at least.

Playstation 3 - 6 (MGS HD, MGS4, Catherine, Initial D Extreme Stage, Wangan Midnight, MGS4 JP LE)
Playstation 4 - 6 (Persona 5 CE, Yakuza 0/K1/K2, Monster Hunter World, FFXII)
Nintendo Switch - 2 (BOTW & Xenoblade 2)
Nintendo 3DS - 3 (Ocarina, Majoras, Fire Emblem Birthright)
PS Vita - 4 (P4G, Steins;gate, Steins;gate 0, Chaos;child)

No physical games on Xbox One or PC.

Bubba77

oh boy I have a bunch. though for current gen I go mostly digital Im looking at my Game eye app which says:
Atari Jaguar:4
Xbox: 7
Xbox 360: 39
xbox One: 13
NES: 74
3DS: 9
N64: 42
DS: 2
Gamecube: 26
Switch: 10
Wii: 20
WiiU: 21
PC: 72
Sega 32X: 3
Sega CD: 25
Sega Dreamcast: 31
Sega Genesis: 28
Sega Saturn: 27
PS1: 67
PS2: 34
PS3: 19
PS4: 23
Vita: 6
PSP: 2
SNES: 56

Lucumo

My digital collection is far more impressive and close to 1,000 games.
I wouldn't call that impressive, considering one basically gets games thrown at oneself for pretty much nothing. Started buying digital games two years ago and already own 480 of them. And that's not Steam (otherwise it would be way more), while passing up free games because I wouldn't play them anyway.

I make a point to not buy digital releases unless they’re really cheap...
Yep, that makes sense, considering digital games aren't really worth anything.

Audioout

Atari 400/2600 = 18
Intellivision = 25
Famicom = 7
NES = 195
Gameboy/Color = 30
Master System = 41
Genesis = 103
SNES = 118
Super Famicom = 1
Saturn = 31
PS1 = 86
N64 = 31
Gameboy Advance = 39
Dreamcast = 29
NeoGeo Pocket/Color = 7
PS2 = 164
OG Xbox = 27
Gamecube = 69
Xbox 360 = 83
PS3 = 67
Wii = 78
DS/3DS = 132
PSP = 23
WiiU = 43
Vita = 19
XboxOne = 5
PS4 = 114
Switch = 32

Total = 1,617

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I wouldn't call that impressive, considering one basically gets games thrown at oneself for pretty much nothing. Started buying digital games two years ago and already own 480 of them. And that's not Steam (otherwise it would be way more), while passing up free games because I wouldn't play them anyway.

Yep, that makes sense, considering digital games aren't really worth anything.

"Impressive" as I have games I like digitally. I can scroll through my list and say "Hey! I'm going to play this" or "Hey, I'm glad I bought that digitally when I could". I realize it isn't a collector's treasure trove and that's because I have my Humble Bundle and Steam "sales". I have my Direct2Drive games and so forth.

I'm a lot more intelligent than that. :messenger_grinning_squinting:

I can scroll through my list of delisted games or play a game that I'm aware of and that's impressive to me. Knowing I have an arcade collection digitally versus just buying a Pi and calling it good means something to me.

Last edited:

Audioout

I own tons of them digitally as well, especially since we get free ones once a month, but mostly, they never even get downloaded. I'm getting to the point where I don't even consider digital games part of my collection.

My spreadsheet says 2,166 physical (380 digital, though those aren’t real games). I haven’t updated my summary table to show Switch games, but I have an average of about 40 games per system, with the PS2-PS4 having a couple hundred each.

I probably shouldn’t count Windows games anymore, since we’re a long way away from Windows 95 and I’ll bet the majority of them can’t be installed or played from their disc due to install servers being long gone (though I’ve still got the serial codes). I wonder if I’ve still got those two extra Spore install slots left...

Audioout

I will say I only ever buy games I either find interesting, remember enjoying, or is historically relevant in my opinion. I know plenty of collectors who will pick up anything just to say they have them.

Top Bottom