• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How old is your current car?

Paltheos

I posted my baby a while back: A 2020 Kia Forte GT(2), fully loaded. Bought it in September of 2019 and due to covid and all the little guy hasn't even cracked 10k miles yet. Still a champ though. Wonderful car for the price: Stylish as hell on the outside, 200 HP for a little pep, great sound system, and the tipping point for me- ventilated seats, in a compact with a sticker price below $30k.

Well. I made the dive. Spent a little over 30k on my new car. Kia's new trim for its Forte line - the GT (the GT2 package, specifically). I'd been split between the tech and functionality of the Forte EX and the sportiness of the Civic Touring, but this little beauty came out at just the right time. I have a little over 400 miles on it now and my opinion is that the $25.8k sticker price is an absolute bargain. It's the best compact I've found and punches up their with mid-30k midsizes like a champ. There's definitely a few cost-cut corners and a few elements that conform well with me specifically, but I still give this car a big thumbs up. Anyone... uh... in the market for a new car right now - I'm willing to answer any questions you might have about it. :messenger_grinning:
I know when I started car shopping I didn't expect to end up with a Kia, but here I am.

Rear:
VKzs5coh.jpg

Side:
wNOH0W3h.jpg

Front:
J95Hgeoh.jpg

Interior:
7pbQhzqh.jpg

Interior (night - I just really like the ambient lighting):
k4EkdEXh.jpg

Fbh

2013 Suzuki Swift.

Got it used like 2 years ago. So far I've really liked it, hasn't given me any issues, fairly efficient which is nice with the horrible fuel prices in these parts, and I still think it's the nicest looking small car in its price class (at least of the ones available here). Looks way nicer than the 2021 model too.

I'm driving a 2010 Chevy HHR that I got from CarMax back in 2013. still relatively in good condition, thou there's a few nicks and dents. there's also been some issues with the suspension which I would probably get it changed later on.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Grand Am from the early 2000s. Paid it with pocket money. Don't see a need to waste thousands on something I use for a few minutes every day. Better things to spend money on at the moment.

In a few years, once I get some student loans paid off, I wouldn't mind buying a consumer-grade Tesla.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
images
I don't currently own a car, but when I do it'll be however many years it's been since BMW made it in 1989

I’ve had three E30s. Loved every one, including a red m sport convertible a lot like the one in your photo. Probably should have kept at least one, given how much they go for now 🙄

Garibaldi

2017 BMW 335D M-Sport. Only got 44k on her, running wonderfully. I could do with changing the gearbox oil (I'll get a shop to do it as it's apparently quite complicated and expensive if it goes wrong) but otherwise she's got fresh consumables and fluid all around. Brakes and tyres are fresh too. Can't see me parting with it until fuel is ridiculously expensive.

Doczu

13 year old Opel Astra H (estate). Have it 4 years, has more than 300k km (and made a 100 myself). It's a 1.9 turbo diesel. I try to keep it in top condition, but sometimes if i floor the gas pedal i'm literally creating a smokescreen behind. Damned injectors 🤷🏻‍♂️

Final months of having it, just got a second kid and the trunk is getting too small for a week long family visit. A bit sad cause it's got a nice torque on lower gears and youcan feel the boost (if you're alone and without baggage).

Blade2.0

2015 Nissan versa. Only 58k miles on it. But I'm seriously thinking about selling it with how much used cars are going for right now. The plan, if I did it, is to get a motorcycle cruiser/touring cycle (found a really nice Kawasaki voyager near me for about 4k with touring package. 2009 1700cc engine. And then an old beat up to shit pick-up truck I can use to haul the motorcycle when needed and to use when it's raining but I really just want to replace my car all together.

5LoFHRt.jpg

bZOXkGB.jpg

WurBiDF.jpg

Other option is to keep the Versa and buy a 500cc scooter I saw near me for around 2k-2500. Either way I want something with two wheels for city and close highway (or with the Voyager long trips) capability.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Car is paid off. Gonna milk it maybe two more years and get something else.

Eyeballing a Lexus or Genesis G70. Not sure I want to trust a Korean brand, but G70 reviews are solid.

When I got my current car years ago, I was looking at Infiniti Q50 Red. Passed on it, and it seems Infiniti has got crapped on lately for being out of date. Maybe in a few years a redesign will come and I'll look into it.

Last edited:

Vagswarm

Currently have a 2009 used Subaru. Nothing to write home about, but it was a great price with no loans needed.

The best vehicle I had back in the day was the 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Convertible, which at the time was the coolest thing ever. It eventually broke down for good.

*I didn't take this picture, but this is exactly what it looked like.

UZojKuE.jpg

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
2015 mercedes C-class

Looking to upgrade at the end of this year to the 2021 C-class. I've just been promoted at work, so really wanted to treat myself in the best way possible!

The oldest is from 2006 a Citroen C3 which I use as a city car to run errands, shopping and little else... now. In my youth it took me everywhere even on absurd trips throughout Europe with more than 2000 km in a single trip, considering that it is a 1000 cc it is a miracle that I have never had problems ... it is my favorite and I have a thousand wonderful memories... when it will stops working i think I'll cry fo sure.
The other of 2019 a new Volkswagen T-Cross, beautiful car, comfortable and extremely modern.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
2003. Recently upgraded from a 1997.

I always have the oldest car in my friend's group, though I'm in the upper-tier of income within the group.

MikeM

2010 Mazdaspeed3. Original owner. Getting a bit tight though with a 3 year old and with plans for another in the short-term.

Fantastic ride, reliable and still looks great at 11 years old.

Other car is a 2016 VW Jetta. Its fine but has the typical VW charm (i.e. issues).

Last edited:

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
My car history:

1996 Honda Civic: Hand me down from my best friend. Got it in 2013. Died in 2014 (had some pretty significant problems even when I got it. Eventually the head gasket blew.

1996 Toyota Camry: Bought off craigslist for 2k in 2014. Loved this car. Had some problems towards the end but it served me well. Crashed it into the center divider on the 405 in 2018.

2002 Toyota Camry: Bought for 2k in 2018. Didn't like this car as much as my first camry but it did the job. Taught me to hate motorized seats. I'd much rather have the one with the lever. Transmission started to die in 2020. Sold it

2015 Toyota Prius: Financed from Toyota for 12k. Love this car. It's my pride and joy.

Pagusas

Elden Member
definitely hoping to see more trucks. in 2018 i traded in my 07 for an 18 Mini. Dailying that and love it.

I'm considering a Ford Lightening as my 2nd vehicle to keep at my property up north on my new land as I build out my vacation cabin. Would be great to have it for all my needs given the whole property will run off solar and geothermal.

usctrojan

I'm considering a Ford Lightening as my 2nd vehicle to keep at my property up north on my new land as I build out my vacation cabin. Would be great to have it for all my needs given the whole property will run off solar and geothermal.
that's awesome. its incredibly convenient having a truck for basically everything. i just moved a bunch of yard equipment this weekend, hauling some stuff to the dumpster tonight etc... lightning looks great.

Top Bottom