• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How much should someone shower in a week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danm999

Twice a day for me. Once in the morning before work, once in the afternoon after I've been exercising.

Once a week is...

do not follow that example.

jwk94

At least once a day on weekdays. I try for twice but sometimes I'm too lazy to get the second shower in. Weekends it depends on what I've been doing but I'll most likely get a shower a day in there too.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
"Your parents are gross," they all said without once ever setting eyes on them or standing near them.

The correct answer is however often it takes for a person to not stink. Some people need multiple showers a day, some can get away with less. Some people can't shower every day because it dries out their skin horribly.

My parents thought I showered too often when I went to once a day, but that is what it takes for me to not stink and feel gross. My mother bathes two to three times a week, I believe, and she never smells bad at all.

A week is too long in any situation. I am sorry you don't think that. Plus the OP said that they stink just above your post.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
There are only two instances where you can shower less than once a day:

1) You go camping.
2) You're in a coma.

Oreoleo

I would say everyday but if you're not gonna leave the house or see anybody I don't really give a fuck what you do.

So yeah, anytime you're planning to leave the house you should be showering. Which is Damn near every day.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Ideally every day or every other day. Both fine.

I am a fan of hanging out in my own musk though. If I never had to see people I think I would shower a lot less than the once a day I currently do.

Redd

Once a day at least. Twice if you work out. Ever notice the people who go long periods before bathing claiming they don't smell? Well you do and everyone in the office can smell your stink.

Once a day. More if I was sweaty/dirty.

I occasionally go once every other day if it's really cold and I'm locked inside the house (weather).

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
i know it gets hard to live at home when you are in your 20s, but when you move out you will stop having these fights with your parents.

I shower usually about once a day, sometimes though, I go like 2 or 3 days without a shower, which for me works because I'm not doing anything at all right now.

They go out every day. Personally, I would never go outside smelling the way they do, but they don't seem to care.

132.gif

That's incredibly unsanitary. The smell alone would kill me, but just thinking of the sweat and disease you attract like that. They need to shower more, like every day.

Everyday. My Dad goes a day or two without a shower (he says if he's not doing anything that'll make him sweat, what's the point?) and I can notice. I can't imagine what he'd smell like after a week.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Seriously, does no one else like their own musk? Seems odd to me everyone is so adamant on this constant showering even when alone.

I have a tip for people who want to try this. Rotate where you sleep so you don't dirty up your bed past the point of no return. After a few days, sleep on the couch. Few days later, a different couch. Little later, maybe a blanket on the floor. It helps.

If you are going out or people are coming over though, please please actually shower.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Depends on how much you sweat, the composition of your particular sweat with respect to fatty acids, the composition of your sweat in different parts of your body, ratio of apocrine to eccrine sweat glands, the composition of bacteria that reside your skin, diet, odor deterrents used, etc.

Also depends on your goals: do you want to not "feel" dirty? do you want to not smell? etc.

I predict this thread is, and will continue to be full of people who do not have any clue what they are talking about, yet throw out intransigent advice.

Beartruck

Every other day, but the day I don't shower I deodorize and really scrub my face and arms so I'm not a total slob about it. Only time I've gone longer is when I was hiking in New Mexico.

TomShoe

Banned
I usually shower ~5 times a week. I can normally skip a day if I haven't done anything strenuous and stay clean.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Depends on how much you sweat, the composition of your particular sweat with respect to fatty acids, the composition of your sweat in different parts of your body, ratio of apocrine to eccrine sweat glands, the composition of bacteria that reside your skin, diet, odor deterrents used, etc.

Also depends on your goals: do you want to not "feel" dirty? do you want to not smell? etc.

I predict this thread is, and will continue to be full of people who do not have any clue what they are talking about, yet throw out intransigent advice.

iVo4Uo7wkcZhg.gif

pharmx

I shower in the morning when I get up, and at night before I sleep. I thought that was normal until someone told me I was weird for showering more than once a day. Can't help it if I like to feel clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom