• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How to get Gamepass Ultimate as cheap as possible.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Will this work if you already have a GP subscription?

Yes.

pgnkeMs.jpg

John Wick

Will this work if you already have a GP subscription?
I just converted 3 years of gold bought cheap to 2 years of GPU. I did this about a week ago. I got the 3 month cards from CDKeys. I over bought and had 2 cards left over and decided to stack them and it added 4 months more to GPU. Also everytime you added a code turn on recurring billing. Then turn it off for next code. Then repeat process. Got 3 years.

Change region to Turkey or Argentina, put their respective addresses for your CC details yet keep the same CC number. Its $4 a month for GPU and games are dirt cheap....RE4 is like $30 from day one.

Soltype

Change region to Turkey or Argentina, put their respective addresses for your CC details yet keep the same CC number. Its $4 a month for GPU and games are dirt cheap....RE4 is like $30 from day one.
Is this cheaper than the other method, how safe is this method?

Is this cheaper than the other method, how safe is this method?
Way cheaper. This has been going on since Xbox One days. Xbox just never does CC check like playstation does, all it cares is your number to take off money but the address has to be from the same region. Just like Steam sells games way cheaper in other regions due to economy, Turkey and Argentina fall under the same umbrella so prices are adjusted for them.

twilo99

Is free cheap enough?

This is the cheapest way.. I’ve stacked years worth of GPU thanks to their rewards program.

I don’t think it’s as good as it is in the US and maybe the UK, but if you live in a country where they offer it, definitely take advantage.

twilo99

1) wait for game you actually want to play
2) sub / play game
3) cancel sub...

just did this for starfield. works fine...

That’s what I did for Halo 3 years ago and realized that I was able to play/try titles I would otherwise never buy, it’s an enormous catalog, so I just kept it going.. for me personally, renting games is way better than buying them.

Also, once you get the hang of the rewards points program, it’s a no brainer..

Topher

Gold Member
That’s what I did for Halo 3 years ago and realized that I was able to play/try titles I would otherwise never buy, it’s an enormous catalog, so I just kept it going.. for me personally, renting games is way better than buying them.

Also, once you get the hang of the rewards points program, it’s a no brainer..

Currently I'm doing both. I'm not subscribed to GP since I'm playing Starfield on Steam, but I'm still stockpiling points. I've decided to stick with the approach semiconscious semiconscious is describing going forward since often times I'm not playing games on GP. This way I can build up my points and then when the next game comes out on GP that I want to play then I can burn those points for a month or two of PC Game Pass. Now someone like you who is playing a lot of games on GP, makes total sense to stay subscribed. All good as long as you are smart about it. If someone pays for GP and doesn't a game for months then I'd say they have the wrong approach.

Last edited:

twilo99

Currently I'm doing both. I'm not subscribed to GP since I'm playing Starfield on Steam, but I'm still stockpiling points. I've decided to stick with the approach semiconscious semiconscious is describing going forward since often times I'm not playing games on GP. This way I can build up my points and then when the next game comes out on GP that I want to play then I can burn those points for a month or two of PC Game Pass. Now someone like you who is playing a lot of games on GP, makes total sense to stay subscribed. All good as long as you are smart about it. If someone pays for GP and doesn't a game for months then I'd say they have the wrong approach.

Yes, this is a very economical approach and probably the way to go for most people. I think a lot of people miss the fact that you are not singing any kind of long term agreement with GP, you can be in/out whenever you want.

I just couldn’t pass up on those sweet year long gold conversions when it was 1:1 lol

Soltype

Way cheaper. This has been going on since Xbox One days. Xbox just never does CC check like playstation does, all it cares is your number to take off money but the address has to be from the same region. Just like Steam sells games way cheaper in other regions due to economy, Turkey and Argentina fall under the same umbrella so prices are adjusted for them.
Apparently you can't stack more than a year?

yep. my personal take: my series s is my first ms console, so i originally had a great time with game pass. that said, the majority of titles available i either wasn't interested in (including almost all indies), or were third party games i'd already played (quite a few, actually). anyway, come a year plus down the road, i'd pretty much completely exhausted the game pass library. & so, i opted for my current approach. after starfield, i'll be doing it with stalker2. works for me...

Apparently you can't stack more than a year?

You dont stack, you just get charged monthly $4 instead of $15. And on top of that you have the cheapest game prices in the world. RE4 is $30 while elsewhere its $70. MGS Collection Vol1 is $25. Blasphemous 2 is $15....then all the older games like Bioshock Collection etc are $1-2.

Last edited:

cireza

I subbed for 3 years when there was a good deal, but I won't do this again. I don't like subscription services to begin with, only did this because I paid once and was good for 3 years without recurring payments.

And honestly, even though it cost me like 80 or 90$ for 3 years, I still feel like it would have been better invested in a couple physical games. Not that Game Pass is bad, but this is simply not for me.

Also because of Game Pass I have to connect my console to the internet often (which is understandable when playing a Game Pass game) but I still find this super annoying.

So in the end, get 2 free weeks code from somewhere or pay 1 month to try out a few games, and be done with it.

Last edited:

Osthyvel

I just converted 3 years of gold bought cheap to 2 years of GPU. I did this about a week ago. I got the 3 month cards from CDKeys. I over bought and had 2 cards left over and decided to stack them and it added 4 months more to GPU. Also everytime you added a code turn on recurring billing. Then turn it off for next code. Then repeat process. Got 3 years.

Hm, i dont get it, add code, turn on, turn off, add code turn on? 🤷

Utherellus

The cheapest way is by purchasing it on grey market called Plati.ru

You give them account email/pass and they activate 1 year for like 30-40 bucks.

John Wick

Hm, i dont get it, add code, turn on, turn off, add code turn on? 🤷
So you purchase 3 months gold codes or 12 months from CDKeys. Then you log onto your Xbox account to redeem them. Make sure recurring billing is off. After you redeem a 3/12 month code turn on recurring billing. MS gives you an extra month free for recurring billing. Just repeat process every redemption.
I stacked 3 years of Gold and then converted to GPU for £12.99. Now say you get 2 years 3 months of GPU. You can buy additional gold codes and stack upto 3 years and a month.

Last edited:

twilo99

So you purchase 3 months gold codes or 12 months from CDKeys. Then you log onto your Xbox account to redeem them. Make sure recurring billing is off. After you redeem a 3/12 month code turn on recurring billing. MS gives you an extra month free for recurring billing. Just repeat process every redemption.
I stacked 3 years of Gold and then converted to GPU for £12.99. Now say you get 2 years 3 months of GPU. You can buy additional gold codes and stack upto 3 years and a month.

Yes so it’s either this or Microsoft rewards, or a combination of the two, either way, if you like playing video games, I can’t think of a cheaper way to do so

Last edited:

Utherellus

Yeah ... no ...
Haha

Ye well if you are really concerned about the security of the account, you could pass on this one but honestly:

1. You turn on 2 factor authentication so they can't do shit.

2. Those sellers don't give a damn about your account info, they just earn moneys from system's loopholes, laundering bucks.

3. Also they are under pressure of Plati market's reputation system with thousands of souls getting affected by their actions. Community's criticism directly dictates seller's fate.
One little rumor/report that seller exploits customers' info and their business is gone.

4. I've used it and never had problems. I always change password afterwards and never got alerts on suspicious activity.

P.S. btw people use placeholder accounts for it so that's also an option.
In fact, sellers themselves encourage you to do so on consoles.
IMG-20230918-184202.jpg

I mean... bro got 38k sales 💀

Last edited:

Osthyvel

I try again, does it work the same way with core, if i buy 36 months of core and then one month gpu, does the conversion work then to? Or is it only the old livecard that works to do that?

John Wick

I try again, does it work the same way with core, if i buy 36 months of core and then one month gpu, does the conversion work then to? Or is it only the old livecard that works to do that?
Not sure but I specifically bought Xbox live Gold which you can get cheap from CDKeys for example

El Muerto

You'll need to buy Xbox Live Gold cards for the conversion to work. You can also buy core and upgrade to ultimate but it's not a 1:1 ratio, see chart above in the thread.

Last edited:

Osthyvel

Well then, so its done, i went for ey little trip to Turkey for 36 months gold, now i am set with gpu to November -25 and its like 4$/month, so very happy with that 🫡

Last edited:
Is that chart above correct? A year of gold now only converts to four months of GPU? Or is this just for existing subscribers?

Top Bottom