• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How much are movie tickets in your theater?

Mine has $5 tickets for regular showings before 6 PM and $10 for showings after, so I was curious about what others places had.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
$6 before 6pm / $8 after

$9 mini pitchers of Rainer / $12 mini pitchers of craft or cider

Largest popcorn is something like $7

Also serves pizza slices for around $4

Wine by the mini bottle

Only two screens and the upstairs one is kind of strange, but it is my favorite place to see first-run movies.

bigkrev

My favorite theater: 7.25 Matine, 8.50 Sun-Wednesday Night, 9.75 Thu-Saturday

Generally though, it's 10.50-12 for night tickets around here

old

$10 regular ticket, any day any time.
$12 for the IMAX or $7.50 on Tuesday
$5 on regular ticket Tuesday

I went to the AMC theater near Times Square in NYC this past November. IMAX 3D tickets were $24.

I think it's funny that you in the US don't have reserved seating (as default).

In Sweden (not counting film festivals and such) we have always have it as standard. When you buy the ticket you pick a seat.

Anyways, tickets are like $12-20 depending on the movie.

Between 6 and 9 euros depending on the time of day, up to 11€ with 3D.
Matinees are 4.5€ I believe.

When I lived in London a few years ago, I was blown away by how expensive it was to go to the movies there.

$10 normally, and $5 on Tuesday's. I think it's $1 more for 3D, not sure.

Leather reclining seats, free popcorn on Tuesdays, and a somewhat generous reward program with rewards you $5 for every $100.

And reserved seating. It's Marcus Theatres.

I have two main theaters where I live a first run and second run theatre. The first run theatre is:

$10.50 General
$7.50 Kids and Seniors
+$3.00 or more for 3D, D-box etc.
No Matinee price

The second run theatre, which I tend to go to more, all ages are the same price:

$3.00 Matinee
$4.00 Evening
+$3.00 for 3D

Edit: Prices are in Canadian by the way.

Most affordable near me is $8, most expensive near me is about $17. The expensive one is pretty nice though, it has a restaurant and bar inside the theatre lobby.

Yen

Nearest arthouse is £4 on Mondays, £7 otherwise. Normal cinema is £3.50 on Tuesdays, £6 normally

Regal and Cinemark theaters near me are $9.25 and $9.00 matinee, $12.25 and $12.00 general admission, respectively.

The smaller and older of the Regals is $6.75 across the board, though.

Local art house is $8.00 and $11.00.

All standard 2D.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
2D - 9.60€ ($11.30)
3D - 12€ ($14.10)
IMAX - 12.50€ ($14.70)
IMAX 3D - 14.90€ ($17.50)

+ some other stuff which you have to pay extra (Dolby Atmos etc.)

You can save like 1€ if you're enrolled at university.

I forget the cut off time but sometime in the afternoon it goes from $9 to $11. It's $18 for the theater with the nice assigned reclining seats.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
$13.25 for adult, evening 2D at the nearest theater.
You get a very disappointing AV presentation to go with that high price, too.

ollin

I only watch matinee showings on the weekends and sometimes on the weekdays.
Dolby Cinema (reclining seats) $14
3D or IMAX 3D are usually around $15
regular matinee showings are $7

Shredderi

13e during the weekdays and 15e during the weekends I think. I kind of miss the days of 9e movie tickets. I still go to movies but not as frequently. I propably wouldn't give a shit and go every week if I had a job that paid normal wage (unemployed). Having a job would be really sweet for a guy living alone with no car etc. No big expenses so even a normal wage would make my life feel pretty luxurious for me :D Would be movietime a lot more.

£4 All day, everyday in Cardiff. Unless you go to cineworld or the imax in the odeon. Vue all the way and that place seems way busier than it used to. Actually had a load of staff working last time I went.

Top Bottom