• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How old is your current car?

2017 Focus ST here. 77k miles (50k miles when bought purchased in 2019 for around $20k)

Brembo exhaust
Injen cold air intake
Boomba oil catch can and blow off valve
Mbrp catless downpipe
Eibach suspension
Torque solutions exhaust mount
Cpe lightweight intercooler

Trying to decide on what to do next with it, blast to drive.

I did put back in the OEM lights recently, these offbrand ones were a complete joke. Crack in the housing for the lights instantly and would just let condensation in.

OWdpTBG.jpg

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
7 months old.

Ordered it like 3 weeks before Covid struck, been working from home ever since. There's 3500 km on the counter, lol.

Aesius

2016. super envious of the people riding out cars for 15+ years. i plan on keeping my car for a while or when electric 3row suvs are prevalent and affordable
I've never had a car payment and have always driven older cars/beaters. But every time I rent a car I get car buying fever. The features on modern vehicles are so nice.

TheContact

I've never had a car payment and have always driven older cars/beaters. But every time I rent a car I get car buying fever. The features on modern vehicles are so nice.

not having a car payment sounds awesome. But yea the newer cars have a lot of convenient features. I think i would be fine going backwards in a beater as long as it had CarPlay and a decent sound system

Blond

Banned
I have a 6 year old car with 84k miles on it. I can’t believe how much mileage I put on it the past year but it’ll be worth it in the long run.

Aces&Eights

2020 Subaru Crosstrek for the daily grind and a 2017 Camry with all the bells and whistles for the weekend, run around town stuff. Latter has 59k miles

Quasicat

2008 Hyundai i30 at.
Is nice. 0 problems with it. I have it for 3 years so it was 10 when I got it
Love the longevity and reliability of Hyundai. I always bought GM, and never had problems until my last car. I’m done with them. My wife is on her 2nd Hyundai and keeps them for 15 years or more. Her current 08 Elantra has 200k+ and we’ve never had a problem with it. Because of the brand, I picked up an 18 Tucson a few years back and love it!

Garibaldi

Dec 2017 (65 plate in the UK) BMW 335D XDrive. It ain't going anywhere either. I normally get rid of my cars every 3 or so years (Leon Cupra R, Focus ST mapped to 300bhp Fiesta ST3 mapped to 270bhp), but I love this car.

Last edited:

NahaNago

a 2013 nissan sentra. Will probably get rid of it this year since I'm hoping that when I finally move I won't ever need a car again.

Aesius

not having a car payment sounds awesome. But yea the newer cars have a lot of convenient features. I think i would be fine going backwards in a beater as long as it had CarPlay and a decent sound system
I think the older "smart cars" are probably really sluggish by now. I know my brother's 2014 truck had a really unresponsive touchscreen by the time he sold it. Hopefully the hardware will improve this decade where the infotainment systems will remain responsive for at least a decade or more after release.

TheContact

I think the older "smart cars" are probably really sluggish by now. I know my brother's 2014 truck had a really unresponsive touchscreen by the time he sold it. Hopefully the hardware will improve this decade where the infotainment systems will remain responsive for at least a decade or more after release.

yea one of my old co workers had a 2016 volvo xc60 and the touch screen felt like i was using a first generation kindle fire. my 2016 has a really snappy touch screen (mazda cx9) so it depends on what hardware the car manufacturers source, but also keep in mind when they develop these cars, it takes years to do so. It's not like when you go to best buy and you grab a laptop with an 11th gen intel cpu--a 2021 year car is using hardware that is years old by the time the car is released

Last edited:

Aesius

yea one of my old co workers had a 2016 volvo xc60 and the touch screen felt like i was using a first generation kindle fire. my 2016 has a really snappy touch screen (mazda cx9) so it depends on what hardware the car manufacturers source, but also keep in mind when they develop these cars, it takes years to do so. It's not like when you go to best buy and you grab a laptop with an 11th gen intel cpu--a 2021 year car is using hardware that is years old by the time the car is released
That's true. Ford in particular is releasing Sync 4 on the new Broncos and F-150s, and it's supposed to be a big improvement over Sync 3, which is already decent.

n0razi

~6 years with 150k miles

Model 3 or Y performance is in the cards for the replacement as soon as the Biden administration can pass the additional EV credits.

2004 mercedes ML500. Paid $2000 for it with 120k miles on it. It's got a V8. One of the most reliable cars I've ever owned.

If you know a guy who works on mercedes for cheap, it's a steal to own this car.

Cause the dealer is a rip off.

Pejo

Gold Member
2007. It's probably time I look for a new (used) vehicle. I want to get a v6 Wrangler I think. I downsized from 2 vehicles to a single convertible and I hate not being able to haul anything or pick stuff up. Maybe a pickup.

T8SC

Gold Member
Yup, bought it at my local ford dealership, met with the previous owner and his girlfriend made him trade it in, hell of a deal for me.

All performance parts were already installed dealership had it for less than a month.

Brembo are a manufacturer of brakes though, not exhausts.

Most aftermarket exhausts will have the brand on the tip (usually the top). Hopefully it's just a mistaken brand and they've not missold you something as aftermarket when it's actually standard.

Brembo are a manufacturer of brakes though, not exhausts.

Most aftermarket exhausts will have the brand on the tip (usually the top). Hopefully it's just a mistaken brand and they've not missold you something as aftermarket when it's actually standard.
Oh that's what you were talking about, messed up on the typing there, it's a Borla.

Paulxo87

2019 ford fusion hybrid in black. Great car. crazy 50mpg gas mileage since it's all electic a lot of the time.

Lease is up in a year.. idk yet. I may just lease a mercedes entry model or audi or something.

Rubik8

I have a 2014 Subaru Legacy that I bought new. It’s not a looker but the AWD is handy in the snow and it gets pretty good gas mileage. It’s got 145k miles on it and I occasionally think of getting something nicer. But I have a daughter that will be driving in 6 months, so I’ll probably put the money towards her first car.

Miles708

Lots and lots of Japanese cars, I knew they were popular but apparently even more than I thought.

And that's true for me too, I've recently bought a Toyota Yaris from 2007, and that's a MASSIVE improvement over my previous car from 1994. I hope it's as reliable as they say it is, i'd like to keep it as long as possible

Last edited:

T8SC

Gold Member
Since people are putting pics up, here's my daily driver. (I'll leave the the weekend car off for now).

3l5u3Bd.jpg

gimmmick

KjikhVU.jpg

2018 Honda Accord LX

I wish I got the sport mode for Apple CarPlay but I got the car new for 25k OTD back in March 2018. Drives like a champ, will drive it till the wheels fall off or the turbo dies.

Last edited:

Pagusas

Elden Member
2 days, just traded my 2019 Rav 4 Hybrid Limited for $39,000 and got a new 2021 Rav 4 Hybrid Limited for $41,000. This used car market is INSANE.

ck400w9.jpg

2WbHjRF.jpg

Last edited:

Pagusas

Elden Member
Yep, I am about to trade in my w166 for what I paid for it.

Insane right? I was floored when the dealer came back and offered me what I paid for mine! Like.. it had 40k miles on it! They basically just said "if you give us yours, we'll hand you this brand new one, with every feature you have now + 0 miles and back under warrenty" I even asked "how, why?" and they told me they'd sell mine for $47,000 within 1 week, and they make far more off used cars than new cars (thus why they had no issue parting with the brand new one)

Ownage

Insane right? I was floored when the dealer came back and offered me what I paid for mine! Like.. it had 40k miles on it! They basically just said "if you give us yours, we'll hand you this brand new one, with every feature you have now + 0 miles and back under warrenty" I even asked "how, why?" and they told me they'd sell mine for $47,000 within 1 week, and they make far more off used cars than new cars (thus why they had no issue parting with the brand new one)
Soon the new car supply will run out, and prices will spike even higher. Six months from now will be interesting.

Last edited:
Top Bottom