• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How to get Gamepass Ultimate as cheap as possible.

Osthyvel

Well, i think we need a tread like this? Because, you know, we all want to save those hard earned cash.

If anyone have the time and want to do it maybe someone can add a faq to this tread?

My sub runs out in two weeks, and i think i know the best way to do this, first let the sub run out, no active sub, then buy gold as cheap as i can, add those, max 36 months. Then buy one month of gpu and convert this with a 3:2 rate so 36 months gold; 24 month gpu.

But, its a little unclear how the stacking works, is it possible to buy 3x12 months gold, or has it be 12x3 months gold? Is it still possible to do that turkey trick and use vpn?

I saw a link at eneba were it said that turkish 12months was non stackable?

I would be really happy is someone that actually know how this works can answer some questions =)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I wrote this a while ago, the steps are still valid. Gold will convert to Game Pass Core when you redeem it.

The only difference is that they have changed 1 : 1 conversion, so if you redeem 3 years of Gold/Core, you will not get 3 years of GPU anymore, you will get 2.

The new conversion is 3 : 2.

1. Purchase [cdkeys.com] 12-Month Xbox Live Gold Membership (Turkey - Email Delivery).
2. Create [windscribe.com] Free Account on Windscribe VPN and Download App or Chrome Extension [windscribe.com].
3. Connect to Turkey on Windscribe VPN or using your own VPN service/app.
4. Redeem [microsoft.com] your Xbox Live Gold code(s) without agreeing to recurring billing.
You can stack up to three years of Xbox Live Gold.
5. Disconnect VPN.
6. Join Xbox Game Pass Ultimate [xbox.com] by purchasing your first month for $1 ($14.99 if you joined Game Pass before for $1).

Don't enable auto renewal when asked.

When you're redeeming the Gold, you *MAY* get asked about getting an extra bonus month of Gold.

DENY THAT.

The reason is that it will fuck up the 36 month conversion, you can stack a max of 36 months.

I do not know about the enaba link, but as of a few months ago, the Turkey codes via CDKeys were stacking successfully for people.

I haven't used this personally myself for a while now cause a few weeks ago, there was a glitch on MS Rewards which let people redeem 3 months for 1, so I topped my GPU till 2026 using that. So I cannot vouch for the Turkey codes stacking as of today.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Buy Gold from Turkey or MEA.
Convert to Gamepass Ultimate
?????
Profit.

Beyond using MS rewards and/or loading up on vouchers that MS used to give away, thats about the cheapest way to get Gamepass Ultimate.

BlackTron

My problem is I run out in January...but I'm guessing that 1 day before I run out, all the deals will go away and MS will start charging $1000/minute

adamsapple

Is free cheap enough?

Bless you MS intern who typed the wrong decimal in the Rewards field that day.

Ta1W5AG.jpg

My problem is I run out in January...but I'm guessing that 1 day before I run out, all the deals will go away and MS will start charging $1000/minute

I think you're safe for a while. They just increased the GP price for the first time in years this summer, I doubt they're gonna do that again so soon again, for a couple of years at least.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
Is free cheap enough?

This is the method I use

BlackTron

I think you're safe for a while. They just increased the GP price for the first time in years this summer, I doubt they're gonna do that again in a couple of years at least.

We already have creep on the conversion deal, it's not as effective as before. They adjusted it before Starfield. So I'm not convinced they will not continue to fence in sneaky ways to get it cheaper and build up.

Osthyvel

Is free cheap enough?

Nah, aint nobody got time fo dat. I can pay, but not full price =)

Sony completely fucked the turkey region trick but I'm pretty sure Microsofts prices are stil dirt cheap but soon they will revert them too
So gold up for 3 years in Turkey region and convert it to ultimate

BlackTron

Literally a couple of minutes a day for me and others. But your choice.

Not gonna lie, when I read the activities necessary to get it for "free" just now. I would rather pay full 16.99/m than worry about a daily routine to get the 400 points necessary to sustain a GP sub.

If it just meant doing Bing searches maybe, but since the points from search "top out" and you need to do little busywork activities to reach the needed points, no thanks.

DragonNCM

If you already have GPU subscription, change region to Turkiye, update your card information for billing & payment to random Turkiye address( you can get address from Booking.com) & it will cost you 5$ per month.

Osthyvel

Sony completely fucked the turkey region trick but I'm pretty sure Microsofts prices are stil dirt cheap but soon they will revert them too
Aight, so i can still buy 3x12 months Turkey and redeem without problem?

Topher

Gold Member
Not gonna lie, when I read the activities necessary to get it for "free" just now. I would rather pay full 16.99/m than worry about a daily routine to get the 400 points necessary to sustain a GP sub.

If it just meant doing Bing searches maybe, but since the points from search "top out" and you need to do little busywork activities to reach the needed points, no thanks.

To each their own. Those of us who have made it part of our daily routine don't think twice about it. I just open up a collection of the same bookmarked Bing searches every day. All at one time, easy points.

adamsapple

what i do is create a new account and get the free trial, or buy drinks or doritos that have 3 months code inside

There has never been a promo that gives 3 month codes.

why you always lying noragami aragoto GIF

The turkey codes are the cheapest I've ever seen on Cdkeys, it's $29.99 right now. Maybe they're finishing the stock cause there won't be anymore ?

Last edited:

Deerock71

Is free cheap enough?

You're like those extreme savers, that clip all those coupons and have warehouses full of toilet paper The Dollar store actually had to pay you to walk out with, aren't you?
Side Eye Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

adamsapple

Isn’t it because of the conversion rate? Turkish Lira has dropped a lot since May.

Very very likely. And they haven't increased the price yet unlike the nearly 500% increase on PSN prices so probably the best time to get them before they also increase any time now lol.

Topher

Gold Member
You're like those extreme savers, that clip all those coupons and have warehouses full of toilet paper The Dollar store actually had to pay you to walk out with, aren't you?
Side Eye Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

No I'm that guy with a wife who starts looking at her luggage when she sees too much money going into this hobby.

Matthew Broderick GIF

Bernoulli

M2 slut
There has never been a promo that gives 3 month codes.

why you always lying noragami aragoto GIF

The turkey codes are the cheapest I've ever seen on Cdkeys, it's $29.99 right now. Maybe they're finishing the stock cause there won't be anymore ?
My bad it was 1 month on the bags like this
mXZBXpF.jpg

3 months was with the laptop, but I swear I got something else last year on the doritos or I just bought 3 and used 1 each month but you have to create a new account

Goalus

I've set Bing to my standard search engine on all devices, even my work laptop. This way I don't get 400 points per day, but about 150 without doing anything that I wouldn't have done anyway. Plus 100 points per week plus 2500 every 10 weeks via rewards app on my Xbox plus 50 points per achievement in a Game pass game per day. Plus cashback in the form of rewards points for purchases in the MS Store.

And no, this involves zero extra work because I do not farm Game Pass quests for games that I don't play at that moment. This doesn't cover the full GPU monthly fee of course, but it gets me pretty far.

Bernoulli

M2 slut
do you guys stay subscribed all the time? what i do for trials is only when i'm interested in a game so once or twice a year

I wish I listened to this kind of advice back in 2021. I bought 3 years of gamepass, Elite controller, Series X and Series S thinking I was going to live the sub life. Has instant buyer's remorse on all of it and promptly sold the Xboxes for a profit and just have the Elite controller and GPU left until 2024. Can't wait until it's gone. Biggest regret in my 30+ years gaming.

Tams

I wish I listened to this kind of advice back in 2021. I bought 3 years of gamepass, Elite controller, Series X and Series S thinking I was going to live the sub life. Has instant buyer's remorse on all of it and promptly sold the Xboxes for a profit and just have the Elite controller and GPU left until 2024. Can't wait until it's gone. Biggest regret in my 30+ years gaming.

Bar audio streaming, all these media subscription services are a waste of money.

For media, the issues are that they just can't offer broad enough content and enough new content.

Now, for a few people, they do work out to be good value. But life can be erratic and I don't have the same amount of time free to make up the value of a subscription. Audio is an exception as you can use it while doing something else.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Literally a couple of minutes a day for me and others. But your choice.
Sadly its not everywhere, I am getting a lot of rewards lately, because Bing is better for searching in documentation, especially MS one. However I can't really convert it to shit, its all "coming soon".

ITS ON THE INTERNET AS WELL AS IN EU, WHAT KIND FUCKING PROBLEM YOU HAVE.

adamsapple

Sadly its not everywhere, I am getting a lot of rewards lately, because Bing is better for searching in documentation, especially MS one. However I can't really convert it to shit, its all "coming soon".

ITS ON THE INTERNET AS WELL AS IN EU, WHAT KIND FUCKING PROBLEM YOU HAVE.

Yeah, US gets twice or more points and more quests and deals compared to EU and other countries.

I was in Mexico for a week a few months back and they only get like 50 pts for daily searches where US gets around 270~ for pc+mobile combined.

Turkey and Argentina because of fucked up currencies had messed up rates for these subs
Alot of my friends got ps plus deluxe memberships from Turkey region for like 20 dollars a year before Sony jacked up the prices to 400 percent

Kilau

I use Eneba most of the time, try to get it around $4-$5 per month average. The 3 month gold conversion was 50 days but I’m not sure how that’s changed/changing.

Soltype

I wrote this a while ago, the steps are still valid. Gold will convert to Game Pass Core when you redeem it.

The only difference is that they have changed 1 : 1 conversion, so if you redeem 3 years of Gold/Core, you will not get 3 years of GPU anymore, you will get 2.

The new conversion is 3 : 2.

I do not know about the enaba link, but as of a few months ago, the Turkey codes via CDKeys were stacking successfully for people.

I haven't used this personally myself for a while now cause a few weeks ago, there was a glitch on MS Rewards which let people redeem 3 months for 1, so I topped my GPU till 2026 using that. So I cannot vouch for the Turkey codes stacking as of today.
Will this work if you already have a GP subscription?

Top Bottom