• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How to Get Away with Murder |OT| It's a TV Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaaraz

This thread has become a decline of Gaaraz's sanity.
:D We're onto the third episode now but I still hate this show. Does it get better? I'm usually pretty good at giving up on shows I don't enjoy, but something odd is compelling me to watch more.

what does the A mean
I posted something spoilery (only for early season 1) so wanted to delete it - editing my post was about as close as I could get.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
It's early days, but she's utterly abhorrent so far. It doesn't bode well if she's the main reason to watch the show!
I only watched the first season for now and I have to tell you that these characters continue to be assholes. There are developments, but they continue to make deplorable decisions throughout. If a show focusing on the actions of horrible people bothers you, then you probably won't enjoy it much.

However, even though they are shitty people they are not shitty characters. Almost all of them are written in ways that make them interesting and entertaining as hell to watch, which imo is way more important than them being good people or likable on a personal level. It's a very fun and addicting show.

Gaaraz

Thank you, I've watched and enjoyed plenty of shows with horrible people (The Wire, Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones are my favourite shows!) but there's something about these characters I find particularly deplorable :(

And yet we're still watching it, so I guess you're right :)

Gaaraz

How did I not see that coming?
Even right until the end, and even though it was fairly regularly foreshadowed, it didn't enter my head that it would have been Frank who killed Lyla. I just didn't see a motive there I guess.

Also, I actually thought someone had let Rebecca escape. lol@me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom