• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HTC Vive Launch Thread -- Computer, activate holodeck

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got MS Paint on Win 3.0 (3.1 was out at the time though), but the person who set up our family PC pirated us a copy of Photoshop, so there's that.

I'd already had Mario Paint for 1.5 years at that point too.

Deluxe Paint on Amiga was the real deal before any of that! (Andy Warhol and Debbie Harry approved)

*hippster smile*

cakefoo

Article by Denny Unger, Co-Founder, CEO, and Creative Director of Cloudhead Games, the studio behind The Gallery: Episode 1 – The Call of the Starseed and Episode 2 – Heart of the Emberstone.

Give it to me

Spider-Man: Homecoming - VR Experience is out.

40% user score, much worse than I expected...

Space Conquest - Multiplayer VR FPS Announcement Trailer
■ Fast paced action
■ Online 4 player competitive game mode - Gun Game
■ AI bots
■ Quick respawns
■ "Quick Play" - no time is wasted trying to find games or waiting for them to start
■ Intuitive UI - straight to the point
■ Small maps to encourage close quarters combat
■ Laser weapons
■ Great performance
■ Avatar customisation
■ Voice chat
■ EU and US servers
■ Free locomotion with snap turning

I like Pavlov, but I gravitate toward simpler FPS's like Quell 4D, Compound, Cowbots and Aliens, so I'll probably love this if enough people play it.

Finally got a FOO VR update. Basically, Will was really apologetic that things have taken so long. Production has been far more time-intensive than they anticipated. They've been doing outside contract work (like the fantastic Adult Swim stream) using their tech to bring in more money. Episodes 2 and 3 are recorded. If they make a season 2, Kickstarter backers will get it for free.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
CAn someone who's smart remind me of what happened to Valve's wireless solution? That isn't the one people have been trying out recently, right? As far as I know, Valve hasn't really shown that stuff off lately.

???

The VR version is a completely different game, with different levels, scenarios, and mechanics. If they called it "SuperHot 2" would it have been less of a scam?

Sucks that the tag was misleading but that's Valve's fault for rolling out what is (IMO) a flawed tagging system.

I have probably enjoyed Arizona Sunshine more than any other shooter so far. Robo Recall and Raw Data trump it in a few ways, but AS has an actual campaign that doesn't feel like you're walking between shooting galleries. Sure, there are horde sections, but they don't comprise the entirety of enemy encounters. The pacing feels so much better to me where the wave shootery games feel too frantic.

There's an argument to be made about the length of the game you get for the money, but the VR game is completely separate from the flatscreen version.

SuperHOT VR is totally worth it because it's a very different game, and a much, much better game. I regret buying the original completely, but VR plays completely differently and is very excellent.

Old SuperHOT has the complexity of a mobile game and the interest of a spreadsheet. SuperHOT VR makes you Neo.

Well then, things seem to look quite differently from what I initially thought.

Yes, it's mostly Valve's fault anyway.

CAn someone who's smart remind me of what happened to Valve's wireless solution? That isn't the one people have been trying out recently, right? As far as I know, Valve hasn't really shown that stuff off lately.

Don't think Valve has ever had an official wireless solution for VR. The TPCast has some backing from HTC though.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
Don't think Valve has ever had an official wireless solution for VR. The TPCast has some backing from HTC though.

Oh, really? I thought they had partnered with some company or even bought them, but maybe I'm thinking of something else.

cakefoo

The TPCAST has shipped and that's what you're probably referring to, and it was partially funded by HTC's Vive X Accelerator program. HTC also partnered with Intel for the more recent Display Link XR, which does not have a release date but it has a $249 ballpark price for a consumer add-on. They're also looking to license the tech, so it might show up built into next-gen headsets.

jwc13ac

Surpised at the 2d SuperHot hate, I love that game! It's got a great "meta" game surrounding it that can't be missed. Good story.

I look at Superhot VR as like the best DLC ever made. I can't imagine I'd have the same impact if I hadn't played through the 2d version, but of course IMO.

Surpised at the 2d SuperHot hate, I love that game! It's got a great "meta" game surrounding it that can't be missed. Good story.

I look at Superhot VR as like the best DLC ever made. I can't imagine I'd have the same impact if I hadn't played through the 2d version, but of course IMO.

I like 2D Superhot a lot too. Mechanically they're basically two completely different games that share the same concept though.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Having some friends over tomorrow to check out the Vive.
I just got the Salvador Dali museum, and I want to get GuestVR, lol. You have dinner with Einstein, cleopatra, and Mozart.

I'm gonna play the gallery this week too.

Workshop has been a godsend for Pavlov. Someone ported that UT map Outpost 23 recently and it looks great. There's a simple version of Lockout from Halo. Of course the Facility from Goldeneye has been in there a little while now. Game is so fun.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Workshop has been a godsend for Pavlov. Someone ported that UT map Outpost 23 recently and it looks great. There's a simple version of Lockout from Halo. Of course the Facility from Goldeneye has been in there a little while now. Game is so fun.
Alright gotta check this.
My VR bucket list is just to explore all the maps and content from halo1.

Zalusithix

Speaking of Superhot, tonight I decided that I'd procrastinated enough on playing it and gave it a whirl. Honestly I didn't get far before I quit to play Sairento. I mean, it's not a bad game, but it's not the bad-ass simulator that the gifs make it out to be. More of a puzzle action game than anything. Set props, set enemies & enemy movement. Just a matter of analyzing the situation, and executing a strategy within the confines of the scenario. Sure you can find creative ways to accomplish the goal within those confines, but you never feel truly free. Neither in option, nor movement - since you're bolted in place until the game allows you to move.

Dunno, I guess Sairento spoiled me from the empowering standpoint that just having bullet time doesn't do it for me. I'm used to jumping, dashing, wall running, and sliding along as I dodge/deflect/reflect bullets and use a wide arsenal of weapons to react to an ever changing arena. Superhot does have the feature of taking the enemy's weapon which is cool, and something that Sairento lacks. Then again, Sairento uses a loot system to upgrade weapons so you'd never really want to take an enemy's weapon.

So yeah, take the empowering feel away from Superhot and you're left with a puzzle game, and there's other VR games that do that genre quite well. I'll give it another go or two eventually, but I can't help but think that no matter how polished the merger of the two concepts are in Superhot, I'll inevitably prefer to play a game that focuses on and refines one of them to the exclusion of the other.

cakefoo

Speaking of Superhot, tonight I decided that I'd procrastinated enough on playing it and gave it a whirl. Honestly I didn't get far before I quit to play Sairento. I mean, it's not a bad game, but it's not the bad-ass simulator that the gifs make it out to be. More of a puzzle action game than anything. Set props, set enemies & enemy movement. Just a matter of analyzing the situation, and executing a strategy within the confines of the scenario. Sure you can find creative ways to accomplish the goal within those confines, but you never feel truly free. Neither in option, nor movement - since you're bolted in place until the game allows you to move.

Dunno, I guess Sairento spoiled me from the empowering standpoint that just having bullet time doesn't do it for me. I'm used to jumping, dashing, wall running, and sliding along as I dodge/deflect/reflect bullets and use a wide arsenal of weapons to react to an ever changing arena. Superhot does have the feature of taking the enemy's weapon which is cool, and something that Sairento lacks. Then again, Sairento uses a loot system to upgrade weapons so you'd never really want to take an enemy's weapon.

So yeah, take the empowering feel away from Superhot and you're left with a puzzle game, and there's other VR games that do that genre quite well. I'll give it another go or two eventually, but I can't help but think that no matter how polished the merger of the two concepts are in Superhot, I'll inevitably prefer to play a game that focuses on and refines one of them to the exclusion of the other.
The main story is too easy. The real challenge and fun is in the challenge modes after. I'm perplexed that the game originally shipped with just the story mode.

You probably saw my gifs. If I showed you my very first minutes of gameplay it would be an absolute snorefest. But then I got into Speed Run mode where I would replay a level for about 30 minutes until I got the fastest time I physically could before I needed to dry off from all the sweating and heavy breathing. The progression is fun, with fuckups equally as entertaining as successes.

Started two new games from the sale.

Pinball FX2 VR

Pinball Dreams and Pinball Fantasies are my all time favorite pinball videogames, but I've played them a long time ago so it was interesting to return to these kind of games in VR.
Bought all the dlc too but I think there are only 3 tables (?) ... however, I was having fun. Having the entire table + environment of the room accessible in your view at all times is the big differentiatior compared to tv based pinball videogames where you usually only look at the area around the ball, zoomed in. How the environment around the table changes based on the theme of the table is also a welcomed addition, it could be even more elaborated ... maybe a bit too conservative with the effects and objects.
What I don't like (and I didn't expect that) is the feeling of standing in my room with my head tilted down at the table and not having something to lean onto. I should put a real table in the exact position of the virtual flipper table the next time I play this again, but I don't think I have such a table.

-

Knockout League

I knew beforehand that it wouldn't be a freeform boxing game and was trying to immitate Punchout, and I never played Punchout but I have seen a playthrough of it ( I think it was Mike from Cinemassacre). I was not sure if I would like a boxing game that has the mechanics of a puzzle/reaction game ... I was looking for the physical exertion, not for a puzzlegame. (I also bought Thrill of the Fight, which should cover that I guess, I have yet to try that)

As it is early access there seem to be only 4 opponents available and I got to fight the first 2 yesterday. It was actually more fun than I'd expected and it is more physically demanding than I expected too. The first opponent maybe was a bit too easy but I lost to the second one 2 times. I have not the biggest playspace available for VR and this fighter required me to evade the attacks by taking a step back and then forward again to attack. I really have to check my center marker on the floor all the time so I don't accidentally sidestep or punch into a wall.

All in all this is better than I expected, maybe it's not very long considering I only see 4 other fighters in the menu... we'll see.

Cartman86

Banned
Does anyone have any expertise on USB "hubs" on a motherboard. I'm talking about on board bandwith. Not external hubs. I have a pretty large number of USB devices and I end up running out of resources with the Vive. I especially run into issues if I turn the camera on. I'm willing to spend anything but when researching motherboard I can't find shit. I tried buying a PCI usb card and that didn't seem to help. Is there just a motherboard out there that has an insane amount of usb hubs in it or whatever? Is that a tech spec that anyone advertises?

Does anyone have any expertise on USB "hubs" on a motherboard. I'm talking about on board bandwith. Not external hubs. I have a pretty large number of USB devices and I end up running out of resources with the Vive. I especially run into issues if I turn the camera on. I'm willing to spend anything but when researching motherboard I can't find shit. I tried buying a PCI usb card and that didn't seem to help. Is there just a motherboard out there that has an insane amount of usb hubs in it or whatever? Is that a tech spec that anyone advertises?

I'm surprised the PCI card didn't do the trick for you. Depending on the model you bought, some of them have the ports grouped, so instead of plugging in one after another, it might help to split them up across the card.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Started The Gallery Call of the Starseed last night. Its good! The physics are a little.. heavier? Than some other games maybe. I noticed picking up and dropping stuff felt slightly different.

But OMG GUYS it has this stairway. And its the most incredible VR thing I've ever experienced. You walk up the stairs and your elevation changes, but its not locomotion walking its roomscale walking.. so its a pretty tiny stairway. BUT holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, I walked up and down those stairs back and forth for like 5 straight minutes. Its insane how it really actually feels like you're going up and down. Its ridiculous.

Good stairs in that game.

Started The Gallery Call of the Starseed last night. Its good! The physics are a little.. heavier? Than some other games maybe. I noticed picking up and dropping stuff felt slightly different.

But OMG GUYS it has this stairway. And its the most incredible VR thing I've ever experienced. You walk up the stairs and your elevation changes, but its not locomotion walking its roomscale walking.. so its a pretty tiny stairway. BUT holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, I walked up and down those stairs back and forth for like 5 straight minutes. Its insane how it really actually feels like you're going up and down. Its ridiculous.

Good stairs in that game.

The final scene of that game is perfection.

SimplexPL

I can believe that people who had no idea what to expect reacted like that. Sadly, I heard so much hype and praise for that scene that my expectations were too high and it did not floor for me, I wish it did. Maybe it would happen if I did not read all that praises, stories about people literally crying during that scene - this ruined it for me.

You cant use the stock for anything in Arizona Sunshine, the sniper rifle is basically a turret section where you can move it a bit and it locks down. There is nothing in Arizona Sunshine that benefits or supports a stock.

Hm. This thread has kinda talked me out of the game. Back to square one!

Haha... have you tried everything else already so AS was your only choice of playing something new?

(I probably sound like a broken record but you should try stuff like The Solus Project, Vertigo, Conductor, The Gallery, Dead Secret etc etc before the popular names like Arizona Sunshine, they are also better games)

Haha... have you tried everything else already so AS was your only choice of playing something new?

(I probably sound like a broken record but you should try stuff like The Solus Project, Vertigo, Conductor, The Gallery, Dead Secret etc etc before the popular names like Arizona Sunshine, they are also better games)

There's a couple of those I haven't played, so I'll check them out. I've played almost all the most popular VR games, I'm just starved for content.

There's a couple of those I haven't played, so I'll check them out. I've played almost all the most popular VR games, I'm just starved for content.

If you have the spare change and are that starved for VR games then just don't listen to people that say Arizona Sunshine is a bit boring (so myself included as it's a minority opinion anyway).
It was more meant in the direction of "keep your expectations in check" rather than "stay away at all costs".
The game is far from awful and there are a lot worse games you can buy. (compelling argument, I know ;)

-

Edit: Question for Knockout League anyone here who played through the game?

What do I have to do at the third stage of the second fight (the girl with the dragon helmet, Crimson Fang). I beat her down two times, then after smacking her around a bit she says something and prepares to jump high into the air. I know how to to avoid the first jumping attack when she turns red, just sidestepping, but thats before the second beat down. I don't know what to do at the second jump before the third beatdown, I can block it and cancel her jump but I can't punch right after it and the fight continues... I feel like I have to do something specific here to land a punch?

cakefoo

My recommendations from the sale:

Superhot VR - my favorite VR game to date. Short game but post-campaign challenge modes are amazing
Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes - two players, one reads manual, the other defuses a bomb
Thumper - Trippy rhythm game where your ship speeds along a track.
Job Simulator - One of the best VR showcases
Vanishing Realms - RPG with really good melee combat
Sairento VR - Bad-ass ninja-ry
Tilt Brush - the best 3D painting app on Vive
Raw Data - Lots of action, great visuals
Pavlov VR - essentially Counterstrike in VR, supports user-created maps
Tethered - good VR RTS
A Chair in a Room : Greenwater - roomscale psychological horror game, with great music, voice acting and story.
House of the Dying Sun - space sim with good reviews.
Brookhaven Experiment - horror wave shooter
Serious Sam VR: The First Encounter - great VR port with sliding locomotion. haven't played.
Serious Sam VR: The Second Encounter - the sequel. if you get one, get First Encounter, consensus says
The Gallery - Episode 1: Call of the Starseed - Just picked this one up in the sale. Just wanted to support the devs for sharing Knuckles info, and it also just looks like a solid VR experience
Dead Secret - Horror/Mystery. Just picked up in the sale.
Smashbox Arena - MP shooter with an arcadey feel.
Mind OVR Matter - action/arcade game that gives you telekinetic powers
Battlezone - tank combat
TO THE TOP - climbing/platforming with a new spin on grab mechanics.
Audioshield - Rhythm game with auto-generated beatmaps. Not as tight as manual maps, but you can play any song you can find on Youtube.
VR The Diner Duo - Asymmetric MP game (other player uses gamepad on monitor)
Project Cars - Great racing sim, best in VR.
Assetto Corsa - Another great sim, here's a comparison between the two (also read replies for balanced views)
Werewolves Within - multiplayer whodunnit where your words and body language can change the outcome
Lunar Flight - a Lunar Lander-like sim that deserves more attention. Gamepad-based. Oldest VR-supported game on Steam?
Fantastic Contraption - Roomscale physics puzzles where you build a contraption to get to the goal
OVRdrop (great app for bringing desktop windows into VR games)
Windlands - Spiderman-like platformer, very soothing.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I can believe that people who had no idea what to expect reacted like that. Sadly, I heard so much hype and praise for that scene that my expectations were too high and it did not floor for me, I wish it did. Maybe it would happen if I did not read all that praises, stories about people literally crying during that scene - this ruined it for me.
Yeah that's the best way to ruin the impact of something.

Those fucking stairs are crazy though!!!!! The stairs are real, people.

I was quite moved by the final puzzle in form. Just really neat and well done.

cakefoo

Yeah that's the best way to ruin the impact of something.

Those fucking stairs are crazy though!!!!! The stairs are real, people.

I was quite moved by the final puzzle in form. Just really neat and well done.
Thanks for ruining the stairs for me! jk

Moondrop

Banned
Cloudlands: VR Minigolf: Well-made game that I'd recommend if you're into minigolf or level editors. The graphics are nice and chunky, and I like the single controller design. The physics is pretty good; there can be issues if your putter is colliding with another object, and there's also times where your best strategy is to hit the ball again while it's still moving. Adds a metagame, I suppose. Can be difficult, so you have to be zen.

The most impressive feature by far was the level editor. Not just the basic shapes but a full range of customizable props and scenery. For example fans where I can manually adjust the strength and direction. Combine all that with physics and this could really be something special... if there were a community. I played some of the top rated levels and they were pretty dry. Nevertheless, the tools are there.

How does one pick between this and Assetto Corsa? Consensus split, and they both seem pretty hardcore to me.

cakefoo

Cloudlands: VR Minigolf: Well-made game that I'd recommend if you're into minigolf or level editors. The graphics are nice and chunky, and I like the single controller design. The physics is pretty good; there can be issues if your putter is colliding with another object, and there's also times where your best strategy is to hit the ball again while it's still moving. Adds a metagame, I suppose. Can be difficult, so you have to be zen.

The most impressive feature by far was the level editor. Not just the basic shapes but a full range of customizable props and scenery. For example fans where I can manually adjust the strength and direction. Combine all that with physics and this could really be something special... if there were a community. I played some of the top rated levels and they were pretty dry. Nevertheless, the tools are there.

How does one pick between this and Assetto Corsa? Consensus split, and they both seem pretty hardcore to me.
I can't personally compare, but if you Google PC vs AC you'll get some detailed comparisons, point by point. This reddit post for example, plus some of the rebuttals under it will help you choose.

Both games are on sale, but I did a bad thing and overlooked AC when I scanned the deals page. Project Cars is $10 and Asseto Corsa is $15.

Moondrop

Banned
I can't personally compare, but if you Google PC vs AC you'll get some detailed comparisons, point by point. This reddit post for example, plus some of the rebuttals under it will help you choose.

Both games are on sale, but I did a bad thing and overlooked AC when I scanned the deals page. Project Cars is $10 and Asseto Corsa is $15.
Thanks, been reading up on it and they seem identical to a casual like me. Hard to argue with the price on Project Cars though, so I'll go that way.

Have been playing through Raw Data lately with a buddy. Wow that game takes off after the first two levels. I always lost interest after them playing it solo, but once you get to a new environment with a bunch of different types of enemies it starts to feel a lot more fun. Getting a bunch of upgrades for the blade robot character (forget the name) has also been great. I feel so bad ass, especially once I realized I could manipulate my blade in mid air and make it come flying back to me.

Also picked up Sairento on the sale. It's super fun! The description of Raw Data mixed with Superhot is pretty apt.

Dipped my foot into Elite: Dangerous VR today, after having only spent a few minutes in it in the past. I got the settings correct this time and jesus, that really makes the game into something crazy. The text is kinda hard to read on the UI, but it's amazing to feel like you're actually in the ship. I changed from a Cobra to a Type-6 and it's mind blowing how much more massive the latter feels. Elite does sense of scale so well.

Zalusithix

Have been playing through Raw Data lately with a buddy. Wow that game takes off after the first two levels. I always lost interest after them playing it solo, but once you get to a new environment with a bunch of different types of enemies it starts to feel a lot more fun. Getting a bunch of upgrades for the blade robot character (forget the name) has also been great. I feel so bad ass, especially once I realized I could manipulate my blade in mid air and make it come flying back to me.

Also picked up Sairento on the sale. It's super fun! The description of Raw Data mixed with Superhot is pretty apt.

Dipped my foot into Elite: Dangerous VR today, after having only spent a few minutes in it in the past. I got the settings correct this time and jesus, that really makes the game into something crazy. The text is kinda hard to read on the UI, but it's amazing to feel like you're actually in the ship. I changed from a Cobra to a Type-6 and it's mind blowing how much more massive the latter feels. Elite does sense of scale so well.

If you liked the sword throwing in Raw Data, you might like the glaive in Sairento. While there isn't a way to control it in midair (yet), it does track back to you if you change positions. Personally I feel it's lacking a bit right now, but I'm maxed out on level and have complimentary high end relics in my main weapons. People that aren't so high level / min-maxed tend to find it pretty powerful though.

And speaking of relics... I finally got a second double-bladed plasma sword relic last night, and unlike my first one, it doesn't suck. My old one had a 98% damage modifier which made it pretty much pointless. The new one has over 150%. Still could use a better secondary stat mod (just chakra on deflect), but at least I can pull off a Ninja Darth Maul now without feeling like I'm handicapped.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
My recommendations from the sale:

Superhot VR - my favorite VR game to date. Short game but post-campaign challenge modes are amazing
Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes - two players, one reads manual, the other defuses a bomb
Thumper - Trippy rhythm game where your ship speeds along a track.
Job Simulator - One of the best VR showcases
Vanishing Realms - RPG with really good melee combat
Sairento VR - Bad-ass ninja-ry
Tilt Brush - the best 3D painting app on Vive
Raw Data - Lots of action, great visuals
Pavlov VR - essentially Counterstrike in VR, supports user-created maps
Tethered - good VR RTS
A Chair in a Room : Greenwater - roomscale psychological horror game, with great music, voice acting and story.
House of the Dying Sun - space sim with good reviews.
Brookhaven Experiment - horror wave shooter
Serious Sam VR: The First Encounter - great VR port with sliding locomotion. haven't played.
Serious Sam VR: The Second Encounter - the sequel. if you get one, get First Encounter, consensus says
The Gallery - Episode 1: Call of the Starseed - Just picked this one up in the sale. Just wanted to support the devs for sharing Knuckles info, and it also just looks like a solid VR experience
Dead Secret - Horror/Mystery. Just picked up in the sale.
Smashbox Arena - MP shooter with an arcadey feel.
Mind OVR Matter - action/arcade game that gives you telekinetic powers
Battlezone - tank combat
TO THE TOP - climbing/platforming with a new spin on grab mechanics.
Audioshield - Rhythm game with auto-generated beatmaps. Not as tight as manual maps, but you can play any song you can find on Youtube.
VR The Diner Duo - Asymmetric MP game (other player uses gamepad on monitor)
Assetto Corsa - Another great sim, here's a comparison between the two (also read replies for balanced views)
Werewolves Within - multiplayer whodunnit where your words and body language can change the outcome
Lunar Flight - a Lunar Lander-like sim that deserves more attention. Gamepad-based. Oldest VR-supported game on Steam?
Fantastic Contraption - Roomscale physics puzzles where you build a contraption to get to the goal
OVRdrop (great app for bringing desktop windows into VR games)
Windlands - Spiderman-like platformer, very soothing.

Aside from the racing games, Pavlor, Werewolves Within and Diner Duo, I have all of the rest.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
http://store.steampowered.com/app/617160/Home_Sweet_Home/
A Thai horror game is set to come out in September for Oculus Rift, but may come to HTC Vive according to the developer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xJ4vZiqyjA

Some screenshots.
ss_14.jpg
ss_20.jpg
ss_21.jpg

Wardancer

Neo Member

Wasn't my intention to talk you out of the game, its still a pretty ok zombie shooter but it all revolves around handguns not rifles. Hopefully they will eventually add the weapons from the PSVR Aim controller, because that added 2 handed rifles to the game.

Played a bit of Glider Island, was hoping for a bit of PilotWings64 with that title and to a small degree that is there. I wish for a relaxing glider game though where you fly over a huge island and just go where you want. This game is not really that.

I've also bought a couple of games that go for cents during the sale, fully expecting them to be trash.
Disco Time 80s is one of them... it's 99 cent at the moment, but even for that price I'm not sure I would recommend it to anyone.
For what it's trying to do it's not really "80's" enough in my book and if you take that away then it's a tech demo of a club setting with dancing NPCs lol

Bump the SuperSampling to 1.5x - 2x if your GPU can handle it and that will clear up the smaller text.

And yes, the game becomes fucking magic in VR. Anyone with a VR headset needs to own or at least try Elite Dangerous.

Durante

I have two things to add to that
  • Serious Sam is also a great port with teleport locomotion :p
  • I'd say overall, the second game is even better than the first (larger, more inventive level design), but it's also more difficult and in a few places less VR-sickness-friendly. So yeah, if you just get one then get TFE first.

I play Saija in coop Raw Data too, and the amount of control you get with practice is pretty insane. E.g. you can control the angle the blade is flying at, the distance, its axis of spin and so on.

We're not currently playing Raw Data, sicne we are waiting for the 1.0 release with forward rendering and MSAA (!), but I'm looking forward to getting back into it.

Zen Aku

Are there any game on the Vive like Robo Recall on Oculus Rift? I tried that out on a demo and absolutely love it.

Also any of you guys have to move your PC to another room to make it work? My bedroom won't have enough space for it. I might have to drag my PC tower to the living room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom