• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How to Earn an Entire Season worth of Characters in Street Fighter V

lupinko

At some point will they just give everyone the new levels? Like in season 3 or something?

No, they want you to earn them with Fight Money or buy them with real money.

Also three stages are currently delisted if you didn't get them prior (Halloween stage, Christmas stage, and Ring of Destiny).

Shadoken

SFV has a serious flaw being overlooked - unlike most F2P games there's no way to test characters before buying them. No weekly rotation.

This puts a sour feeling on grinding for FM or even spending real money if you aren't sure you're actually going to like maining a character.

Yea this is annoying. I wish there was a Season 2 Cinematic story to try out S2 DLC chars like they did with S1.

sephi22

I feel like every fighting game should allow all characters in training mode. Not just SFV, but games with exclusively paid DLC as well.

Sure, you'll have players who want to be cheap and would set Life/meter to normal in training mode and play it like a ghetto versus mode with friends. But I think many more players would try out someone like Abigail in training mode, like them, then decide to buy them if they want to play them in other modes or online.

Great guide bat one thing. I disagree with normal survival. Its 30 fights and takes way more than 10 mins a character. More like 30. And the difficulty ramps up in the last three or 4 fights that the AI can randomly stomp you as its a cheating piece of crap. Personally i would ignore normal survival all together and move on to trials instead. Not only will it net you fight money but it teaches you better timing and execution while you do it.

But yeah overall great guide.

Rmagnus

Banned
To get back to it. I just tried it today and yes you can connect to CFN and earn FM. Which means everything in the OP works without PS Plus.
Missions work as well, did the "play the training mode" mission and got my 500 FM.

Only everything online MP is locked out.

Unless you have no PSN plus account on PS4 I don't see how you tried it. I just bought the game about 6 months back with no intention to get psn plus as I feel it's absurd to pay to play online and I couldn't unlock Juri which was the main reason I bought the game for. So maybe they patched it in the past 6 months but no when I first got the game you can't get shit without PSN plus not even the story mode.

I decided to run through hard story yesterday and it didn't take that long but Jesus facing some of the dolls with characters I'm shit with was infuriating. That one doll that can throw that poison projectile instantly over and over again almost made me quit.

MrCarter

What is the point of Fight Money/In-Game Currency?

You sound like one of those daily mail readers who just love to fear monger people by bombarding them with nonsense that's shrouded in "clever" terminology.

The main point of FM, if you haven't managed to gather that by now, is the fact most people can obtain characters, stages and some costumes effectively for free.

Has season pass 2 gone on sale since it released? I'm thinking about buying that for a discount then using my 400k plus to buy stages and whatever else looks cool.

Has season pass 2 gone on sale since it released? I'm thinking about buying that for a discount then using my 400k plus to buy stages and whatever else looks cool.

I don't think the season 1 pass went on sale until very late in the year. Expect the same for the S2 pass this year.

fernoca

I feel like every fighting game should allow all characters in training mode. Not just SFV, but games with exclusively paid DLC as well.

Sure, you'll have players who want to be cheap and would set Life/meter to normal in training mode and play it like a ghetto versus mode with friends. But I think many more players would try out someone like Abigail in training mode, like them, then decide to buy them if they want to play them in other modes or online.
That wiuld be something or at least have one rotate every week or free to try at launch
(like Injustice 2, so far each new DLC character can be tried for a week or so).

Unless you have no PSN plus account on PS4 I don't see how you tried it. I just bought the game about 6 months back with no intention to get psn plus as I feel it's absurd to pay to play online and I couldn't unlock Juri which was the main reason I bought the game for. So maybe they patched it in the past 6 months but no when I first got the game you can't get shit without PSN plus not even the story mode.
Yeah. I don't have Plus since a month ago and I earn/spend FM.

Though originally you needed to be connected to PSN/CFN to earn FM, I don't remember Plus been an additional recquirement so that would depend on if you created the CFN account. It did sucked that every server issue meant no FM, or been thrown back to the main menu. But that was fixed.

Pretty annoyed that I spent a 100k on Juri back when she was launched and now that I'm actually liking the game I don't want to play her at all. Had to beat the Cinematic Story mode to buy Abigail and now I'm gonna do a bunch of easy survivals to get Ibuki too, who I really hope I like (I did in Third Strike) so all that effort wouldn't go to waste.

Hard mode story was way too tough for me. I put all my focus into one or two characters in fighters and I'm completely helpless with the rest of them. Hopefully easy survival will be doable.

Even though I'm sitting here whining about having to grind survivals I'm still thankful for being able to get characters for Fight Money. It's a fantastic alternative to buying the season passes which are full of characters I'm not interested in.

Is there any way I can find out which survival modes I've completed? I've lost my savegame at some point, seemingly (or it's been reset) and I don't know which will end up giving me FM.

Is there any way I can find out which survival modes I've completed? I've lost my savegame at some point, seemingly (or it's been reset) and I don't know which will end up giving me FM.

When you select survival, you can see which characters finished, or what level they went up to. For each of the difficulties.

Edit: didn't read the save thing. But isn't it on CFN side?

When you select survival, you can see which characters finished, or what level they went up to. For each of the difficulties.

Edit: didn't read the save thing. But isn't it on CFN side?
Yeah, which means I could potentially waste time doing them and get no FM, because I've already done them but I can't tell which ones. I thought there might be achievements for each, but no.

Danneee

I get exactly 0 FM from completing character story mode, almost thought I'd go back to this when I discovered this thread. Oh well, I'm totally done with it now.

Two questions:

Can I level up my characters offline without
going to survival ,story modes?

And how do I select hard mode on the cinematic story mode ( I beat it once already)

Raitaro

I get exactly 0 FM from completing character story mode, almost thought I'd go back to this when I discovered this thread. Oh well, I'm totally done with it now.

You might be encountering the same problem as I did but with survival on easy (which for me was the last thing I needed to do except for the trials and higher survival difficulties). It seems that the FM gains are tied to character levels most of all so if the character you completed story mode with did not gain a level, you won't get FM.

You can check a character's level by selecting him/her as your favorite and then checking your profile (the bar shows up under their portrait in the top right). Or you can double check by looking for a menu tab that shows FM earned per character - all characters should be at the same amount earned unless you did not do something with them yet.

Two questions:

Can I level up my characters offline without
going to survival ,story modes?

And how do I select hard mode on the cinematic story mode ( I beat it once already)

You can only level your characters offline to a fixed level by doing different things like survival (on each difficulty), story mode and also by watching their move demonstrations and doing their trials. So no endless levelling after you did all of those unless you hop online. Not sure if that answers your question though.

I think hard mode can be selected when you choose cinematic story mode again. You should get a difficulty prompt before it starts I believe.

Hello,

I need tips to beat survival on Normal with the following characters:

Zangief

Birdie

M.Bison

Necali

FANG

Kolin

Once I get to stage 28,29,30 I have problems
especially with Bison, unless I have a character who is fast and can jump HK ,crouch Kick or throw projectiles I'm not sure how to survive the match.

Any cheapo tips are welcome.

Thanks.

Top Bottom