• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How to Prepare for a Spicy Food Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, oh god, it really did a number on your digestive system, didn't it. It was probably better you eventually got rid of it the fast way--I know they say the chilis are perfectly safe but it sounded like it was doing deeply unpleasant things to your insides.

That said, you seem to have an incredibly high tolerance for spicy heat, so you've got that going for you!

Good stuff, dude. I feel like doing one of these challenges now, as I never bothered to do one haha.

I just bought some of Dave's Ghost Pepper Naga Jolokia Hot Sauce and honestly it's not that hot to me. I think I got too used to Da Bomb levels of heat that ghost peppers have basically become jalapenos to me. So yeah, time for me to go tackle a spicy food challenge in my town! :D

RevDM

Banned
NaughtyCalibur said:
Good stuff, dude. I feel like doing one of these challenges now, as I never bothered to do one haha.

I just bought some of Dave's Ghost Pepper Naga Jolokia Hot Sauce and honestly it's not that hot to me. I think I got too used to Da Bomb levels of heat that ghost peppers have basically become jalapenos to me. So yeah, time for me to go tackle a spicy food challenge in my town! :D

Pick yourself up some of these

TrinidadScorpionBUTCH.jpg

Trinidad Scorpion Butch T - world's hottest pepper

First time hearing about that pepper. Looked it up...

[...]A laboratory test conducted in March, 2011 measured a specimen of Trinidad Scorpion Butch T at 1,463,700 Scoville heat units[...]

So basically Da Bomb hot sauce in pepper form? Jesus. I think I'll pass on that. I prefer my asshole remain intact, thank you very much.

RevDM said:
Bonus: Complete challenge next to an annoying waitress.
This, so much, this. I guess it's part of the "psych" process or whatever but fuck it people, shut the fuck up the man is trying to do his job.

RevDM said:
Bonus: Complete challenge next to an annoying waitress.
I'll tell you, none of the surrounding noise got to me. EXCEPT:

As a prepared during the week, I would jokingly tell my wife, "I'm mentally preparing - I'm finding the place between serenity and rage." (X-Men First Class reference)

And for some reason she thought that was seriously my technique and so she yells it out at the 10:50 mark and for some reason it was really annoying. You can see my reaction in the video...

mblitek

An old drinking trick. Drink vegetable/olive oil. Coats your stomach quite well as it separates the other liquids away.

Is this going to be filmed? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom