• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How many of you would it take to beat McGregor?

He's an extremely fit guy so I think he would knock out quite a few of my clones before he got tired enough for one of me to beat him. It'd be at least 20. I used to box, so maybe with strictly boxing rules, I could whittle that number down to something a bit more respectable.

Steejee

One at a time, maybe like 10-20 (maybe 30), hard to really judge, definitely double digits and 10 is probably insanely optimistic. Fewer if I didn't get knocked the fuck out super early each time (and at my fittest points), more if he landed blows to the head (and at my less fit points). I could never beat him if he also got a stamina refill, obviously.

All at once, I figure three if none got knocked out immediately. He could probably manage two pretty easy, but three just becomes too many targets to track at once.

6'6"
300-350 lbs
Former martial arts training

I would say 3? Maybe 2 if the first one gets a good head shot or something in before going down. If he's never trained with someone my size the first one might get lucky and land a knock out hit.

2x max imo.

Connor is a middleweight.

Weight matters quite a lot in fights in 1 on 1 circumstances, let alone a 2 on 1.

The guy isn't god or something.

Maybe 2 people bigger than him with decent wrestling experience. Dude can only fight standing up. Maybe if you make him put his title on the line then 0 people.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Jesus christ these people need to be banned

"who's mcgregor?"
"who's ed sheeran?"
"who's justin bieber?"
"who's kim kardashian?"
"who's this extremely well-known and relevant person?"
"who's this person I could easily google?"

They really ask the question because they feel a sense of superiority being "unaware" of pop culture

Why is it so terrible to expect threads to explain what they're about? It doesn't even have his full name. And the McGregor I know best is Ewan, and I expect that to be true for most people who aren't into watching people beat each other up.

AlexBasch

Pretty sure he would one hit ko all of my clones.

Maybe the cloning machine will malfunction before his arm gets tired, I guess.

Why is it so terrible to expect threads to explain what they're about? It doesn't even have his full name. And the McGregor I know best is Ewan, and I expect that to be true for most people who aren't into watching people beat each other up.
When I enter a thread I don't know nothing about (which happens really often), I just highlight what I want to know, right click, search it with google and get a grasp of what the thread it's about. It isn't hard. :/

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Nothing obscure here, a simple Google search would have gotten you your answer, but lacking common knowledge like who Conor McGregor is is not on the OP, mate.

I don't think this really goes under "common knowledge". And the OP didn't even mention his first name.

Can I use a gun?

Nope, stated right there in the OP

14414795.jpeg

Maybe we could consider Gopher Chucks.

Sephzilla

I'd assume common sense would state that the thread title being about fighting would mean you aren't fighting the McGregor who's job is acting but the McGregor who's job is fighting.

Maybe 50 maybe 100, maybe 500.

Tactic is try to kick him in the dick before he lands a punch, if I strike first 1 in 15 times I reckon 5-10 dick kicks will take their toll eventually

I'd assume common sense would state that the thread title being about fighting would mean you aren't fighting the McGregor who's job is acting but the McGregor who's job is fighting.

If someone said McGregor was a great actor I would naturally think Conner...

RoadHazard

Gold Member

But I wasn't aware of the second person, so I was enticed to know what all this about beating up Obi-Wan was about. Is he allowed to use his lightsaber? Force powers?

But I apologize, and will now leave you guys to it.

I'm scrawny as all heck so he could take about a good number of me with one hitter quitters. I'm gunna say about 10-15 of me before fatigue even begins to set in, so let's say around 25-30 pinkos to beat him.

So let's say you get in a fight with McGregor in your current state

Every time he beats you, another identical copy of you appears instantly for him to fight
The copy of you has full original state stamina
It's a constant stream of you vs McGregor
Fight takes place in a ring with no weapons

At any given time it's 1v1

No groups of you vs McGregor

I dont know.

Ive got 6" and more than 100lbs on him. But I have no fight training. I have played American football and know how to leverage my weight. So I guess maybe 4 or 5 cause he would get tired.

JimiNutz

Banned
I've boxed on off for 10 years
Have also been training Muay Thai, Wrestling and BJJ for a few years as well so I at least have some kind of combat sport/martial arts experience.

I think it would take 51 of me to beat McGregor.

The logic is that it will take him approximately 1 minute to put me away. Im basing this on my ability to evade damage for the first 30-40 seconds. The maximum time that a MMA fight lasts is 25 mins (for a 5 rounder) so if Conor has to KO 25 of me (and we all last roughly a minute) then after 25 mins he might be a little tired. Give him another 25 of me and by that point he might be even more tired. At which point I can come in and hopefully grind out a decision.

eXistor

It's gonna go until he's beaten his fists completely raw and is just completely knackered. I'd go down in one punch that I won't see coming.

Couple thousand me's?

ultron87

We weight about the same. I'm a little taller. I've never weight trained in my life and he's made of muscle, so he's going to tear through a lot of me without using that much effort. So I'm gonna say like 75-100?

D6AMIA6N

Do the corpses of my clone litter the ring, or do they magically disappear? The additional distraction of my dead bloated carcasses littering the ground could prove challenging for both opponents.

If yes, carcasses stay, 40

If no, carcasses disappear, 50-60?

I used to think about doing martial arts, so I have some background

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Because it's so much easier for literally everyone involved for you to do a simple google search

JimiNutz

Banned
2x max imo.

Connor is a middleweight.

Weight matters quite a lot in fights in 1 on 1 circumstances, let alone a 2 on 1.

The guy isn't god or something.

He's actually a lightweight UFC Fighter (not a middleweight) and probably walks around at 175lbs or something like that.

That being said the average person has absolutely no idea what it's like to try and fight a professional fighter - especially a professional fighter of this caliber. I guarantee you 99% of this forum wouldn't even be able to land a single clean punch or kick on Conor over 12 rounds of boxing or Muay Thai. The Black belts in BJJ on this forum may have a better shot but I expect one clean shot from Conor (and he WILL land on you) would KO you instantly or at the very least turn your black belt level BJJ skills into blue belt level BJJ skills very quickly.

He's actually a lightweight UFC Fighter (not a middleweight) and probably walks around at 175lbs or something like that.

That being said the average person has absolutely no idea what it's like to try and fight a professional fighter - especially a professional fighter of this caliber. I guarantee you 99% of this forum wouldn't even be able to land a single clean punch or kick on Conor over 12 rounds of boxing or Muay Thai. The Black belts in BJJ on this forum may have a better shot but I expect one clean shot from Conor (and he WILL land on you) would KO you instantly or at the very least turn your black belt level BJJ skills into blue belt level BJJ skills very quickly.

Looked him up, he is 145lbs.

Jindrax

This basically.
This guy's profession is being the best at beating people. I'm sure he'd KO 90% of this forum with 1 shot to the head.

erragal

One. Because I apparently cease to exist when I lose. I will do whatever it takes to win and I'm supremely confident in my survival instincts. Even if I have to literally tear his throat with my teeth or pull his eyeballs out. So while I'd never accept this deal my only choice if forced into it is to accept that I have only one possible outcome: winning.

Make a plan for victory, not a plan for defeat.

My strategy would be to train one day with Chuck Liddell so I get really good at eye gouging. Then I could imagine after 3-5 fights I'd blind him completely and beat him.

EVOL 100%

I don't know probably 100 tbh

I'm even smaller than the guy, so no advantages for me.

I guess eventually one of my clones will be able to get a crotch kick in.

Belker

Great question, OP. It would actually make an interesting game, where you pick traits for each version of yourself and then watch how each one does.

You'd be set a limit of fighters and trait changes - better at kicking, more stamina, left handed, footwork etc.- and you'd have to see how each one did against the AI.

It would take at least 100 of me. At least. It would be more about attrition and exhausting him, to the point where he's so tired he's basically unable to fight back and can't resist a choke or armbar.

Daingurse

It'd take like 100 of me. I'm a big guy at 6'4" 245lbs, but I'm not in decent shape whatsoever. I have no martial arts training. This dude would be running circles around me. It would be incredibly hard for me to land even a single blow. I would just have to hope I can make him expend enough energy to exhaust him, so I can actually get my hands on him.

He'd probably wear down after a few hours of mercilessly beating my clones. Assuming I rushed him, got knocked out, and respawned almost immediately.

He weighs about 150 pounds. There's only so much force something that size can deliver.

Many of you don't realize how much weight changes the dynamic of a fight. It's the entire reason why weight classes exist.

A bigger guy gets a hold of him or gets on top of him and it's over.

In all reality the I would give up without fighting, but assuming I'm trapped in some sort of twisted alien reality show where they just Force people to infinitely respawn and fight...

I would go down in one hit, two max, and there's no way I could land a hit on him, let alone one that would actually be effective. My best plan would be to exhaust him with just knocking out/ killing me over and over. I'm going to assume he could do that all day, so a minimum of 9600-11520 if it takes him roughly 5-6 seconds to knock me out and can last 16 hours.

Even more if I just respawn right in front of him, and he doesn't have to wait for me to shuffle over to get knocked out.

Top Bottom