• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HTC Vive Launch Thread -- Computer, activate holodeck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen Aku

Robo Recall is fully playable on the rift.

Raw Data is similar to an extent, you also fight against robots.
I'm thinking about getting Vive. Are there any games y'all recommend? I heard Resident Evil 7 is a great contender.

The only thing holding me back is having to mount the sensors. It seems like a pain in the butt. While the Oculus Rift doesn't require having to mount sensors.

SimplexPL

I'm thinking about getting Vive. Are there any games y'all recommend? I heard Resident Evil 7 is a great contender.

The only thing holding me back is having to mount the sensors. It seems like a pain in the butt. While the Oculus Rift doesn't require having to mount sensors.

Resident Evil 7 in VR is PSVR exclusive for a year from release.
People have been recommending games on the recent pages, on account of the Summer Sale.

For me Rift's sensors are a bigger pain in the butt because you need to drag the cables across the room from the sensors all the way to your PC, which is a dealbreaker for me, while Vive sensors only require a power source.

Plasma

Banned

The VR mode in RE7 is exclusive to PSVR for a year.

Zen Aku

Resident Evil 7 in VR is PSVR exclusive for a year from release.
People have been recommending games on the recent pages, on account of the Summer Sale.

For me Rift's sensors are a bigger pain in the butt because you need to drag the cables across the room from the sensors all the way to your PC, which is a dealbreaker for me, while Vive sensors only require a power source.

Ah shame. Would have been awesome to scare the crap out of my brother with RE7.

Thank you. I'll check out the recommendations. How does the mount work? Do you have to drill holes into the wall? So you have to mount it at all? Can I like prop it up on a bookcase?

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
The Wizards is coming later this month as early access. I am rather excited. Its a spellcasting wizard title, so you can conjure spells by drawing shapes using the controllers. Its something that I am hoping for ever since I tried Walts of the Wizard free demo

Granted there are already some like The Unspoken and The Mage's Tale,but they are Oculus exclusive unlike The Wizard.

SimplexPL

Ah shame. Would have been awesome to scare the crap out of my brother with RE7.

Thank you. I'll check out the recommendations. How does the mount work? Do you have to drill holes into the wall? So you have to mount it at all? Can I like prop it up on a bookcase?
You can drill holes and that's the preferred method, but you can also put it on tripods. Small tripod can be put on a shelf or on a top of furniture.

http://www.vrdb.com/news/ultimate-guide-htc-vive

Or you can buy those rods that support the ceiling and install it on them - this is a popular method.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Vive/comments/4gkdap/probably_the_best_lighthouse_mounting_method/

https://www.vrheads.com/htc-vive-accessory-guide#rod

There are many alternartive methods that do not require drilling holes.

Zen Aku

You can mount it and that's the preferred method, but you can also put it on tripods. Or you can buy those rods that support the ceiling and install it on them - this is a popular method.
Hmm tripods might be best. Easy to take in and out. Are these specific tripods I have to buy separately? Or will any camera tripods work?

Durante

Also any of you guys have to move your PC to another room to make it work? My bedroom won't have enough space for it. I might have to drag my PC tower to the living room.
Personally, I have my PC in a different room from the VR area, routing the required cables through the wall.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Personally, I have my PC in a different room from the VR area, routing the required cables through the wall.
What cables do you use? Is there a longer 3 in 1 cable? My space is not that large it's like 12x6 feet or something and the cable is already pretty short for it.

Durante

What cables do you use? Is there a longer 3 in 1 cable? My space is not that large it's like 12x6 feet or something and the cable is already pretty short for it.
You mean from the PC to the box or from the box to the HMD? The forer are jsut standard cables, and for the latter I use the normal included Vive cable.

With my play space (3.2 x 2.7 meters) the cable gets a bit short at the far corner of the room, but it's still OK.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
You mean from the PC to the box or from the box to the HMD? The forer are jsut standard cables, and for the latter I use the normal included Vive cable.

With my play space (3.2 x 2.7 meters) the cable gets a bit short at the far corner of the room, but it's still OK.
Hmm. Yeah I had meant the headset to the box. In my space if you're at the far corner most of the cable will actually be off the ground extending out to you. It's a funny thing, you don't want it any longer than it has to be because then it'll get tangled up.

Moondrop

Banned
Glider Island: Surprisingly fun little experience, if barely a game. Not the tech demo it may appear at first glance; it's got a bit of Pilotwings 64 and simulation in its DNA. I bought it for the controls and was not disappointed. The first VR option is HMD-pointing. It's good because it incorporates head tilt i.e. vestibular sensory information, but it kind of defeats the purpose of being able to look around while in VR. Then there's using the controllers to put your hands on the bar to turn, and the implementation is pretty great. Push to dive, pull back to go up, independent asymmetric movements for turning and banking- I don't know how realistic it is, but it works and motion sickness was low, going down to virtually none when I threw my head into it as well.

As a game though, it's ludicrously hard. You're expected to fly through 150 or more rings on a single life- and apparently before a June patch this was necessary to unlock each next level! However playing the second and third levels, they have easter egg-like effects that show a level of care... which no one would've ever seen in the developer's original vision. And even Pilotwings added a camera and thermals to the gliding sections. Nevertheless, it's definitely worth the $4 sale price if you're a Pilotwings fan. If you're really into gliders you also get access to the alpha of their next project, a more advanced simulator.

Windlands: Ambitious game that I don't enjoy very much. The game surprised me on multiple levels- one that it didn't really make me sick, two that I didn't enjoy the grappling as a Bionic Commando/Spider-Man 2 fan, and three with some bizarre design decisions. But before I rag on this game, I really do respect how they've gone for a bold locomotion style with little compromise.

So the first crazy decision is that there's a platforming section before you ever get your grappling hooks. Which is fine design in principle, starting out without your gear- but the free running and jumping causes way more motion sickness (for me) than grappling! It's not just simple platforming, you have to make precise running 30 foot jumps or you fall to your doom, and then there's a Mario64-esque wall jump room you have to get through, where it's easy to fall back to the bottom. Practically a motion sickness cocktail. And when you actually get your grapplers, the first jump is essentially impossible if you were foolish enough to pick "advanced ropes;" with "simple ropes" it's trivial. I didn't enjoy either option- simple is like Bionic Commando, with instant retraction; advanced they tried to model slack/elasticity but it felt off and much less effective than simple. Beyond all of this, there's nothing special about the graphics, world building, exploration, etc. So I guess Windlands receives the honor of being my first Steam refund.

Zalusithix

Others have already touched on the fact that the Rift does have sensors, and that they're a bigger logistical problem due to needing to be routed back to the computer, but I feel compelled to point out that the lighthouses for the Vive are not sensors. The only thing lighthouses "sense" are each other for synchronization purposes; otherwise they're completely blind. Their sole job is to emit sweeps of IR light with lasers. The sensors are on the tracked objects (HMD / controllers) to detect those sweeps of light and triangulate their position relative to the lighthouses.

PSVR + Rift = Sensors (cameras) in the room detecting markers (LEDs) on the gear.
Vive = Sensors (photodiodes) on the gear detecting markers (lighthouses) in the room.
Future = Sensors (cameras) on the gear detecting their position within the room without dedicated markers.

Played a bit of A-10 VR

It's very comparable to Space Pirate Trainer but there is a huge difference in gameplay. Space Pirate Trainer is a lot of dodging/blocking enemy fire, gets very hectic and exhausting imo.

A-10VR is different in that you don't get shot at (there is a special mode in the game where you can have that too), the targets are mines that slowly close in on your position and you just have to destroy them before they reach you.
To be honest, I like this a bit more than SPT because I'm not a fan of dodging enemy fire in SPT and usually have the shild up all the time once it gets busier.

It's on sale and thus very cheap, I don't think you will regret it, if you're not absolutely hating these kind of games that is!

(I love the 60's scifi gun design)

sqwarlock

The Wurstworld update for Hot Dogs, Horseshoes, and Hand Grenades is pretty freaking good. Some of the horseshoe challenges are hard, and my arm is pretty sore the day after completing all of them, but the prize at the end of those challenges is super worth it.

cakefoo

Are there any game on the Vive like Robo Recall on Oculus Rift? I tried that out on a demo and absolutely love it.

Also any of you guys have to move your PC to another room to make it work? My bedroom won't have enough space for it. I might have to drag my PC tower to the living room.
Have you considered cable extensions?

*I should have read the other replies first :S

Zalusithix

The Wurstworld update for Hot Dogs, Horseshoes, and Hand Grenades is pretty freaking good. Some of the horseshoe challenges are hard, and my arm is pretty sore the day after completing all of them, but the prize at the end of those challenges is super worth it.

I generally dislike thrown objects in VR, and hate any challenge surrounding them so I'm not even touching that part. Between the questionable physics used in detecting the throws, the controllers that weren't designed to feel like you're throwing them, and my low ceiling, thrown objects without a ton of auto-aim or post-release control are a non starter for me.

I might not touch WW at all actually. H3VR is just a gun playground for me. Give me the toys, let me play with them as I please, and I'll be happy. I have no interest in jumping through hoops to unlock things or thematic game modes.

Plasma

Banned

I hope they make another environment like that for the modern firearms, it's nice to have something to do other than just shooting weapons down range.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
We had another couple over last night for some VR time. It really is pretty fun to show people for the first time. I got hit in the face w/ a Vive wand though. lol. I have a small bump on my forehead.

Zen Aku

Thanks for all the reply guys. I know the Viva rely on having a lot of room. Is it still possible to have as little room as possible if you're just standing still?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for all the reply guys. I know the Viva rely on having a lot of room. Is it still possible to have as little room as possible if you're just standing still?
When you configure it you can choose sitting or standing only!

jwc13ac

Picked up a few games from the sale, impressions:)

Batman VR: not bad! But very much an interactive movie so far. Cool stuff was putting on bat suit and just looking around the caves. I only played the first act or so, but I wish there was a bit more action. We'll see how it plays out.

Climby: LTTP here but WHOA sleeper hit!! Played a few single player levels, then had the most fun online I've had in years. There was a group of like 5 of us, all helping each other climb and get through levels. It was too funny reaching out to grab someone off a jump, only to fall 1,000 feat to the death lol. This is a keeper, and I think it's still in early access.

Sarentino: now THIS is what I'm talking about! Shooting, jumping, slicing and in slow mo! so fun. Great graphics too. The game could use a better tutorial, but so far so good. Only did one "level" do you unlock stuff? Is there any progression? Still gotta do a lot more in this game.

Still eying Arazona sunshine, what else are people picking up?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
So I finally bought superhot on steam so I can no uninstall revive, etc.
But wooof the controls are terrible! Throwing objects by click the touchpad is really weird after playing a ton of the game through revive. Is there anyway to change the controls? I really want to just use the grip buttons. I have not troubles keeping them held down.

OVRdrop is pretty freaking great. Playing Arizona Sunshine (which I did end up getting!) and having an episode of It's Always Sunny floating in the sky above me is fucking great! Can't wait to use OVRdrop with Elite.

OVRdrop is pretty freaking great. Playing Arizona Sunshine (which I did end up getting!) and having an episode of It's Always Sunny floating in the sky above me is fucking great! Can't wait to use OVRdrop with Elite.

Yup, easily one of the best purchases i've made for Vive. I use it a bunch. I've been doing a lot of Tilt Brush and Vivecraft with SGDQ attached to my hand.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.

Whoa... That sounds amazing...

cakefoo

So I finally bought superhot on steam so I can no uninstall revive, etc.
But wooof the controls are terrible! Throwing objects by click the touchpad is really weird after playing a ton of the game through revive. Is there anyway to change the controls? I really want to just use the grip buttons. I have not troubles keeping them held down.
YES!

Right-click Superhot > Properties > Beta tab > original vive control scheme

Sanity returned

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
YES!

Right-click Superhot > Properties > Beta tab > original vive control scheme

Sanity returned
Doin me a solid bro!!

Also for some reason in the steam version the floor is like 6 inches above the real floor.. but in SteamVR apartment the floor is perfectly matched.

Oh well just gonna run the setup utility again. The house does kinda settle and vibrate I could see the trackers shifting a few millimeters maybe.

It just struck me as weird it was fine outside of the game but in the game it was messed up.

Zalusithix

Sarentino: now THIS is what I'm talking about! Shooting, jumping, slicing and in slow mo! so fun. Great graphics too. The game could use a better tutorial, but so far so good. Only did one "level" do you unlock stuff? Is there any progression? Still gotta do a lot more in this game.

There's level progression and gear progression. Levels give skill points that can be used in a skill tree to give new abilities and bolster existing ones. As you level up and invest more points, you'll be able to jump more before landing, see enemies and treasure through walls, etc. Gear progression is handled via relics. In the case of weapons, they can change the damage, crit percentage, fire rate, reload speed, mag and ammo pool sizes, etc. Similarly on armor they can give more HP, chakra, reduce movement cost, extend acceleration / wall running / slide distance, etc. Some stats can actually be on both armor and weapons, but I'm not going to get into the nitty-gritty.

Then there's legendary relics that are more complex in their effects. Legendary relics can do things like make a head shot return to the magazine, or the first/last shot from a mag to do more damage, or increase damage during slides / jumps / dual wielding. They can significantly alter the way weapons are used. SMGs with an infinite ammo pool are a very different beast than normal where you have to worry about how fast they burn through ammo. The double bladed plasma sword can attack to your rear without giving up coverage to the front. A blade wave divided into 3 waves instead of one can cover a much larger arc as you release it. (This, by the way, combined with a relic to widen the waves and make them travel further along with one to make the charge faster and for less chakra can alter blade wave into a primary attack mechanism.).

cakefoo

Doin me a solid bro!!

Also for some reason in the steam version the floor is like 6 inches above the real floor.. but in SteamVR apartment the floor is perfectly matched.

Oh well just gonna run the setup utility again. The house does kinda settle and vibrate I could see the trackers shifting a few millimeters maybe.

It just struck me as weird it was fine outside of the game but in the game it was messed up.
Do you haveOpenVR AdvancedSettings? Its floor height fix is great for when you notice inconsistencies from app to app, and it has loads of other essential tweaks.

Dremorak

Banned
So after moving into our first home (that we own..yay!) and setting up the vive in our front room and having a blast, we're looking for ways to set it up so we can set it up in the front room while my PC stays in my office (about 20 or so meters away from the front room, on the other side of the house)

I was planning on buying a couple of hdmi to ethernet converters and running ethernet under the house to the tv (so others can see whats happening) and to the vive itself. But a quick google seems to imply that most converters cant handle more than 1080/60? Is this a fruitless effort and should I just get used to unplugging my whole pc and moving it anytime we want to VR?

Any help is appreciated :)

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Do you haveOpenVR AdvancedSettings? Its floor height fix is great for when you notice inconsistencies from app to app, and it has loads of other essential tweaks.

I did try that and it said it fixed it but was still inaccurate inside Superhot. The weird part though is back out in SteamHome the floor was perfectly fine just like always. I'm half expecting it just to work fine when I turn everything on again later. *shrug* I think I just need to reformat my computer. The Vive has been acting generally a little strange the last few days.

cakefoo

I did try that and it said it fixed it but was still inaccurate inside Superhot. The weird part though is back out in SteamHome the floor was perfectly fine just like always. I'm half expecting it just to work fine when I turn everything on again later. *shrug* I think I just need to reformat my computer. The Vive has been acting generally a little strange the last few days.
Did you try turning it off and back on again? :p

So after moving into our first home (that we own..yay!) and setting up the vive in our front room and having a blast, we're looking for ways to set it up so we can set it up in the front room while my PC stays in my office (about 20 or so meters away from the front room, on the other side of the house)

I was planning on buying a couple of hdmi to ethernet converters and running ethernet under the house to the tv (so others can see whats happening) and to the vive itself. But a quick google seems to imply that most converters cant handle more than 1080/60? Is this a fruitless effort and should I just get used to unplugging my whole pc and moving it anytime we want to VR?

Any help is appreciated :)
Here's a 4K 60hz repeater for $20 that will handle 75 feet

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Did you try turning it off and back on again? :p

OK this is indeed quite strange!

I just ran upstairs to test it out some more. And its fine. The floor is fine in my steam apartment, its fine in my Superhot apartment, its fine in Superhot single player. Its exactly as you'd expect. Maybe like the bottom finger phases through the floor by way of the model not perfectly matching the Vive wand, but its basically the way the Oculus version was for the last few months.

But..

In endless mode and ONLY in Hotel Lobby (I think its hotel lobby? its the one with the pool table and you have to grab the pool ball to start the level) the floor is like 6 inches out of place. Enough to the point that if you get on the floor you can put your face fully beneath the floor. All the other endless mode levels seem to work just fine.

It gets even weirder.

In that level, before it starts when you're just in the white room with the pool ball you have to grab to start playing.. the floor is fine. I knelt down and had one hand on the floor in its usual normal position and then with the other hand grabbed the pool ball and suddenly *poof* my hand disappeared as the floor raised up about 8 inches.

And even stranger!!! If you play a bit in that level you teleport up to the balcony/second floor and up there the virtual floor is fine! Its perfectly matched to the real floor like it should be. But in both locations on the first floor (the other being behind the bar with the sunglasses you can throw) the floor is too damn high!

Is it just the game at this point? Is it like this for anyone else? Its such a weirdly specific error.

Earlier in the week my issues were mostly with the front facing camera not working which isn't really a big deal. But it is now in perfect working order.

Also having some audio level issues too but they're pretty minor and I don't really even know how to describe exactly what was happening. Things are just too loud. And I think I do have gain reduction turned on.

cakefoo

OK this is indeed quite strange!

I just ran upstairs to test it out some more. And its fine. The floor is fine in my steam apartment, its fine in my Superhot apartment, its fine in Superhot single player. Its exactly as you'd expect. Maybe like the bottom finger phases through the floor by way of the model not perfectly matching the Vive wand, but its basically the way the Oculus version was for the last few months.

But..

In endless mode and ONLY in Hotel Lobby (I think its hotel lobby? its the one with the pool table and you have to grab the pool ball to start the level) the floor is like 6 inches out of place. Enough to the point that if you get on the floor you can put your face fully beneath the floor. All the other endless mode levels seem to work just fine.

It gets even weirder.

In that level, before it starts when you're just in the white room with the pool ball you have to grab to start playing.. the floor is fine. I knelt down and had one hand on the floor in its usual normal position and then with the other hand grabbed the pool ball and suddenly *poof* my hand disappeared as the floor raised up about 8 inches.

And even stranger!!! If you play a bit in that level you teleport up to the balcony/second floor and up there the virtual floor is fine! Its perfectly matched to the real floor like it should be. But in both locations on the first floor (the other being behind the bar with the sunglasses you can throw) the floor is too damn high!

Is it just the game at this point? Is it like this for anyone else? Its such a weirdly specific error.

Earlier in the week my issues were mostly with the front facing camera not working which isn't really a big deal. But it is now in perfect working order.

Also having some audio level issues too but they're pretty minor and I don't really even know how to describe exactly what was happening. Things are just too loud. And I think I do have gain reduction turned on.
That's the first level, Penthouse. And rest easy, I just tried with the same results. It's just the game, not your system. :)

Don't know what to do about the audio- my settings might pose an inconvenience if you mimic them- SteamVR > default playback and recording devices both set to Do Not Change, with mirror set to HTC Vive USB Audio. From there though I have to dig into Windows playback devices > Vive USB device > Properties > Levels to change the volume. Why I have it set this way, well, I was running into issues getting audio to the headset, speakers and OBS, and I guess this is the best way to do it? My HTC Vive USB Audio level is set to 14, by the way.

jwc13ac

There's level progression and gear progression. Levels give skill points that can be used in a skill tree to give new abilities and bolster existing ones. As you level up and invest more points, you'll be able to jump more before landing, see enemies and treasure through walls, etc. Gear progression is handled via relics. In the case of weapons, they can change the damage, crit percentage, fire rate, reload speed, mag and ammo pool sizes, etc. Similarly on armor they can give more HP, chakra, reduce movement cost, extend acceleration / wall running / slide distance, etc. Some stats can actually be on both armor and weapons, but I'm not going to get into the nitty-gritty.

Then there's legendary relics that are more complex in their effects. Legendary relics can do things like make a head shot return to the magazine, or the first/last shot from a mag to do more damage, or increase damage during slides / jumps / dual wielding. They can significantly alter the way weapons are used. SMGs with an infinite ammo pool are a very different beast than normal where you have to worry about how fast they burn through ammo. The double bladed plasma sword can attack to your rear without giving up coverage to the front. A blade wave divided into 3 waves instead of one can cover a much larger arc as you release it. (This, by the way, combined with a relic to widen the waves and make them travel further along with one to make the charge faster and for less chakra can alter blade wave into a primary attack mechanism.).

Thanks for the info! Yeah I saw a tab for relics and such, had NO idea what that was about. I'm sure as I mess around more, it'll become more clear.

Good thing I don't get motion sick, I could see this turning a few stomachs!

ArtHands

Tentative release schedule this month

• Xenobox VR
  • Doctor Kvorak's Obliteration Game

• Twin Roads

• GORN (Early Access)

• Ariel (Early Access)

• Late for Work (Early Access)
  • Survivor VR

• Neurowake (Early Access)
  • Bullet VR

• Racket Fury: Table Tennis VR (Early Access)
  • Lone Echo (Rift)
  • Echo Arena (Rift)

• Range Day VR
  • The Wizards (Early Access)

TBA
  • Mech Ace Combat – Trainer Edition
  • Archangel VR
  • Puttyface
  • Rise of Insanity
  • Qbike: Cyberpunk Motorcycles
  • MYSTIC VR
  • Viral EX
  • The Red Stare
  • Preta: Vendetta Rising

Wait, is Echo Arena coming to the Vive? I thought I read it was Oculus exclusive.

Definitely getting GORN when that comes out. Gameplay I've seen looks hilarious.

ArtHands

Wait, is Echo Arena coming to the Vive? I thought I read it was Oculus exclusive.

Definitely getting GORN when that comes out. Gameplay I've seen looks hilarious.

Sorry, its only for the Oculus Rift. I included both Oculus Rift and HTC Vive game list together there.

Sorry, its only for the Oculus Rift. I included both Oculus Rift and HTC Vive game list together there.

No worries, just wanna make sure I didn't miss an announcement.

It's kinda dumb having a multiplayer only VR game exclusive to one headset. As if player counts for VR multiplayer games weren't bad enough as is.

ArtHands

What I am looking forward this month are
GORN
Survivor Vr
Neurowake
Racket Fury Table Tennis
The Wizards
Archangel
Qbike (its based on the bike game in Tron movie)
The Red Stare
Rise of Insanity
Preta Vendetta Rising

SimplexPL

No worries, just wanna make sure I didn't miss an announcement.

It's kinda dumb having a multiplayer only VR game exclusive to one headset. As if player counts for VR multiplayer games weren't bad enough as is.

From what I heard, devs on the discord were gathering feedback to make the game work better on Revive (they had a separate "#revive" channel on their official Discord) , so there's always that path. And Revive dev is now getting 2k$ a month from pateron, so good news all around.
http://patreon.com/CrossVR

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
That's the first level, Penthouse. And rest easy, I just tried with the same results. It's just the game, not your system. :)

Don't know what to do about the audio- my settings might pose an inconvenience if you mimic them- SteamVR > default playback and recording devices both set to Do Not Change, with mirror set to HTC Vive USB Audio. From there though I have to dig into Windows playback devices > Vive USB device > Properties > Levels to change the volume. Why I have it set this way, well, I was running into issues getting audio to the headset, speakers and OBS, and I guess this is the best way to do it? My HTC Vive USB Audio level is set to 14, by the way.

I guess thats mainly what I mean. I have to keep the vive speakers really low in the windows volume mixer, which you can actually access by right clicking the speaker volume in the control panel rather than going through properties! But that has the side affect of only giving me 14 steps to adjust the volume of applications and the like. Its like, if my Vive is on 14, Soundclound is at 7 then the game is at 3.. it just feels squeezed and annoying. And I'm constantly paranoid somehow it will get turned up and blow my head off. I've never had another audio device that was so out of tune like this. My little headphone amp I use for music I keep at like 60 usually. Anyway, small potatoes.

I just played that Hangliding game that was recommended a few posts up and the performance is terrible! Its pretty neat and kind of amusing, but on my 1080 and 3770k I was dropping frames constantly. Still playable but that yellow bar popped up at least 6 times. And oh man when you stall it just starts spinning you around upside down and all around. Its a good endurance test.

OVRDrop doesnt want to work yet. Its just displaying a white screen with no image. I can see a mouse cursor run across it though. I did open the side panel menu and try to select an app to show but it remained white.

Gonna check XENOBOX VR next. It seems neat. Focused on dodging projectiles that I think bounce all around you.

Are there any game on the Vive like Robo Recall on Oculus Rift? I tried that out on a demo and absolutely love it.

You can play Robo Recall on the Vive via a mod called RoboRevive, and other Oculus games via a compatibility layer called ReVive. (I think SimplexPL was trying to say this too, but he typo'd Oculus Rift where he meant HTC Vive)

For sensors:
First, get two of these. If you have tall shelves in either corner of your room, you can use these clamps to clip the sensor right onto the shelf.

For any corners of your room that don't have high shelves, buy these in addition to the clamps. Set the rod up vertically so it reaches from the floor to the ceiling, and then clip the sensor near the top. This is much better than a tripod (IMO) because it doesn't take up valuable space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom