• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How to make your shampoo last another week.

Mods, please move to OT :(

Or: shampoo residue, wtf?

So if you read the title you instantly thought "just put water in the bottle". You caught me. That's it. But I want to elaborate on this because I'm totally surprised.

I ran out of shampoo a few days ago and decided to just put water in the bottle. I expected one use with weak results but to my complete surprise, despite the bottle seeming completely empty, the solution lathered like a total badass for days. What's more, it got the job done and I felt fresh and clean. But holy shit, just a little in my eyes and it was like I had doused them in hydrochloric acid. I have never experienced a burn that strong in my life from shampoo before.

So that raises the question: is the residue at the bottom of a shampoo bottle like some highly concentrated magic? Why did this work for a week?

akira28

you have learned the secret, now you must die.

Vidal Sassoon goons will be by shortly to make sure you look good...forever.

(they probably sell a lot of goop that way, and we probably use 80% more than we actually need, which works out for them rather nicely)

you have learned the secret, now you must die.

Vidal Sassoon goons will be by shortly to make sure you look good...forever.

(they probably sell a lot of goop that way, and we probably use 80% more than we actually need, which works out for them rather nicely)
I guess what I didn't consider is that the stuff is just really concentrated to begin with. If we all made our own solutions by diluting the stuff from stores, how long could it last? A year?

Top Bottom