• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How old is your current car?

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
2018 Audi A6

I still don't like to drive, but it has nice interior.

oldpotatoman

Neo Member
2018. I had a 2016 I would have kept forever but someone ran a stop sign into the side of me and totaled it. I'll keep the 2018 as long as possible but it's probably a less reliable model.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
A modern car can last for a while but you’re gonna have to make some oil changes at some point change the tires etc. and I believe Tesla put everyone (Ford, Toyota etc.) on the hot seat, the electric car game is loaded right now.

HDM

2007 Honda Civic FN2. It''s a good car but the original paint quality is poor.

AVhuS86.png

Maybe i'll change for a Type R gen 10, but they are still expensive.

Lone Wolf

I currently drive a 2019 Nissan Frontier. Wife drives a 2019 Ford Edge ST. I will be replacing the frontier sometime this year. Another mid size truck, most likely the Ridgeline.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
2017 Golf R

Probably gonna keep it until the wheels fall off because it’s the absolute perfect car for me. It helps that the interior on the new Golf is total garbage with everything being a touchscreen or slider instead of buttons and dials.

lem0n

4 year old daily driver Fiesta ST. Full bolt on aside from big turbo and methanol injection. 44k miles

26 year old weekend Miata. She gets all my extra money and attention. 112k miles

sDLUIOI.jpg
W7NgnUv.jpg

(No, license plate on internet doesn't bother me)

Last edited:

Codes 208

I’ve had my my Toyota Corolla 2014 for just over a year now.

my former truck (a ford ranger 2003) however was 18 years old (originally my dad’s vehicle) when it finally kicked the bucket

Last edited:

Karmic Raze

I have a 2018 Nissan Versa Note. I drove my 2005 Dodge Neon for 13 years, so I tend to keep my cars for a long time unless I fuck them up prematurely.

OnionSnake

Banned
2018 mazda 3, not too old. Really like driving this car, think I'll hold onto it until I see an EV that in my price range with good range itself.

JayK47

If I did not live in the rust belt, I would still be driving a 1985 Pontiac Grand Prix from high school. Damn I miss that car.

I have many cars that range from a few years old to over 50 years old.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
It's a 2018. Given the pandemic it barely has any miles on it. I'll probably keep it until it dies or more Tesla super charging stations or whatever they're called go up in my city (I really want a Tesla).

Rival

Gold Member
2019 Model I purchased in Oct. 2019. 17600 miles. And she’s going to be paid off in about a month which makes me very happy to not have a $500 monthly payment any longer.

JBat

Current car is about 2 months old. 2021 Toyota Camry xse. I freaking love this car. Fully loaded and actually pretty sexy (for a Camry)
But my heart will always belong to what I drive on highschool. 78 Jeep CJ 7 with the v8 and side pipes. In the summer we would cruze around town with the bikini top and ACDC blasting.

Susurrus

I have a 2014 VW Jetta I bought brand new that year. Still runs smooth w/ about 70k miles. I did have to have some work done on it at one point in the last year, turns out consistently driving it 100+ mph on the Autobahn wears out some parts, who knew? But now I drive it in DC and sometimes into MD, in both of which the roads are one big pothole, so that probably didn't help either. Luckily it is all fixed up and good to go and enjoyable to drive.

I also have a 2016 Honda Odyssey I bought used in 2019 when I got here. Had to have a little bit of initial work done (paid for by the dealer) when I first got it, but is good now. Who knows after the dealer warranty runs out, though. I think its got about 45k on it.

John_Ryder

2016 Kia Forte. Don't talk shit about my car or I'll drive to your location and I will destroy you.
Well, that is if my car works that day.

Durask

I have a 2011 BMW 3 series

The car feels pretty old nowadays, for sure. There's no LCD display for any of the controls, no bluetooth audio (though weirdly you can do bluetooth phone calls, so idk why music doesn't work),

I had a car like that before - bluetooth for phone only (that was a 2009 Audi)

2010 Chevy HHR. around 87K miles on it now. got it back in 2013 from CarMax when it was only a little over 13K miles. thou I do need to get it tighten up a little lately. been having some small issues and the engine light had been on too.

Paltheos

2020 Kia Forte GT(2). Nearly a year and a half old now.
I'm sure I posted pics on GAF when I got it. She's a beaut of a little compact and pretty much exactly what I wanted for a price I consider to be too good for what it offers. :) (But really only the GT2; either the EX or the GT is missing too much of the sporty or luxury features for my tastes)

Hakiroto

I have a 2017 DSG Golf GTI (Mk 7.5). I haven't had a car in ~10 years (city life, I guess) but before that I'd typically keep cars for a couple of years before wanting something different. I reckon I'll keep this one a good few years more, though. I love it.

GeekyDad

My personal car is a 2000 Toyota Celica GT. She's old, stuff having to do with electronics (driver's-side window sometimes doesn't activate, etc.) is breaking down, she makes old-lady sounds when going over bumps... But she still gets me where I need to go locally. Love Toyota vehicles, and my next vehicle will more than likely be another Toyota.

UnNamed

Banned
My current car is barely 1yo but the previous car was 13yo. It was in good condition and I could drive it until 2028 (EU regulations) but I HAD to sell it just because it was a compact city car, it was dangerous to drive it in an highway with heavier and bigger cars. I really didn't want to change my car, I don't like cars, but I had to. In any case, very satisfied by my new car.

Last edited:
end of 2013/start 2014 Skoda Octavia III bought it from my friend in 2019 and barely used it due to pandemy. I'll probably keep it for years since I don't like changing cars - plus I don't drive much so they have much smaller milleage than others at their age.

Ballthyrm

My car is 0 years old. I don't have a car.
I live in a city where I don't need one.
I can walk/bike everywhere and there is plenty of tramways every 5min when I feel lazy.

If I really need one, I rent one. (wayyyy, cheaper)
Maybe I'll buy one once Tesla make their 25K car in Giga Berlin that they've talked about.

Aesius

2003 BMW 525i with 60k miles. It was my grandmother's car and garage kept the entire time. She basically used it to drive to church and Walmart. But her eyesight got bad enough that she couldn't drive anymore so she gave it to me a few years ago. I put about $3k in it to fix all of the various rubber/plastic parts that degraded over time, and now it drives awesome. I actually love how heavy the steering is compared to modern vehicles. As a bonus, 2003 was the first year where it was possible to add an AUX input into the stock BMW stereo, so I can plug in my iPhone for music/GPS.

TheContact

2016. super envious of the people riding out cars for 15+ years. i plan on keeping my car for a while or when electric 3row suvs are prevalent and affordable

TheMan

Less than a year. Picked up a Type R last October and with COVID and working from home, I've honestly barely driven it. Prior to that I drove the same civic for 16 years.

Top Bottom